+ Reply to Thread
Page 417 of 423 FirstFirst ... 317367407408409410411412413414415416417418419420421422423 LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 4227
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

I cant believe there is so much written about it .Lets hope she doesn't try another iconic role
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    can't believe she told people to find Jesus because they did not like her acting. way to stay Klassy!
    That had nothing to do with it. Are you aware that Carrie had been receiving hate mail & death threats for weeks before this event took place? Are you aware that a lot of the nastiness directed towards her on twitter the night of & the days after the show actually began days prior when a large group of people got together to form a "hate watching" party & to post the nastiest & snidest things they could come up with? There was a large group of people that were never going to give this production or Carrie any chance whatsoever & they stated it days, weeks & months before the air date.

But guess what? The show still drew 18.6 million viewers, while NBC & the producers expected 6 million & NBC stated yesterday that they will be doing another such production next Winter with the same producing team & they are now searching for the right vehicle.

And like it or agree with it or not, Carrie had a lot to do with that, and the Broadway community admits to that.

And just one further thing, Carrie is not against criticism of any of her performances. She has even changed the stage production of her live concert shows after reading some of the "constructive" criticisms & critiques. But what happened with all this stuff, for the most part was not constructive, it was done to tear her down, plain & simple.

So, after the final curtain was dropped & all the tweeters had their day in the sun & those that piled on to a brutal extent, perhaps there is some morning after regrets.

Why I Was Wrong to Trash The Sound Of Music Live : Building Boys

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Musicals are not my thing so I was never going to watch even with Carrie Underwood. NBC made a calculated risk casting Carrie, and it paid off in spades! 18.6 million is huge and nothing to sneer at. Hmmm maybe NBC is finally digging itself out of the crater they dug for themselves. Carrie is a super-star and I knew that the ratings would be good, but not 18 million good. Sure, some probably did watch to see if she'd screw up or something went horribly wrong. But for those who enjoy musicals and live theater this is a great thing since NBC will be doing another next year.

Good for her, another great accomplishment under her belt. Plus, she probably learned a whole lot which she can bring into her concerts. She should be proud of herself and remember that she will never please everyone, nor should she try to. I'm betting she's regretting joining twitter about now. Poor thing.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

The show will repeat on Saturday at 8 PM. A second chance to review after the initial reactions.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

With the advent of the DVR & people watching on their own schedule, they had to come up with a better way to capture all that for ratings purposes. So they now have L+3, or Live + plus three days after the live event. Anyone that watches a program within 3 days of the first airing is now included in the ratings. They figures came in yesterday & it upped viewership to 21.3 million. That is an astounding number.

According to Forbes magazine, Carrie ranks as the 9th biggest earner amongst women in Music for 2013, earning $31 million for the year. She beats both Nikki Minaj & Maria Carey who tied for 10th place.

Carrie was ranked at #19 in the Top 25 most charitable celebrities this past year.

I reckon you could call me a bit biased, but this girl is certainly not the shy farm girl anymore. She has grown up & grown beautiful.

Carrie Underwood for Nicole by OPI | Behind the Scenes - YouTube

I reckon it must be a weird thing to be a celebrity. Every where you go someone, especially in the days of Twitter are reporting on it. Carrie was caught grocery shopping at Whole Foods in Nashville yesterday, and someone tweeted about seeing her. Then Carrie herself tweeted this exchange:

Carrie Underwood ‏@carrieunderwood 50m Nice lady checking me out at the grocery store: "Anybody ever tell you that you look like Keri Hilson?" Me: "No."

Nice lady at the grocery store? Hello! Keri Hilson, at last sighting is a completely different skin color. Funny stuff!
    sunnydayz likes this.

+ Reply to Thread