+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4637178[B
    ]She didn't mention that discreetly. It was an interview in a magazine.[/B] And quite honestly, she & Taylor have never been close. Taylor was close with Kellie Pickler while they toured together, but that soon cooled as well.
    I know it was a print interview ... but I think handling it by leaving it at them not "being close" was discreetly well handled.

She didn't engage with the interviewer on the snubbing in favor of Taylor ... at least not that I'm aware of and distances herself from the matter in what she said and what was printed.

Discreet.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

and classy.....as is Carrie in generasl

I know most people on here don't follow Carrie the way I do, but I'm sure most of you know of her love of & support for animals. Well, there are a few states that are trying to push through new regulations that basically make it a crime for anyone to report animal abuse. Tennessee has just passed one such law.

The bill requires anyone observing abuse of livestock to turn over all photographs and video, unedited, to a law enforcement agency within 48 hours or the next business day, if the 48 hours runs over a weekend or holiday period. Those who do not turn in their pictures or video are subject to a misdemeanor criminal violation, punishable by a fine of up to $500.

The only thing this is going to accomplish is to let off those people that have a continuing history of animal abuse to continue their practices.

Some of the major news organizations are taking on this issue as a 1st amendment issue.

Anyway, Carrie tweeted the Governor begging him to veto the bill & show some compassion or he would be seeing her on his doorstep.

Meanwhile one of the co - sponsors of the bill, Republican State Representative Andy Holt, tweeted out this heart warming message:

“I would say that Carrie Underwood will stick to singing, I’ll stick to lawmaking,” Holt said.

So, he is basically saying shut up, you know nothing. I make the laws....to which Carrie replied:

I should stick to singing? Wow...sorry, I'm just a tax paying citizen concerned for the safety of my family. #NoAgGag Carrie Underwood appeals to Haslam to veto animal abuse bill - WSMV Channel 4

I'll just say this, Wynonna has offered to join in with Carrie on the trip to see the Governor. Other celebrities are asking what they can do to help & Congressman Holt has come out looking like an ass.

So, the moral of the story is, once you are elected, you are the supreme being & everyone else should just shut up & take whatever you throw at them!

I must say, I am proud of her for taking this stand. There is a similar bill up for adoption here in Arkansas & it too looks to pass, but the fight is on.

I'm very proud of Carrie for taking a stand on this important issue, and I hope she gets a ton of support on her trip to see the governor. I'm very dismayed to see this country slipping back into the dark ages.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I'm very proud of Carrie for taking a stand on this important issue, and I hope she gets a ton of support on her trip to see the governor. I'm very dismayed to see this country slipping back into the dark ages.
    Speaking of going to the dark ages. Here in Arkansas we turned to a Republican majority for the first time since the Civil War. Since the first of the year they have passed 2 separate anti abortion ban bills, cut funding for Planned Parenthood, require picture Id's to vote, voted in the right to carry guns in church & schools & cut taxes for higher earners in the form of lowering Capital Gains rates & have switched the cost of getting GED's to those that are applying instead of the state paying as has been the case. Everything that was basically voted down across the nation in the last election has now been voted in in this state. The Koch brothers are funding most of this & there seems to be no stopping them.

And we had a State Representative get himself into hot water on twitter last week when he tweeted something to the effect " I wonder how many of those lefty liberals in Boston now wish they had a hand gun on them." When he started to get lambasted from across the country, he apologized....not for the message but for the bad timing.

It has gotten so bad here that our only Democratic Senator is now voting a straight Republican ticket, even voting against the latest Gun bill.

Sorry, for my rant, but politicians get my blood to boiling, just like the idiot that told Carrie to shut up & sing & he would make the laws. These arrogant SOB"s all need to be run out of town on a rail.

By the way, here is a bit of an explanation about what this bill is all about & why the supporters got behind it. Can you say MONEY!

OPINION: Jack McElroy: Bill sneers at the First Amendment | materials - Equities.com
    Last edited by razorbacker; 04-21-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Thanks for that info. From how I read it, the bill is attempting to aid the defense of coroporations who may be abusing animals. This fake law that requires one to turn over the proof of the abuse, is just trying to help out the abusers. It would ensure that undercover investigators of animal abuse expose themselves and ruin their undercover status. Good for Carrie to speak her mind. Speaking your mind as a country artist can be risky. Ask the Dixie Chicks.

I'm not sure how this happened, but our state, NC, is going to hell in a handbasket too at the hands of a Republican senate. It's like we're going backwards thirty years or more. Everyday they do something crazier than the day before. I guess we are getting the govenment we asked for. The innocent have to suffer just like the those who voted them in, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Thanks for that info. From how I read it, the bill is attempting to aid the defense of coroporations who may be abusing animals. This fake law that requires one to turn over the proof of the abuse, is just trying to help out the abusers. It would ensure that undercover investigators of animal abuse expose themselves and ruin their undercover status. Good for Carrie to speak her mind. Speaking your mind as a country artist can be risky. Ask the Dixie Chicks.

I'm not sure how this happened, but our state, NC, is going to hell in a handbasket too at the hands of a Republican senate. It's like we're going backwards thirty years or more. Everyday they do something crazier than the day before. I guess we are getting the govenment we asked for. The innocent have to suffer just like the those who voted them in, unfortunately.
    No doubt this is getting too far afield and probably is more approrpiate for another forum, but as a fellow NC'er - anyone who thought they could vote in an all Republican government and not get this garbage hasn't been paying attention to what is going on in the country as a whole. They (Republicans) have a very scary and depressing agenda and are very aggressive at pushing it through.

To keep in on topic, this might be a little more low key than the Dixie Chick thing, but I sincerely hope it doesn't cause a backlash against Carrie. Some people think the free speech amendment only applies if it's something they want to hear. We need more high profile people willing to take a stand when they see something wrong, and I'm 100% in Carrie's corner.
    Debb70 likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Just a bit of an update on Carrie vs. the Tennessee Representative Holt on the AG/Gag bill. There are a lot of news wires picking up on the story now & some of them are looking pretty deeply into the background of this guy. I wanted to post this link so that you could read a bit about who he really is & where is point of view is coming from. But mostly I want you to pay attention to the email he wrote to the lady from the Humane Society comparing their work to rape & human trafficking. Pretty incredible stuff. This idiot had no idea what he would start when he decided to tell Carrie to shut up & sing!

Shady GOP TN Lawmaker Sponsors Ag Gag Bill After Taking Gifts from Farm Bureau

It has just been announced that Carrie will be singing the opening theme song for Sunday Night Football as she replaces Faith Hill! Nice gig for her.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Tuesday, May 7th, 2013

CARRIE UNDERWOOD TO PERFORM “SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL” OPENING THEME ON NBC

Grammy Award-Winning Artist Records “Sunday Night Football” Opening Theme “Waiting All Day for Sunday Night”

NEW YORK – May 7, 2013 – NBC selected six-time Grammy Award-winner and multi-platinum recording artist, Carrie Underwood, to perform “Waiting All Day for Sunday Night,” the opening theme for primetime television’s No. 1 program, Sunday Night Football on NBC. Country music superstar Underwood, the season-four winner of American Idol, makes her Sunday Night Football debut on Sunday, September 8 on NBC’s first SNF broadcast of the 2013 NFL season, a heated NFC East rivalry game when Dallas Cowboys host the New York Giants. The opening theme will continue each week kicking off Sunday Night Football every Sunday night throughout the NFL season on NBC.

“I am thrilled to be a part of NBC’s Sunday Night Football and am so honored they asked me,” said Underwood. “I have always loved football season, and it is so exciting to now become part of it every Sunday night!”

Since winning American Idol and releasing her debut album in 2005, Underwood has sold over 15 million albums, and placed 17 No. 1 singles on the charts. Her recent album, Blown Away, made history by debuting at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums Chart, making Underwood only the second country artist in the 47-year history of the chart to have each of their first four albums debut at No. 1.

“Carrie Underwood was our first and only choice to perform the Sunday Night Football opening,” said SNF producer Fred Gaudelli. “She’s one of America’s most popular entertainers and the perfect fit for our show.”

The now platinum-selling Blown Away album also debuted at No. 1 on the all-genre Billboard 200 chart, making Underwood only the second country artist in history to have three consecutive albums debut at No. 1. She is a six-time Grammy winner, a two-time Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year, a three-time Country Music Association and ACM Female Vocalist winner, and a proud member of the Grand Ole Opry.

“Waiting All Day for Sunday Night” is set to the original Joan Jett song, “I Hate Myself for Loving You” and marks Underwood’s first production with NBC Sports. From 2007-2012, the song was performed by music superstar Faith Hill and in 2006, the inaugural season of Sunday Night Football, Pink performed the open.

Underwood is currently headlining and selling out arenas across North America on her “Blown Away Tour.” The tour, which launched last June, has played in the United States, Canada, the U.K., Ireland, and Australia, and will perform a total of 112 dates by the time is wraps on May 23 in Abbotsford, BC, Canada.

Sunday Night Football, which averaged 21.8 million viewers in the 2012 season, is primetime television’s No. 1 program.

For more information about NBC Sports Group shows and properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios and headshots, please visit NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.
    –NBC SPORTS GROUP–

nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2013/05/07/carrie-underwood-to-perform-sunday-night-football-opening-theme-on-nbc/

+ Reply to Thread