Closed Thread
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Another confusing moment had to have been last night. Or at least surprising.

The Nashville Predators were playing the Blackhawks at the United Center in Chicago. She looked beautiful on camera and all, but her husband wasn't even playing (hand injury).
    I thought it was great she was there, but I admit to being surprised that she was out in a very public venue when there was no chance of him being on the ice.
    So -- good for her!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

I have the greatest admiration for Carrie. She's tops in the female vocalist category for sure and I don't appreciate her being snubbed as Entertainer of the year either, however, for some reason most of her recent songs don't do a thing for me. I was very underwhelmed by Blown Away and this Two Cadilacs song is barely average, IMO. I know they are hit songs, but I don't get it. IMO, she could be doing so much better. I guess it's a matter of taste and I'm not liking her recent material.

Her performance on AI last week was also so average, IMO. The only reason I kept watching was because of who she is. It was not entertaining, IMO. She's certainly the best country vocalist out there. I would like to hear her do songs that showcase her voice.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have the greatest admiration for Carrie. She's tops in the female vocalist category for sure and I don't appreciate her being snubbed as Entertainer of the year either, however, for some reason most of her recent songs don't do a thing for me. I was very underwhelmed by Blown Away and this Two Cadilacs song is barely average, IMO. I know they are hit songs, but I don't get it. IMO, she could be doing so much better. I guess it's a matter of taste and I'm not liking her recent material.

Her performance on AI last week was also so average, IMO. The only reason I kept watching was because of who she is. It was not entertaining, IMO. She's certainly the best country vocalist out there. I would like to hear her do songs that showcase her voice.
    It's funny, I think I could have written this post. I love Carrie, and all of the CD's... but I just can't into Blown Away and the Cadillacs song. And even that new one she did on AI. I think there are better songs I like on the Blown Away CD... just not those .

How interesting. I actually like those songs! Shall I run and hide

Most folks in the Country music industry are in agreement that Carrie is doing the best work she has ever done with this album. And for the industry to cintinue to snub her for Miranda Lambert is beyond understanding. Even Miranda has been saying since last night that Carrie should have won Female vocalist. Blown Away & Two Black Cadillacs are pretty incredible songs.

It's a matter of taste I supppose. Her songs do well. She stays in the top 10 on the CMT Country coundown week after week. I just don't get it. I don't understand why someone with a voice like hers doesn't put out mindblowing songs that leave you shaking your head and saying "THAT's CARRIE! It's GREAT!" But, instead, I just listen and stare in disbelief. I could sing those songs. They require no real musical talent.

I have chalked it up to her wanting a different reputation. She wants to be current, trendy and new age and not a powehouse singer. I don't get it, but it's her decision. I hope she goes into a new phase soon and back to showing off her talent.

I'm also a huge Jennifer Nettles fan. I love to see her really show her range. I never liked Stuck On You, but I know people who loved it. I guess it takes all kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It's a matter of taste I supppose. Her songs do well. She stays in the top 10 on the CMT Country coundown week after week. I just don't get it. I don't understand why someone with a voice like hers doesn't put out mindblowing songs that leave you shaking your head and saying "THAT's CARRIE! It's GREAT!" But, instead, I just listen and stare in disbelief. I could sing those songs. They require no real musical talent.

I have chalked it up to her wanting a different reputation. She wants to be current, trendy and new age and not a powehouse singer. I don't get it, but it's her decision. I hope she goes into a new phase soon and back to showing off her talent.

I'm also a huge Jennifer Nettles fan. I love to see her really show her range. I never liked Stuck On You, but I know people who loved it. I guess it takes all kinds.
    All righty then.

FORT Fanatic

Razor - I'm not saying I don't think the songs or CD are bad, just not my favorites from her. I do like other songs on the CD, although their names escape me because my kids seem to have "borrowed" it from me, yet no one seems to know where it is!

Heck I still listen to her "How great thou art" at least one a week! I totally think she was snubbed for Entertainer of the Year and should have won Female Vocalist.
    At least it was Miranda and not Taylor Swift who won the vocalist..

FORT Fanatic

JustCuz - No need to hide... I don't hate the songs, just not my favorites from her! My 9 year old loves Blown Away... although he loves anything Carrie does, LOL

I so agree with at least it wasn't Taylor Swift this year. IMO I never cared for her music and couldn't understand why she was winning everything. She writes like crazy and it's usually about the latest guy she has dated and the breakup. I find her voice to be very monotone, but know lots of people who love her. I agree with Debb70 when she said it takes all kinds. Also, I absolutely love Jennifer Nettles and Carrie Underwood, but don't love all their songs the same. I think that is true of all the artists (whether they are country or another genre). I could list many other country artists that I have loved through the years, yet don't love every single song put out by them, but won't here because this is about Carrie. One of Carrie's songs that I could listen to over and over is "Jesus Take The Wheel."

I have loved country music for many, many years and I find that it goes in waves. Using Taylor as an example it was like she had her turn and now it's Miranda Lambert's turn. It doesn't mean that the others are not talented or popular anymore, (Razor you know that just by the amount of sold out concerts Carrie has), but just the awards part tends to change. I don't know why that is, but just have seen it happen many times. It also doesn't mean that Carrie will not win again, because her next album may be the one to make her back on top in the awards area and she may be hauling away the trophies again. jmho

Closed Thread