+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

A few shots from opening night of the Blown Away Tour.

The stage looks awesome. Lot’s of effects.

And she flies above the crowd.

Rockin to Sweet Emotion!

The encore & the set for Blown Away!

Complete Setlist:

1) Good Girl
    2) Undo It
    3) Wasted
    4) I Told You So
    5) Two Black Cadillacs
    6) Last Name
    7) All-American Girl
    8) Temporary Home
    9) Intro from Just As I Am - Jesus Take The Wheel
    10) Cowboy Casanova
    11) Get Out Of This Town
    12) Nobody Ever Told You
    13) Thank God For Hometowns
    14) Crazy Dreams
    15) Do You Think About Me
    16) One Way Ticket
    17) Leave Love Alone (with Hunter)
    18) Sweet Emotion (Aerosmith Cover)
    19) Remind Me
    20) Cupid's Got A Shotgun
    21) Before He Cheats.
    22) I Know You Won't
    23) Blown Away

How fierce is this?

The tour has been going for 3 nights now & the reviews are looking like this....If you have never seen Carrie sing Live you should do yourself a favor & try to see this tour.

From Country Aircheck: Carrie Tour: Blown Away (WTHT Portland, ME Host Review)

https://t.co/C4AhqHJi

September 17, 2012

Carrie Tour: Blown Away
    If Carrie Underwood’s goal was to leave fans blown away,
    WTHT/Portland, ME APD/MD/midday host Cory Garrison tells
    Country Aircheck she delivered.
    Garrison made the two-hour trip to
    Manchester, NH to see the Blown
    Away Tour opener, and he urges
    programmers to roll out the red carpet
    when it comes to their town.
    “Carrie’s always been great, but
    now she’s in a league of her own,” he
    says. “It was more than a show, it was
    an experience.” Garrison points to an
    “amped-up” energy, multiple wardrobe changes and special effects,
    and a floating platform that had her hovering high above the audience
    at one point. Underwood squeezed 23 songs into her set, including a
    cover of Aerosmith’s “Sweet Emotion” and a duet with opener Hunter
    Hayes called “Leave Love Alone.” There was even a duet with a
    holographic Brad Paisley on “Remind Me.”
    “It’s obvious that she’s gained experience and is even more
    connected with her audience,” Garrison says. “It was interesting
    to see the varying demographics in the crowd, too. From young to
    old, they were all there. She’s definitely country’s most powerful
    female voice and I’m not sure there’s anyone that represents
    us like she does. There’s a real value in seeing this show, and it
    shows that the format is stronger than ever.”
    Underwood brings the Blown Away Tour to Providence, RI
    tonight (9/17) and Worcester, MA on Wednesday (9/19).
    –Russ Penuell

Have you seen her in concert? I havent. But my daughters and daughter -in- law said she was amazing!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Have you seen her in concert? I havent. But my daughters and daughter -in- law said she was amazing!
    I have seen Carrie about 20 times now (this includes CMA Music Fest, Fan Club Parties & At the Grand Ol Opry) & I'll be seeing her again in Memphis in December.....& I can honestly say she is the best Live vocalist I have ever seen. And I have been attending concerts for 40 years now.

I have to tell a story on myself. I live in NE Arkansas...so when she first announced her co headlining tour with Keith Urban, the closest they were coming was Shreveport La. Now, to get there from here, I have to travel 2 hrs. South through Little Rock & then a further 4 hrs. to Shreveport. But, it was her 1st & I wasn't going to miss it. So off I went. 1 week later she announced she would be headlining on her own & the tour was going to Little Rock with Josh Turner opening for her. So, hey, Little Rock is just 2 hrs. I'm there. 3 days after the Little Rock Show they announce an extension to the tour & she is coming to Arkansas Sate University with Little Big Town opening for her....that's less than 2 miles from my house. Yep, I went again!!!

Please, if you have an opportunity, go see her.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I have seen Carrie about 20 times now (this includes CMA Music Fest, Fan Club Parties & At the Grand Ol Opry) & I'll be seeing her again in Memphis in December.....& I can honestly say she is the best Live vocalist I have ever seen. And I have been attending concerts for 40 years now.

I have to tell a story on myself. I live in NE Arkansas...so when she first announced her co headlining tour with Keith Urban, the closest they were coming was Shreveport La. Now, to get there from here, I have to travel 2 hrs. South through Little Rock & then a further 4 hrs. to Shreveport. But, it was her 1st & I wasn't going to miss it. So off I went. 1 week later she announced she would be headlining on her own & the tour was going to Little Rock with Josh Turner opening for her. So, hey, Little Rock is just 2 hrs. I'm there. 3 days after the Little Rock Show they announce an extension to the tour & she is coming to Arkansas Sate University with Little Big Town opening for her....that's less than 2 miles from my house. Yep, I went again!!!

Please, if you have an opportunity, go see her.
    I like her, just not enough to see a concert.Although having family that love her, I feel like I have been. I have to say, you are a true fan.So some say they are fans, and really they arent.You are. I enjoy seeing the photos you post, thank you
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I like her, just not enough to see a concert.Although having family that love her, I feel like I have been. I have to say, you are a true fan.So some say they are fans, and really they arent.You are. I enjoy seeing the photos you post, thank you
    I understand those thoughts, but I'll just say, if you did see her you would join your family in appreciating how good she is.

You know, I have often wondered why it is that during the season folks around these parts always get so excited by a contestant, almost to the point of knock down drag out fights with others that don't agree, but at the end of the show, that contestant is totally forgotten when they need it the most. The "fans" don't buy the albums, don't download the singles, don't go to the concerts & in general don't support the person at all. It's sad really.

One thing about Carrie's fan base, WE are there, wherever she is. I know folks that have seen her 60 - 70 times. And still have tickets for upcoming shows. I know one guy that makes the trip from Atlanta every time she appears on the Opry Stage. Her fan club parties alone make it worth following her. When she comes on stage at The Grand Ol Opry ( that's where her parties take place) & sits on a stool with just 3 or four accoustic instruments backing her up & sings like that, it is truly jaw dropping how good she is.

And now, I'll just add one more thing about fans not supporting their favorite. Kris Allen & Sony have parted ways. Another contestant that wasn't supported after he won.

And now, I'll just add one more thing about fans not supporting their favorite. Kris Allen & Sony have parted ways. Another contestant that wasn't supported after he won.
    I think Kris's fans supported him and still do, as I am one. However, for what it's worth, the people who just voted for Kris because they didn't like the alternative option quickly disappeared once they got "their" result.

I am glad Carrie is doing well. I think I would see her if she was paired up with another country singer I like on tour as I am not interested enough in her as an individual to see her.

I always love your posts about her.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I don't want to belabor a point, so I won't post the article, but this is another great review for Carrie & The Blown Away Tour.

Underwood blows the doors off DCU Center - Worcester Telegram & Gazette - telegram.com

Steven Tyler Dishes on the new Aerosmith Album,and Carrie Underwood

On dueting with Carrie Underwood on the new Aerosmith song, "Can't Stop Loving You":
    "I sang the song a little country. One of the guys in the band said, 'You need to re-sing it. You're singing it too country. I said, that's how I wrote it! Marty [Frederiksen, co-writer] and I were just talking about it, you know, if it gets on the radio, it sounds like a country song, 'Why not get one of them thar people to sing on it?' [affecting a country accent]. I called Carrie up because she's a friend of mine. She was in L.A., but she was leaving that next morning and I said, 'Ooh, get over here quick!' The rest is history. She sang on it, and it's perfect. It's one of those moments that just is."

+ Reply to Thread