+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fan

Re: Carrie Underwood

I watched it and enjoyed it very much. Carrie's voice just keeps getting better and better. I'll be buying the soundtrack.

While Carrie's acting could definitely have been better, I thought it was good enough, especially with the talent she had around her. The woman who played the Reverend Mother was fantastic….both in acting and singing. Overall, this version seemed a little more lighthearted than the movie version, and I hadn't expected that.

It really was quite an amazing thing they all did, performing this live for TV. I'm happy for them all, especially Carrie, that the ratings were so good. I agree, it took a lot of guts for her to take this on. Good for her!

yes she needs to stick to singing because she can't act her way out of a clear plastic big. Carrie had two facial expressions. A smile with teeth and one without. No connection with her leading man. Omg great singing but the rest from Carrie was horrid!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Julie Andrews legacy is safe!

Carrie Underwood live - Sound of Music

Julie Andrews live - Sound of Music

Carrie Underwood performance - Do Re Mi

Julie Andrews performance - Do Re Mi

ETA: To be fair, I'm rather certain I would cringe hearing Julie Andrews singing one of Carrie's fantastic Country songs.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 12-06-2013 at 03:39 PM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

Kelly Clarkson will always have To Justin From Kelly and now Carrie Underwood will always have the Sound of Music. And years from now, when they are together for an American Idol retro special, they can share a laugh over their experiences discovering they were better sticking with singing and not acting.
    Uncle David likes this.

To the Point

I have it recorded and did watch a bit of it last night. Carrie is a wonderful vocalist. She could benefit from some acting classes should she continue to pursue opportunities in the acting genre, however, I agree that it took lots of guts to take on this task.

BTW, I read any time I see an update.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    yes she needs to stick to singing because she can't act her way out of a clear plastic big. Carrie had two facial expressions. A smile with teeth and one without. No connection with her leading man. Omg great singing but the rest from Carrie was horrid!
    It was terrible! I couldn't watch it all
    Uncle David and MsDiva2007 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Many classics ought to be left untouched.
    mesachick likes this.

I really tried to watch, but I couldn't do it. Just awful and more than a little embarrassing. Only the luminous Audra McDonald and Laura Benanti were worth watching and that wasn't enough. Carrie may have a good voice for country, but not for Broadway. She was completely out of her depth. The only good thing was the snarky Twitter comments.

If they ever try another one of these specials, I hope they cast people who can sing AND act. Plenty of them in show business.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

sunnydayz likes this.

Someone actually tweeted to Audra McDonald that he stopped watching TSOM the first time he saw a "NEGRO"
    in nuns habit. I tell ya the jocularity was overwhelming that night. I bet the entire crew i's still rolling.

+ Reply to Thread