+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

The Blown Away Tour Concert DVD to be Released on August 13! · News · The Official Carrie Underwood Fan Club

Exclusive Bonus Content Includes Behind-the-Scenes Clips, Interview Footage, Music Videos, and More!
    Nashville, TN – She was Pollstar’s Top Female Country Touring Artist of 2012, and six-time GRAMMY® winner Carrie Underwood now brings the magic of her sold-out “Blown Away Tour” to DVD with the August 13 release of The Blown Away Tour: LIVE.

Filmed in concert this past March in Ontario, California, The Blown Away Tour: LIVE features more than twenty songs, with performances of a dozen of Carrie’s #1 singles, including such favorites as “Before He Cheats,” “Jesus, Take the Wheel,” “Two Black Cadillacs,” and the album title track that inspired her tour name, “Blown Away.”
    Alongside nearly 100 minutes of performance footage will be exclusive bonus clips offering a behind-the-scenes look into the making of the tour, including interviews with Carrie and Raj Kapoor, the tour director responsible for the large production and effects that defined the remarkable visual elements of “The Blown Away Tour.” Among the additional content is a selection of music videos from Carrie’s Platinum-certified Blown Away album.

DVD audio for The Blown Away Tour: LIVE will be in Dolby® 5.1 and stereo.
    The Blown Away Tour: LIVE is available for pre-order at Blown Away Live DVD.
    Carrie’s remarkable “Blown Away Tour” launched in the spring of 2012 and continued through May 23, 2013, for a total of 112 dates in 110 cities, six countries, and three continents, playing for more than 1,000,000 fans and selling out every concert this year.

By the numbers, the state-of-the-art stage production for the “Blown Away Tour” included 575,424 individual LED lights in 3,000 square feet of video walls and an incredible 23,063 feet of cable to generate the 172 different colors used in the show’s lighting. As part of each show, Carrie and her band flew 150 feet above the audience at a speed of .3 feet per second on a secondary stage that weighed 5,890 pounds, while a total of 450 CO2 tanks and 222 Nitrogen tanks were used during the life of the tour to create the “Blown Away” tornado effect at each performance.
    Carrie’s two previous headline tours, 2008’s “Carnival Ride Tour” and 2010’s “Play On Tour,” performed for a combined total of nearly 250 shows with 2.2 million fans in attendance. She wrapped 2008, 2010, and 2012 as the top female country touring artist.

Since releasing her debut album in 2005, Carrie has sold over 15 million albums and placed 17 #1 singles on the charts. Her current album, Blown Away, made history by debuting at #1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums Chart, making Carrie only the second country artist in the 47-year history of the chart to have each of their first four albums debut at #1. The now Platinum-selling Blown Away album also debuted at #1 on the all-genre Billboard 200 chart, making Carrie only the second country artist in history to have three consecutive albums debut at #1. She is a six-time GRAMMY® winner, a two-time Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year, a three-time Country Music Association and ACM Female Vocalist winner, and a proud member of the Grand Ole Opry.

FORT Fogey

That is a beautiful picture of Carrie, probably because she has such a fresh-faced beauty. However, you know that in the setting, Maria has been in a convent training much to the Head Sister's consternation unsuccessfully to be a nun(!!), and she comes right out of the convent to the Trapp Family to keep the children in the Austrian hills with the Nazi military building up, etc.
    As darling as Carrie is, they are going to have to do something to make her look a little more ......plain because Maria ....was! Maria was not ugly. She was very lively and fun. She loved to sing, play games, and she loved life, but she wasn't really pretty.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

There is a video of her singing the title song ... and she nails it.

No other casting announced, but Josh Groban or Chris Mann come to mind for Captain Von Trapp.

I think they can make her look sort of plain ... or maybe just less beautiful ... perhaps by taking away the blond hair?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I will definitely be in the minority here and will no doubt be blown out of FORT, but here goes...

I like Carrie Underwood just fine. She is definitely beeyoooteeful and is talented, for sure. But the thought of this remake makes me ill.
    A play on Broadway? Sure, that'd be one thing. But this? No. Please, no.
    NCLurker and Fanny Mare like this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    I will definitely be in the minority here and will no doubt be blown out of FORT, but here goes...

I like Carrie Underwood just fine. She is definitely beeyoooteeful and is talented, for sure. But the thought of this remake makes me ill.
    A play on Broadway? Sure, that'd be one thing. But this? No. Please, no.
    They are remaking the play, not the movie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    There is a video of her singing the title song ... and she nails it.

No other casting announced, but Josh Groban or Chris Mann come to mind for Captain Von Trapp.

I think they can make her look sort of plain ... or maybe just less beautiful ... perhaps by taking away the blond hair?
    They put Julie Andrew in the plainest pixie haircut and minimal make-up possible. That coupled with the plain clothes still didn't make Julie Andrews look really plain. When you aren't plain, you just aren't plain!
    I suspect Carrie is going to be at least cute no matter what they try to do to tone down her natural beauty.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    They are remaking the play, not the movie.
    Huh? Whaaa...?

So, you're saying this is an ad for a play? Looks like it's a movie that's going to be on TV to me.
    And if it's on TV, it's not a play on Broadway.
    Unless I'm missing your point -- ?
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    Huh? Whaaa...?

So, you're saying this is an ad for a play? Looks like it's a movie that's going to be on TV to me.
    And if it's on TV, it's not a play on Broadway.
    Unless I'm missing your point -- ?
    No they are reproducing the Broadway play in a live 3 hr. production on NBC this December

There is la lot of information out there about this project. razorbacker is correct, it is a LIVE television broadcast airing in December ... early December I think, on NBC.

I must admit that I am puzzled as to why they are doing this and how Carrie was selected for the lead. I just would have expected someone like Kaherine Jenkins in that role ... but as said, Carrie nails the title song. It's odd because I was expecting that Julie Andrews "The hills are alive ..." etc. sound ... and of course, Carrie's tone is quite different. Do take a moment to look/listen to the video.

razorbacker ... is there any info regarding how they cast Carrie in the lead? One article I read mentioned someone involved with Smash ... is involved with this ... and that frightens me in a way.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread