+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    I saw her in Toronto as a surprise guest artist singing with Jaggar It's Only Rock n Roll at the Stones concert. She was just aiiright
    She sang a 1 song duet on It's Only Rock & Roll which isn't really a singers song it any stretch. So that i's about as limited an experience as you could get. I have seen her many times & she is as good a live vocalist as I have ever seen

FORT Fogey

Okay. I know it wasn't the greatest song to hear her. But, there were other guests on that tour who really stepped it up. I didn't find her all that great on the Sound of Music Live, does that count? Audra McDonald, (Mother Superior) who I just saw last weekend really stole that show.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Okay. I know it wasn't the greatest song to hear her. But, there were other guests on that tour who really stepped it up. I didn't find her all that great on the Sound of Music Live, does that count? Audra McDonald, (Mother Superior) who I just saw last weekend really stole that show.
    This was Audra's baily wick, she has been on Broadway for years, but make no mistake, that show would have never happened if not for Carrie being attached to it. In fact during rehearsals Audra said that during their scene together, Carrie had her in tears with her performance. The built in desire to hate Carrie in this role before it ever happened was over the top with entire groups of people making plans to get together on the night of the show & bombard Twitter with snarks & nastiness & indeed they did. As I said, you need to see Carrie sing more than one song with Mick Jagger, who quite frankly is not a very good vocalist anymore before you make an opinion of whether or not she is good live.

Many people have said that the night Carrie sang Alone by Heart on Idol was the night she won the show. A few years later we asked her to sing the song at her Fan Club Party in Nashville & here is what we got. Absolutely effortless, absolutely stunning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx9MU1qH9x4
    NCLurker likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Razorbacker are you the president of the Carrie fan club? You should be. I do not go and search her out, so it's nice to read the all of the goings-on, articles and see pics right here on FORT. Thank you.
    NCLurker likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    This was Audra's baily wick, she has been on Broadway for years, but make no mistake, that show would have never happened if not for Carrie being attached to it. In fact during rehearsals Audra said that during their scene together, Carrie had her in tears with her performance. The built in desire to hate Carrie in this role before it ever happened was over the top with entire groups of people making plans to get together on the night of the show & bombard Twitter with snarks & nastiness & indeed they did. As I said, you need to see Carrie sing more than one song with Mick Jagger, who quite frankly is not a very good vocalist anymore before you make an opinion of whether or not she is good live.
    Even critics of the Stones agreed this was a great tour Mick was in great form, not bad for a band celebrating 50 years. We were treated to Mick Taylor returning and the guitars never were better. Of course they don't need opening acts, but they invited a surprise guest on stage for one song if they were in their neighbourhood. Carrie happened to be in TO or else I would have preferred a better singer with them, I was jealous Vegas got Katy Perry and London got Mary J. Blige. Doesn't matter who was signed to Sound of Music Live, Audra separated the professionals from the amateurs. Her performance alone of Climb Every Mountain made me want to go to New York to see her as Billie Holliday. Singing jazz so far out of her element was incredible. Riveting. Reviews are tapping her for a sixth Tony award. Now she's not an American Idol winner, but that's fine by me. If people didn't give Carrie a chance on Sound of Music before she started that is disappointing. I liked her on idol. But if you go after an iconic role you have to be better or at least as good as Julie Andrews, and Carrie made people long for Julie. By contrast, Audra surpassed the original Mother Superior.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 04-26-2014 at 03:38 AM.

Aaaaand here's where a moderator steps in. This is not the Carrie Underwood fan page. We allow both positive and negative comments about reality show participants. You don't have to agree with another poster, but you do need to respect their opinion. When you make things personal, that's where we draw the line.

While we're on the subject, if someone disagrees with you, you do not need to rebut every one of their points ad nauseum. State your opinion and move on. We do have an infraction for "beating a dead horse" and we will use it.

If you're looking for a site that allows only positive comments, you've come to the wrong place.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

TOnight is the night of the Time 100 Gala.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't know the full set list from last night but from piecing things together it looks like it was Good Girl, Undo It, Jesus Take The Wheel & Before He Cheats. Anyway, with all the big names in the audience, she brought them to their feet & they danced to BHC! Here she is on stage:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Debb70 likes this.

Bobby Bones Carrie Underwood

Carrie has teamed up with*Bobby Bones Show*to help raise money for the tornado victims in Arkansas by donating an autographed guitar and lyrics sheet for sale on Ebay. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Red Cross*‪#‎BBSTornadoRelief‬*Bid now:*Bobby Bones Carrie Underwood ? Autographed Guitar Framed Lyrics Sheet | eBay

+ Reply to Thread