+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

I don't know if you guys have heard, but Randy Travis is in critical condition in Texas with heart problems. He & Carrie are good buddies. This was the night he asked to to join the Opry.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I don't know if you guys have heard, but Randy Travis is in critical condition in Texas with heart problems. He & Carrie are good buddies. This was the night he asked to to join the Opry.

After announcing improvement, he has now suffered a stroke. They are requesting prayers.....headed his way. My sincerest wish for such a talented, influential man is that he can get well, turn around his life, and be productive in a positive way.
    Whether the stars ever ask for it or not, they are role models - it's all part of it, so I hope a speedy, complete recovery for both him ( his sake) and his fans who love and adore him.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

See You Again has hit the top 10 which means Carrie is now the all time record holder for Female Country Artists with 18 consecutive Top 10 singles to start a career. That's a pretty nice feat, especially since the first 17 of them went to #2 or better & this one is still climbing with the best Call Out Numbers of any song on the charts at the moment. Looks like she's headed to the top again.

FORT Fogey

See You Again has hit the top 10 which means Carrie is now the all time record holder for Female Country Artists with 18 consecutive Top 10 singles to start a career. That's a pretty nice feat, especially since the first 17 of them went to #2 or better & this one is still climbing with the best Call Out Numbers of any song on the charts at the moment. Looks like she's headed to the top again.
    She is talented, pretty, and a record-holder. She is all of those things - no denying - but what impresses me more than anything about Carrie Underwood is that she is humble despite all of her giftings and tremendous accomplishments. After it is all said and done, the biggest star - the most accomplished, noted man or woman in history - is or was still simply a person just like the rest of us.
    Carrie recently made a remark to the extent that she realized that the fame and glory wouldn't last forever, and when she did it indicated to me first that she is fairly grounded, and second that she is even more humble than I thought.

- John McMillan

It was announced yesterday that Carrie will be performing live from Madison Square Garden on New Years Eve as part of The Dick Clark New Years Eve show. Also, she has been on vacation in Europe & toured Austria to get a feel for the location of the upcoming Sound Of Music event.

FORT Fogey

It was announced yesterday that Carrie will be performing live from Madison Square Garden on New Years Eve as part of The Dick Clark New Years Eve show. Also, she has been on vacation in Europe & toured Austria to get a feel for the location of the upcoming Sound Of Music event.
    I'm going to say right off that I do us all a favor, and I don't sing , but this reminds me of when I was in the Austrian Alps several years ago, and I simply could not resist the urge (when there was no one else around) to twirl around and break into a round of "The hills are alive with the sound of music....". I loved it!!! If I liked it, and I can't sing, I am sure that she felt immense pleasure from her experience.

- John McMillan

I'm sure this performance had something to do with her getting this role.

Carrie Underwood - Sound of Music (HD) - YouTube

Willie Nelson has a new album of duets on the near horizon. Carrie is included as his partner for You Were Always On My Mind. What a great songwriter & singer Willie is, this should be something special.

The first brief preview for Carrie's Sunday Night Football theme. She is rockin...

Carrie Underwood SNF Opening Theme Song Preview | The Big Show Blog

+ Reply to Thread