+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Someone just added the performance of Blue Bayou with Carrie, Emmylou & Bonnie. Super stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1drNREBeCXQ

Carrie is in the final 3 for this award.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Carrie is in the final 3 for this award.
    I bet she wins. I hope so. She doesn't get recognized with awards from the country music industry enough, IMO. I like Miranda, but why does she have to win so much?

She's a class act too. The personal letter to the AI Top 10. That kind of inspiration can go with someone their entire life. Very classy.
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-21-2014 at 07:13 PM.
    Misty8723 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I bet she wins. I hope so. She doesn't get recognized with awards from the country music industry enough, IMO. I like Miranda, but why does she have to win so much?

She's a class act too. The personal letter to the AI Top 10. That kind of inspiration can go with someone their entire life. Very classy.
    The final 3 in the voting for this award is Carrie Underwood, Ellie Goulding & OneRepublic. It should be interesting.

As to the Miranda Lambert issue. Sony (Carrie's & Miranda's label) seems to have made the business decision a few years back that Carrie was going to make it regardless of award wins or not. Miranda on the other hand was not nearly so dominate on the radio nor in the sales departments, so Miranda has been shoved front & center in an attempt to push her career into another level. And, quite frankly it hasn't worked. She still struggles to hit the top of the charts, she still sells on a the basis of a mid level star & even though she has won Female Vocalist Of The Year multiple times, I truly don't think anyone believes she out does Carrie. Even Miranda has expressed those emotions. And then there is the industry & their need for a new power couple so they push Miranda in conjunction with husband Blake Shelton. It quite frankly has becomes somewhat of a joke to those outside the Country music industry. When a female vocalist is needed the Industry always looks to Carrie, not Miranda.

I know I've seen Miranda looked confused as to why she won an award, such as Female Vocalist of The Year. Then she praises Carrie in her acceptance speech and says there's no way she can sing like her. So, how and why does she keep winning? Politics?

I am confused as to why Miranda's best song, IMO, that she recently did with Keith Urban, got so little air play. I hardly ever heard it on the radio and I listen to lot of country. It did make it to number 1 on the CMT Hot Country Video.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I know I've seen Miranda looked confused as to why she won an award, such as Female Vocalist of The Year. Then she praises Carrie in her acceptance speech and says there's no way she can sing like her. So, how and why does she keep winning? Politics?

I am confused as to why Miranda's best song, IMO, that she recently did with Keith Urban, got so little air play. I hardly ever heard it on the radio and I listen to lot of country. It did make it to number 1 on the CMT Hot Country Video.
    I hear it quite a bit here. I'm not sure I'd call it her best song, but I've liked her since she was on Nashville Star (season one) and liked just about all of her songs so far.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Carrie Underwood: TIME 100 - TIME

Time Magazine has released their 100 most influential people listing. Carrie is included in the Icon category.
    Here is the writeup from Brad Paisley

Carrie Underwood
    By Brad Paisley
    April 23, 2014
    I remember Carrie Underwood early on telling me how badly she wanted to earn her place in our industry. It was 2005, and she had just won American Idol and had her first No. 1 song.

Fast-forward to 2014. Not only has she earned her place, she’s also raised the bar: she’s a prolific songwriter, a trendsetter and an Opry member. But it’s her decency as a person that is so impressive. She’s an advocate for causes like animal rights and the Red Cross. She has publicly challenged lawmakers when she’s disagreed with them, and covered controversial issues in her music. She can sing the fire out of a song and tell a joke. I’m always amazed at her comedic timing and instincts when we co-host the CMA Awards. She has faith, a sense of self and loves a good challenge. When most singers tackle a Broadway musical, it’s in front of a thousand people. She did it in front of 20 million.

So many young girls want to be just like her. In that sense, I see hope for the world. If I had a daughter, nothing would make me happier than to hear her say she wanted to grow up to be like Carrie Underwood.

Paisley is an award-winning singer-songwriter

And it has just been announced that Carrie & Pharrel will entertain the crowd for this gala.

Time 100 Gala will feature Pharrell, Carrie Underwood | Page Six
    sclilred1 and Debb70 like this.

Anyone going to be in or around Syracuse NY Wed. Aug. 27th?

NYS Fair adds Carrie Underwood concert to 2014 grandstand lineup | syracuse.com

Afraid not. I've never seen Carrie in concert. I'll have to put her on my list. There aren't many performers that I haven't seen live, but I would like to see her.

FORT Fogey

I saw her in Toronto as a surprise guest artist singing with Jaggar It's Only Rock n Roll at the Stones concert. She was just aiiright

+ Reply to Thread