+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 429 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Vocally, she's my favorite; I just don't think she's a "star."
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by sher
    i think simon likes her because she has a good voice and her look is very marketable. this season he seemed to have put through a group of 24 who are a lot more marketable (as a whole... i'm not focusing on that big serial killer looking guy) than in the past 2 seasons.
    True, very true. And unfortunately for guys who are ( how shall I put it ) on the "not so hot" side I Won't name names here, because of the teeny bopper factor, and the loads of talent we have this season, your voice will only get you so far. Carrie is fortunate in that she ain't bad looking. As I said, looking like Reese Witherspoon of Sweet Home Alabama or Legally Blonde is a plus.

I love Carrie She seems really sweet and down-to-earth... Like her spelling of "mommie" also
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBunny
    Vocally, she's my favorite; I just don't think she's a "star."
    I agree with the first part of your statement. I really like her vocals & I will be surprised if she isn't able to sing all the genres thrown at her. I disagree with the second part because I think she has the most cross over appeal of anyone in the competition. If you saw the looks on the judges faces after her first audition you could tell they were truly stunned with her voice. Besides, if you really pay attention to country music today, it is not so much the straight forward country twang of the past and in my opinion it is more of a throw back to some of the 60's & 70's country rock. I believe she will be a star, she has the look & the marketibility whether she wins this competition or not.

Carrie Underwood.....well i think this girl has talent but i think this is right for her maybe that Nashville Star thing! but i loved her Audition when she sang " I Can't Make You Love Me" she blew me away on that song. But when she sang " Young Hearts, Run Free" i thought it was okay.

she's my female bet unless one of the unknowns suprises me

I have a feeling that her nerves and lack of stage presence may be the death of her. But I think everyone is over-analyzing the contestants. I mean, we haven't even seen her perform a whole song with accompaniement. I am going to wait until they perform this week to fully judge everyone.
    Latoya London all the way!!!

Jennifer Hudson... you were robbed. I will miss you.

I like Carrie, she is one of my favorite females so far.
    I like the "country" sound she has, she would have been great on Nashville Star also.

She's just good to me. Nothing special
    I Love Constantine! Vote For Him*
    ------------ -------------

Ugh! I can't stand the fact that Simon likes her so much. Luckily he likes Lindsey as well and the voters will put her in the top 12 as well as Carrie.

+ Reply to Thread