+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Ya'll remember Bonnie Tyler? She has a new album out on which she not only covers Carrie's hit Flat On The Floor, but she also recorded another song that Carrie wrote called Lord Help Me. She seems to have a growing influence as a writer & performer.

Carrie has just donated $1 million from her tour proceeds to the Red Cross to help out with the tornado relief efforts in Ok. And that doesn't count the proceeds from her Atlantic City show which she gave back to the city for Hurricane Sandy relief.

Last night was the last show on the tour. 105 shows strong, 98% tickets sold, over $50 million in ticket sales. Pretty powerful stuff. Now, it's tiome to get rehearsing for Sound Of Music.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Carrie has just donated $1 million from her tour proceeds to the Red Cross to help out with the tornado relief efforts in Ok. And that doesn't count the proceeds from her Atlantic City show which she gave back to the city for Hurricane Sandy relief.

Last night was the last show on the tour. 105 shows strong, 98% tickets sold, over $50 million in ticket sales. Pretty powerful stuff. Now, it's tiome to get rehearsing for Sound Of Music.
    I was going to ask if she was making a donation. A million dollars is great .... but too bad it's not 10% of the 50 million. Maybe she could do just a concert for Carrie's Okie's ? note: This is not a criticism of Carrie .

ETA: Maybe Carrie's fans could be asked to donate $1 to Carrie's home state.
    Last edited by echo226; 05-24-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I was going to ask if she was making a donation. A million dollars is great .... but too bad it's not 10% of the 50 million. Maybe she could do just a concert for Carrie's Okie's ? note: This is not a criticism of Carrie .

ETA: Maybe Carrie's fans could be asked to donate $1 to Carrie's home state.
    Keep in mind though that that $50 million was tickets sales. Not what Carrie got from the tour. That $50 million has to pay the venues, the roadies, the promotion all the transportation between venues, the insurance, her band, the back up acts etc. etc. So 10% of the $50 million could in effect be 25% of her take.

OK guys...HOT OFF THE PRESSES. Carrie is performing with The Stones tonight in Toronto! She just tweeted out confirmation that this is indeed happening.

I was talking with an ardent Stones fan who can't afford a ticket to their concert series this year. He says the fans are calling it the celebrity tour as they are the only ones who can afford $600 tickets.

Anyway, wow for Carrie, that is an honor.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The sound isn't mixed on her mic very well, but here is Carrie with the Stones the other night. Looks like she's having a good time.

Rolling Stones It's Only Rock N Roll - ACC May 25th 2013 - YouTube

By the way, this was the 8th anniversary of the night she won Idol. Pretty nice anniversary present I must say.
    Last edited by razorbacker; 05-27-2013 at 08:43 AM.

I couldn't hear her very well, she certainly had fun!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The Nashville Predators (Mike's Team) had a private party last night to say thanks to the people that bought sky boxes & season tickets & Carrie was the entertainment.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    The Nashville Predators (Mike's Team) had a private party last night to say thanks to the people that bought sky boxes & season tickets & Carrie was the entertainment.

Can you say proud of his wife?!!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

+ Reply to Thread