+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fogey

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    It is quite the testament to the star power of Miss Carrie, that this fall has initiated 1,000's of tweets & hundreds of headlines around the world including a segment on ABC's World News Tonight. Crazy stuff or perhaps just a slow news day.

And, as can be seen in the photo below, the show did indeed take place last night.

By the way, here is video of the fall. Clutz or what?

Carrie Underwood falls on stage At Texas Concert 09.06.13 falls over on stage in 5in heels - YouTube
    There is a saying, "Vanity, thy name is Woman..."
    Notice when she fell - and many other women celebs who fall - she had on very high heels. Also notice that she wore black last night so that the thing on her leg would blend in reasonably well! Just so you know....when I was her age, I wore high heels, too, and if I were in her position and her age, I would be just as "vanity prone" as she about what I wore and the image I put forth in front of the crowds of people watching me.

Just so as I don't sound too uppity, I still believe that any old barn looks better with a little paint on it, and I paint up this old barn.

On another note, Sofia Vergara of Modern Family unfortunately for her was filmed taking a tumble going down a step into a restaurant yesterday. She also had on what appeared to be a fashionably high heel but more of a wedge or platform sandal from what could be seen of it.
    Bless her heart! She wasn't even performing.....
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

It looked like her heel got caught on the back of her long shirt and that's what caused her to fall.
    NCLurker likes this.

I'm not sure how many folks realize the age difference between Carrie & her sisters. This photo just appeared of the entire family, well except her Dad who seems to be more than a bit reluctant to be photographed. Do we think maybe Carrie was an oops?

Carrie had a show in Puyallup Washington last night. As you can see, she is back to normal footwear.

More casting news for The Sound Of Music & a nice promo photo have just been released.

NBC's 'Sound of Music' Adds Three Tony Winners to Cast!!!!

'Sound of Music': Audra McDonald, Laura Benanti and Christian Borle Join

Audra McDonald, Laura Benanti and Christian Borle have been added to the cast for the network's live production of The Sound of Music, slated to air Dec. 5, NBC announced Monday.

McDonald, a five-time Tony and two-time Grammy winner, will portray Mother Abbess. Benanti, who won a Tony for Gypsy, will play Elsa Schrader. Meanwhile, Borle, a Smash vet who recently won a Tony for Peter and the Starcatcher, has joined as Max Dettweiler.
    The three-hour production is based on the original 1959 Broadway production of The Sound of Music, which starred Mary Martin and Theodore Bikel. The play won the Tony Award as best musical, with Martin winning as best actress. The 1965 Sound of Music film adaptation starred Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer, going on towin five Academy Awards, including best picture.

The castings come three weeks after True Blood veteran Stephen Moyer was announced asCapt. Georg Von Trapp, the single father of seven children. Living in Austria on the cusp of World War II, the militaristic but warm-hearted Von Trapp engages a young governess, Maria (Carrie Underwood), whom he hires to take care of his children.

The Sound of Music, produced by Universal TV, is executive produced by Neil Meron and Craig Zadan. Beth McCarthy-Miller and Rob Ashford will serve as directors.

The Emmy's has a press conference scheduled for later today. Yesterday in their commercials for the Awards they began to tell people to be tuned in for performances by Carrie Underwood & Elton John. It has been known for quite sometime that Elton is doing a tribute to Liberace, but the whole Carrie thing came entirely out of the blue a couple of days ago. So, perhaps we will get some clarity from the presser. Regardless, it is yet more great exposure, on yet another network. ABC has the CMA Awards which she hosts, NBS has her on Sunday Night Football & the upcoming Sound Of Music & now CBS will have her on the Emmy Awards. And yet, the CMA Awards once again slighted her & didn't even nominate her for Entertainer Of The Year.

So now we know. Carrie will be performing a tribute to the year 1963, the first year that more people got their news from TV than they did from the newspaper & it is to include music by The Beatles. This is an incredibly huge honor for her.

Carrie Underwood to Perform During Emmys' Tribute to Beatles, JFK Coverage (Updated) - TheWrap

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    So now we know. Carrie will be performing a tribute to the year 1963, the first year that more people got their news from TV than they did from the newspaper & it is to include music by The Beatles. This is an incredibly huge honor for her.

Carrie Underwood to Perform During Emmys' Tribute to Beatles, JFK Coverage (Updated) - TheWrap
    I wonder what song(s) she will sing? The selection ought to be interesting.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I wonder what song(s) she will sing? The selection ought to be interesting.
    So far all they are saying is that she will be doing a medley of early 60's.

But in the meantime, yesterday she celebrated her 18th #1 single in Nashville.

Here is Carrie rehearsing for the Emmys yesterday. Photos of The Beatles & Bob Dylan are easy to make out, the other two are not so easy. So, perhaps this is a clue as to the medley?

+ Reply to Thread