+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

It seems no one around here cares about this Sunday Night Football announcement, but the thing has gotten worldwide coverage & has been trending all night long. It is a big gig for Carrie & one that will allow her to be seen by upwards of 20 million viewers every week. Not to mention that NBC will be able to pimp the upcoming Sound Of Music special. According to many sources, Carrie was asked to do the song a few years back but her schedule didn't work out & she was the only person considered this time around.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    It seems no one around here cares about this Sunday Night Football announcement, but the thing has gotten worldwide coverage & has been trending all night long. It is a big gig for Carrie & one that will allow her to be seen by upwards of 20 million viewers every week. Not to mention that NBC will be able to pimp the upcoming Sound Of Music special. According to many sources, Carrie was asked to do the song a few years back but her schedule didn't work out & she was the only person considered this time around.
    Two things stand out to me:

1. I think the fact that she was the first and only person they considered is significant and says it all.

2. This one is not an important statement at all. The first insignificant thought that ran through my head was, "How ironic! Her husband is in the Pro Hockey field, and she gets the Pro Football gig."

ETA: Although I primarily watch college football, I do watch some Pro Football, so I will be seeing her, and I will be looking forward to it.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

razorbacker ... it's not that I don't care, it's that I don't know exactly what it is.

Most true sports fans I know tune in for the game. Others may tune in to hear who is singing the National Anthem

As for me, I am most affected by sports that go into overtime and mess up my viewing or DVR scheduling.

I do understand your excitement for Carrie. She is a beautiful girl with outstanding talent and a lovely personality and you are a super fan.
    I promise I will tune in at least a couple of times to hear/see her!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Remember a couple of weeks back when Carrie let her feelings be known about th Ag/Gag bill that the Tennessee legislature had passed? Well the Governor just vetoed it!

FORT Fanatic

Remember a couple of weeks back when Carrie let her feelings be known about th Ag/Gag bill that the Tennessee legislature had passed? Well the Governor just vetoed it!
    Great news!!

Mohandas Gandhi

woo hoo!!
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

She has a photo shoot in MARIE CLAIRE coming out very shortly and she is gorgeous.....I always thought of her as the girl next door, but she is model-like in this shoot

She also made a short statement yesterday on DWTS as part of Kellie's background package ... and she wants Kellie to win.

I hope her opinion works on America like it did on the Governor! .

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    She has a photo shoot in MARIE CLAIRE coming out very shortly and she is gorgeous.....I always thought of her as the girl next door, but she is model-like in this shoot
    I looked at those and honestly .... I don't like the cover photo. Carrie is facially much prettier than that picture.

BUT... although I am not crazy about the pose .... she looks fantastic in the one wearing the rose colored silk bodysuit/bathing suit.

Isn't MARIE CLAIRE more about show casing the clothes more than the person wearing them?

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread