+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

I've heard that Carrie caused a great increase in ratings for AI. She'll be back soon? How do we know the increase wasn't due to Scotty's appearance? lol
    angelic_one2002 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I've heard that Carrie caused a great increase in ratings for AI. She'll be back soon? How do we know the increase wasn't due to Scotty's appearance? lol
    Carrie increases ratings every time she appears on TV, no matter what the show is. There are no rumors of her coming back this season & I would think that if she did, it would be for the finale. By the way, her appearances on Idol & The ACM Awards also were responsible for a big increase in her sales this week.

Here is just a bit more evidence of the things celebrities have to go through every time they are seen in public..

Carrie Underwood - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Here is just a bit more evidence of the things celebrities have to go through every time they are seen in public..

It's nice of her to take the time to be personable. I do think it's a trade off. People with her success get a lot financially. IMO, it comes with the job. When a singer stops getting stopped and asked to sign or pose, there is a problem.

Still, I thought that Carrie's performance on AI last week, was lackluster. And so was Scotty's. It's really odd and inexcusable, IMO.

I just have to post this paparazzi moment because it is so humorous. During this tour Carrie had to miss a couple of dates due to illness. Anyway, here she is leaving the Dr.'s office, after hours with her security people. Listen as the photogs try valiantly to get her attention....

cubsfan55 likes this.

It makes you wonder how all of those guys knew she would be at the doctor's appointment and which door she would exit. Hmmm.....
    I would freak out wondering if one of those people were not really a media person, but a crazed stalker. That would drive me nuts.

I bet she doesn't get that treatment when she's at home. Doesn't she live in TN?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It makes you wonder how all of those guys knew she would be at the doctor's appointment and which door she would exit. Hmmm.....
    I would freak out wondering if one of those people were not really a media person, but a crazed stalker. That would drive me nuts.

I bet she doesn't get that treatment when she's at home. Doesn't she live in TN?
    They didn't know she was going to be there, they didn't even know who she was. They started off calling her Jessica then Britney then finally oh yeah, Carrie. I suspect they saw some sort of limo type of vehicle with blacked out windows & waited to see who got in it.

And yes, she does live in Nashville & there have been people that have taken cell phone photos of her on the down low while she was grocery shopping all by herself. But, they don't seem to mess with her.

Poor, poor 45-Millonairy-Carrie

I am sure if she wanted to, she could ask the Doc to make a house call. She seems pretty weicoming and available to fans most of the time.

The only "off" thing I ever read was what I mentioned before ... that she discreetly said she and Taylor weren't "close". That was in response to being asked in a back handed way if Taylor Swift was sort of pushing her out of the picture ... in other words was Carrie being snubbed and had the Carrie love become Taylor love. She handled it well but there was a slightly disgruntled (?) undertone.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

She didn't mention that discreetly. It was an interview in a magazine. And quite honestly, she & Taylor have never been close. Taylor was close with Kellie Pickler while they toured together, but that soon cooled as well.

I forgot to mention yesterday that Cowboy Cassanova was certified as Double Platinum.

+ Reply to Thread