+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Maura West tweeted a picture of her son & the Von Trapp kids in costume.

Times Square pimps SOM!

Don't forget the Making Of Special is on tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Don't forget the Making Of Special is on tonight.
    I saw this! It really is much different than what I had expected.

The soundtrack to the musical was released yesterday. Goodness she sounds so transformed. This girl continues to astound.

Carrie Underwood - The Lonely Goatherd - The Sound of Music (Soundtrack) - YouTube

Carrie Underwood - Do-Re-Mi - The Sound of Music (Soundtrack) - YouTube

Tonight is the big night. I bet the butterflies are beginning to buzz already.

I just have to say how proud I am of what went on last night. Were there some rough spots? Sure there were, but for a Live 3 hr. performance it went off almost without a hitch. Carrie has improved as an actress, but certainly no one will confuse her for Meryle Streep, but the guts it took for her to take on this role was over the top. And to have to fight through all the hate tweets she got from fans of Julie Andrews wishing her ill will & in some instances death, well that too can not be overlooked. I am like a proud father watching his daughter grow up & do some very special things. And, there can be no doubt whatsoever that the girl can sing anything, there are very very few women in any genre that could have done what she did last night. Congrats to Carrie & the entire cast & crew! Job well done.

Since no one ever responds anymore, I guess no one particularly cares, but TSOM screamed in the ratings last night drawing 18.5 viewers & held the ratings all the way through the 3 hr. show. They even out drew Big Bang Theory. That my friends, is what Carlie Sheen would refer to as WINNING!.

FORT Fogey

I recorded it but haven't had a chance to watch yet. I have just had a chance to read the initial comments on AOL, and considering the limited amount of acting experience she has and the huge footsteps that she is following in, I would say that while the comments are certainly not the type comments we are used to hearing in connection with Carrie Underwood, they are ok. People tended to associate Carrie with the country genre and thought it was odd that she as a country singer was in the role, so her fame in her field ironically was working somewhat against her in this endeavor.

When I get a chance to watch, I will get back with what I think. Meanwhile, I am hoping that she gets some strong reviews to counteract the personal negative views that I am sure are not really indicating a poor performance as much as they are dislikes of someone else -especially country - doing the Julie Andrews' role.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

+ Reply to Thread