+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 425 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    I don't hate her because of Simon's comments. I hated her from the beginning -- plain and simple! I am not a country fan and she reminds me too much of Diana DeGarmo. Anyways, she is my biggest competitior at this point. I don't want to see her win, but I think she will. That is too bad, because there are a lot of other performers that are 100x better than Carrie!
    How does she remind you of Diana DeGarmo? That's one that I can't see. They don't look alike, they don't sound alike, there is no comparison. Carrie has the best voice in the competition. Diana's voice is no comparison. Diana's performance were more outgoing. Carrie's more subdued. I just don't get the comparison. And, to simple hate someone because they sing country? I don't get that either. I don't like rap, but I can't say that I hate the rappers. I just don't like what they perform.

FORT Fogey
    Methinks Carrie will be the first Idol contestant to win a Grammy.

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah
    Methinks Carrie will be the first Idol contestant to win a Grammy.
    Methinks it is unlikely that any AI contestant will ever win a Grammy. Mainly because, after being stuck with the "game show contestant" label, it will be almost impossible for any of them to establish a credible reputation for having artistic integrity.

FORT Fogey
    AlMOST impossible, but NOT impossible.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Nobody is saying she has no personality offstage. I guess nerves could account for some of her robotic qualities onstage, but the other contestants also must deal with nerves. I suspect Carrie has been coasting on the tone of her beautiful voice for years. Just sounding pretty has probably gotten her lots of applause back in Oklahoma. Now, in the big leagues, she needs to develop more nuance, emotional shading.
    Pillbeam, I think that you are spot on with your assessments. I completely agree.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jasminefan
    I find Carrie endearing rather than cold and lifeless like many people claimed. And it doesn't hurt that she is technically the best singer in the competition. With that said I am so hoping for a Carrie and Connie final 2!!
    I love your aviator, and I totally agree with you. Wow wouldn't that be great country vs. rock for the finale? Unlike the BORING finale last year.

Go Carrie (and eye candy Connie)...

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    With training, Carrie could even surpass Kelly Clarkson. Right now, she's pretty raw, but she has that voice. I don't think she's cold and lifeless, she just doesn't put herself into each song the way many professionals do. Training can give her that.

Whoever did that arrangement of Love is a Battlefield should be shot and left for dead on a battlefield.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Warhol
    Methinks it is unlikely that any AI contestant will ever win a Grammy. Mainly because, after being stuck with the "game show contestant" label, it will be almost impossible for any of them to establish a credible reputation for having artistic integrity.
    I thought Ruben won an award though, for his CD.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fan
    Carrie looked a little like Avil Lavinge tonight. See any resemblance?

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Sort of. I think it was the hair.

+ Reply to Thread