+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

More big honors for Carrie!

Carrie Underwood Honored As A ?Million-Air? : MusicRow ? Nashville's Music Industry Publication ? News, Songs From Music City

Carrie Underwood became a different kind of millionaire recently when BMI awarded her with their coveted “Million-Air” awards for songs reaching the one millionth play mark. At a reception at the Country Music Hall of Fame, Underwood received certificates for the one million performance achievements of “Mama’s Song” and “Good Girl,” and a separate award for “All-American Girl,” which has logged a staggering two million airs to date. The three tracks honored at the reception alone played back-to-back would total nearly 23 years of continuous play.

“With a catalog boasting more than 13 million performances, Carrie has become one of the most successful songwriters in country music today,” said BMI’s Vice President of Writer/Publisher Relations Jody Williams. “We at BMI could not be more proud and are excited to celebrate these continued incredible achievements with her,” said Williams.
    Awarded to songwriters, composers and publishers whose songs accumulate over one million U.S. broadcast performances, the designation has been bestowed upon many revered songwriters, including Paul McCartney, Dolly Parton, and Roy Orbison. BMI Nashville presented the last “Million-Air” Awards earlier this year to songwriter Scotty Emerick to recognize his hits “I Love This Bar,” “Beer for My Horses,” “As Good As I Once Was” and “Big Blue Note.”

Dribs & drabs about costuming & set decorations regarding the Sound Of Music have been coming out, but we finally have the first part of additional casting news!

True Blood's Stephen Moyer will co-star in NBC's The Sound of Music.

‘True Blood’ Star to Play Capt. Von Trapp Opposite Carrie Underwood in Dec. 5 Telecast

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. — Aug. 23, 2013 — Acclaimed British actor Stephen Moyer has been added to the cast of NBC’s Dec. 5 live holiday production of “The Sound of Music.”
    Moyer will portray decorated World War I hero Capt. Georg Von Trapp, who is the single father of seven children. Living in Austria on the cusp of World War II, the militaristic but warm-hearted Von Trapp engages a young governess, Maria, who he hires to take care of his children.

Grammy Award winner and multi-platinum recording artist Carrie Underwood is set to star as Maria.

The three-hour production will be based on the original 1959 Broadway production of “The Sound of Music,” which starred Mary Martin and Theodore Bikel. The play won the Tony Award as best musical and Martin won as best actress.

The 1965 film version starred Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer and went on to win five Academy Awards, including best picture.
    The music and lyrics for “The Sound of Music” were written by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein, respectively.
    Moyer, a graduate of the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art, is best known to U.S. audiences for his role as Bill Compton in HBO’s “True Blood.” He has appeared on the series since it began in 2008 and was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award as part of the show’s ensemble.
    Last month he starred in the Hollywood Bowl’s production of the iconic musical “Chicago,” where he played charismatic attorney Billy Flynn.
    Moyer is a stage veteran in the U.K., having spent time with the National Theatre of Wales, the Royal Shakespeare Company, the Oxford Stage Company and the Young Vic in England. He has played the lead role “Romeo and Juliet” as well as several other legit productions early in his career.
    From NBC Studios, “The Sound of Music” is executive produced by Neil Meron and Craig Zadan. Beth McCarthy-Miller and Rob Ashford will serve as directors.
    Moyer is represented by WME in the U.S. and United Agents in the U.K. His manager is Lena Roklin.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ter+-+Showbiz)

See You Again became Carrie's 18th #1 hit yesterday. She still has not released a single that finished lower than #2 on the Billboard Charts. That's pretty incredible, 8 years on!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

On NBC Sunday Night Football there was a cute commercial for auditioning the next singer of the theme. All were silly and they didn't show Carrie, but you heard her voice at the end singing the theme. It was very clever.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Carrie talks football with Rich Eisen. Pretty nice little interview.

REP: Carrie Underwood Kickoff Special webisode - NFL Videos

Carrie took a fall onstage last night in Texas & got some new footwear for her efforts.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Carrie took a fall onstage last night in Texas & got some new footwear for her efforts.

Ouch! I am so sorry to see this....pretty toes, though! She is pretty spunky, and given a bit of time for adjustment and to get over the pain a little, I betcha she will be up and at it again. She is still relatively young - not like some of us who would be completely wiped out - and she won't let this get her down for the count!

BTW, if her show was supposed to be on NBC last night, Charter Cable didn't show it. We got Sunday Night Football with the Denver Broncos playing the Baltimore Ravens instead of The Sound of Music. I hope I haven't missed completely out.....
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

She never even missed a note when she fell. The show must go on & on it went! And she has another show tonight. A's to the Sound Of Music i's in December. Her Sunday Night Football gig begins this Sunday night.

It is quite the testament to the star power of Miss Carrie, that this fall has initiated 1,000's of tweets & hundreds of headlines around the world including a segment on ABC's World News Tonight. Crazy stuff or perhaps just a slow news day.

And, as can be seen in the photo below, the show did indeed take place last night.

By the way, here is video of the fall. Clutz or what?

Carrie Underwood falls on stage At Texas Concert 09.06.13 falls over on stage in 5in heels - YouTube
    Last edited by razorbacker; 09-07-2013 at 07:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread