+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Carrie closed out the WEFest from Detroit Lakes Minnesota last night. The lineup included Kellie Pickler, Kenny Rogers & Darius Rucker. The interesting this is that Carrie was introduced and brought onto the stage LIVE from the International Space Station.

Here is the introduction from the Space Station last week.

Carrie Underwood Gets Introduction From Space

It has just been announced that Carrie is co - hosting Good Morning America on Monday & guesting on Kelly & Michael on Tuesday.

On the set of GMA this morning, co hosting duties, making use of that degree she earned in Mass Communications.

It's funny to me that there is still a pocket full of folks that continue to call this girl stiff, no matter what she does or how she does it. Is this a stiff performance? Me thinks not.

Carrie Underwood, "Paradise City", CMA Fest 2013 - YouTube

Her performances, no. I did watch her on GMA and she didn't flow as easily as she could have with the desk crew. She did all right, but I wouldn't hire her to replace Laura Spenser.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Her performances, no. I did watch her on GMA and she didn't flow as easily as she could have with the desk crew. She did all right, but I wouldn't hire her to replace Laura Spenser.
    Well to be fair, this was her first try at something like that & she was joining a group of industry vets. And, the big thing was that the producers left her hanging when she was supposed to introduce the CMA Music Fest clip & they had none of it ready. All in all I think she did OK.

By the way, it was also announced a day or so ago, that she would be having a line of nail polish colors introduced. I think this is a pretty smart idea. Most celebrities seem to join in on the crowded fragrance market, this sets her apart from that. There are some pretty cool names & colors, check it out:

http://www.nicolebyopi.com/life-in-l...cement_8-12-13

Looks like Carrie has set her high school up pretty nicely.

To the Point

Nice!!

The T.J. Martell Foundation for Leukemia, Cancer and AIDS Research has announced that Carrie Underwood will be honored at its 38th Annual Honors Gala on Tuesday, Oct. 22 with the 2013 Artist Achievement Award. The gala will be held at the legendary Cipriani in New York. Other honorees during the evening include Jennifer Breithaupt, SVP of Marketing CITI (Spirit of Music Award), Brandon Steiner, CEO of Steiner Sports (Humanitarian of the Year Award), John Sykes, President of Clear Channel Entertainment Enterprises (Lifetime Music Industry Achievement Award) and Target Corporation (Spirit of Excellence Award). Celebrity performers and presenters will be announced throughout the summer.

“When I started this Foundation with several of my peers in the music and entertainment business in honor of my son T.J., I wanted to do all that I could to make sure other families would not have to suffer the way my family did,” said Tony Martell, Founder & Chairman of the T.J. Martell Foundation. “We are thrilled to honor Carrie Underwood with this year’s Artist Achievement Award.”

Past honorees have included former President George W. Bush and former President William J. Clinton, the late Frances Williams Preston, Katie Couric, Matt Lauer, Anne Curry, Al Roker, Clive Davis, Arnold Palmer, Del Bryant, Scott Borchetta, Clarence Avant, Berry Gordy, Quincy Jones, the late Gil Freisen, Irving Azoff, Russell Simmons, Monte & Avery Lipman, Bruce Lundvall, John Esposito, Joel Katz and the late Ahmet Ertegun. The T.J. Martell New York Honors Gala is sponsored by American Airlines.
    T.J. Martell Foundation Announces 38th Annual Gala Honorees : MusicRow – Nashville's Music Industry Publication – News, Songs From Music City

+ Reply to Thread