+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Blown Away, the single, the GRAMMY Award winning single, a song apparently so bad & so simple that anyone can sing it, has just been certified as 2X Platinum.

To the Point

I do feel that, for whatever reason, Carrie seems to be getting "snubbed". It is beyond obvious that she has a legion of fans and has done a heck of a job in concert based on all her sold out shows.

I wish I did like the current music that Carrie puts out. Of course, she's doing fine without my little support. lol As I said, I think it's a matter of taste. It's just not for me.

Every now and then I watch that performance of Carrie with Randy Travis on American Idol. I shouldn't because it still gives me a little eye leak.

To me ... that is Carrie Underwood!
    Debb70 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    Razor - I'm not saying I don't think the songs or CD are bad, just not my favorites from her. I do like other songs on the CD, although their names escape me because my kids seem to have "borrowed" it from me, yet no one seems to know where it is!

Heck I still listen to her "How great thou art" at least one a week! I totally think she was snubbed for Entertainer of the Year and should have won Female Vocalist.
    At least it was Miranda and not Taylor Swift who won the vocalist..
    That performance is nearing 18,000,000 views on youtube. It was a truly astounding vocal & moment for her & Vince.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    That performance is nearing 18,000,000 views on youtube. It was a truly astounding vocal & moment for her & Vince.
    Absolutely ... but I still really like the Randy/Carrie "I told you so" as much. I also just went and watched a compilation of Simon's predictions and comments regarding Carrie. Wow ! And to think I thought Bo was going to win!

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Absolutely ... but I still really like the Randy/Carrie "I told you so" as much. I also just went and watched a compilation of Simon's predictions and comments regarding Carrie. Wow ! And to think I thought Bo was going to win!
    I don't know if you were around these parts during Season 4, but you would have fit right in. Not only were most folks rooting for Bo, but most of them knew for sure he would win. I was sort of out on a ledge alone. It just seemed so obvious to me from the first time Carrie opened her mouth that we were looking at the next big thing (I even hinted at her becoming a multi media princess) & I am still surprised that so many missed it. In fact there were more than a few that called her the worst winner ever with the biggest chance to flop. The whole lack of stage presence thing absolutely evades me, I never got that & frankly I still don't when it is mentioned with these kids year after year. Open your mouth & sing & the rest will take care of itself.

I don't know if you were around these parts during Season 4, but you would have fit right in. Not only were most folks rooting for Bo, but most of them knew for sure he would win. I was sort of out on a ledge alone. It just seemed so obvious to me from the first time Carrie opened her mouth that we were looking at the next big thing (I even hinted at her becoming a multi media princess) & I am still surprised that so many missed it. In fact there were more than a few that called her the worst winner ever with the biggest chance to flop. The whole lack of stage presence thing absolutely evades me, I never got that & frankly I still don't when it is mentioned with these kids year after year. Open your mouth & sing & the rest will take care of itself.
    Not here but in other parts where the fight was for Bo to win! One thing that Simon said was about "likability" being a big factor with Carrie.

This season the two most "likable" are Janelle & Kree but that likeability seems to be the country "mo". Even the judge who is the most country is the one we "like" most.

Mohandas Gandhi

I have watched AI since Season 2 (missed the 1st season and not watching this season), and in all those seasons there were only two artists that I stayed up for the entire 4 hour window of voting on the last night before the winner was announced, and one of those was Carrie Underwood. I wasn't part of this site or any site for that matter, but you were not alone in your way of thinking because I saw what you saw and voted for her each and every week for the normal 2 hours of voting. You have to be very, very good imo for me to vote for 4 straight hours and Carrie Underwood had it as far as I was concerned. I am glad in a way that I was not part of any site because I would have been very discouraged to hear that she was the worst winner ever with the biggest chance to flop. I just knew that would never happen. Major props to you for sticking by her then and of course now. Even though I don't post in here often I do read and know you keep us updated with all the news about Carrie. I loved her then and I still love her now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    It's funny, I think I could have written this post. I love Carrie, and all of the CD's... but I just can't into Blown Away and the Cadillacs song. And even that new one she did on AI. I think there are better songs I like on the Blown Away CD... just not those .
    I actually love both those songs. Whenever I hear them (or even see the title like now) they get stuck in my head and I can't get them out. I didn't care for the one she did on Idol, but maybe if I hear it a few times it will grow on me.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread