+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 424 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by bell
    yeah he was just nominated. for best r&b album/record???? i honestly think he was just nominated because it was a relatively poor competition. luther v won it but i think he won it becauses he was recovering from stroke. the rest sucked. luther's album had only couple good songs. but again this is JMHO. dont shoot me. please.
    From the "Musically Challenged" (me) to the "Musically Knowledgable" (you!), thanks for clearing this up!

Quote Originally Posted by WakkaDakka
    I want to applaud Carrie for trying something everyone on this board have been calling for for weeks!

She rocked that song & there was no country in it at all...it wasn't her best performance, but I applaud her for the effort of trying something different.

It appears that as time goes along that the Final Four will be:

Constantine
    Vonzell
    Carrie
    Bo
    Ugh! I actually dreamed about last night's episode last night! No more "Repeat/Rewind" several times before I go to bed! :nono

I agree wholeheartedly with you, WakkaDakka, that if Fair is Fair, those will be the Fab Four. How I wish, in my little World, that it could stay at four!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Probably trying to emulate the original video. First time Pat Benetar ever danced too. It was all over the press at the time. Of course if you aren't ancient like me you wouldn't remember this.
    Oh, I remember that video, now that you mention it. I don't remember it being discussed in the press (I was only 12, so I didn't pay attention to the news), but I did see it on Friday Night Videos on TBS (Where I live, we didn't get MTV until 1986). If 34 is ancient, then I am right there with you . I really felt old last night when the year they were born was when I was already in high school--yikes!!
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Hopefully Carrie gets back to normal next week, it doesn't need to be country, but she needs to be herself. So many guys are compared to Clay, but isn't it really Carrie who would draw the closest resemblance? Perfect vocals, but something to wish for when it comes to moving on stage. And remember 'Grease'? I would say 'Love is a Battlefield' is Carrie's 'Grease', it will be remembered for some really awkward "dance" moves.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

She is adorable, and has a wonderful voice, but I got the impression she was 'acting', and not doing a very good job of it last night. She seemed like she was just going through the motions to me...I didn't feel the passion. I appreciate she tried doing something out of her comfort zone, but she seemed really uncomfortable doing it. I was impressed, though, that she could walk around that ramp thingy, going up and down those steps...without looking down...while singing. I would have fallen flat on my face.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Fanatic

Carrie/Pat Benetar

I actually thought she sounded a bit like Pat Benetar. Is it just me - or do you get the impression that Randy is against her. He knows Simon wants her to win and I feel like he always tries to put Carrie down. Even when she doesn't do her best she still sings better then most of the others when they are singining good. Who the heck is voting for Anthony - he needs to go now. But he'll stay because he is cute. Scott has a much better voice them him. Anyway I hope Carrie comes back. I think she has a great voice and not just for country music.

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin
    Who the heck is voting for Anthony - he needs to go now. But he'll stay because he is cute. Scott has a much better voice them him. Anyway I hope Carrie comes back. I think she has a great voice and not just for country music.
    Uh...well...hmmmm. The teeny boopers and the Grandmas?

I know I am more than outnumbered and I could just stay quiet. But I loved Anthony's performance and if he is to leave at least he had his best performance in the finals! At least he has the class to listen to what Simon says and not talk back.

However, I do think Carrie will be in the Top Three!

It is Scott's turn to go home!
    Last edited by Kariann1; 04-13-2005 at 12:11 PM.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I personally think Carrie did a great job last night. They complain that she is always too country, so she goes out of her box and what does she get....criticism for not being true to her roots MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!!!!! She looked beautiful and sounded great. She also moved around a lot more and connected with the audience. Sure she forgot a few words, but she covered that up nicely.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I'm not a fan of Carrie, as some of you might know, but I liked what she tried last night. It was the first time I detected some emotion in her phrasing--maybe the edgy attitude of Pat's song freed Carrie to let loose a little. And the judges are so inconsistent--demanding something different each week, then complaining when someone gives it to them. I'm afraid after their comments this week, Carrie will crawl back into her pageant-queen castle, close the windows and extinguish the passion once and for all.

The thing that irks me most about Carrie is that she was already crowned winner before the competition started. Why have the show in the first place if you are going to announce who should win from the get-go? As far as her singing, I wince when she sings the high loud notes and I don't know why. It is like fingernails on a chalkboard.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    The thing that irks me most about Carrie is that she was already crowned winner before the competition started. Why have the show in the first place if you are going to announce who should win from the get-go? As far as her singing, I wince when she sings the high loud notes and I don't know why. It is like fingernails on a chalkboard.
    I like Carrie's tone, but I have the same feeling about Vonzell's high notes and I don't know why.

+ Reply to Thread