+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Seems like no one reads here anymore since the show ended. But, I'll keep updating anyway. Carrie won 2 awards last night at the CMT show, Video of the Year for Good Girl & Collaboration with Brad Paisley for Remind Me. And, yes, she still has the best legs inthe business:

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Seems like no one reads here anymore since the show ended. But, I'll keep updating anyway. Carrie won 2 awards last night at the CMT show, Video of the Year for Good Girl & Collaboration with Brad Paisley for Remind Me. And, yes, she still has the best legs inthe business:

Razorbacker... I look forward to your updates! I don't understand how she can where shoes that high... i'd break an ankle!

Carrie rocked LP Field in Nashville last night for CMA Music Fest...God Bless America.

I read your updates razorbacker. Thank you for posting them!
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

I don't know if anyone on here has been following the storm Carrie stirred up a couple of days ago. In an interview with a newspaper in the UK (she is getting ready for her first concert in London) she came out in favor of gay rights & the right to marry. Well, this has absolutely gone viral with almost every news service & internet blog picking up on it. And now the backlash has begun. There are folks out there calling for boycotts of her concerts, asking people to stop supporting & buying her singles & even asking others to burn her albums. It is truly a sad time we live in when folks want to hold the Bible up as their right to hate others, but they just don't or won't see the hypocracy in that.

I saw a side-line about this but didn't open it up to read. WOW! What does this say except that "Christians" will eat their own in order to get their point across. Very sad and very scary. I hope she has beefed up her security.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I don't know if anyone on here has been following the storm Carrie stirred up a couple of days ago. In an interview with a newspaper in the UK (she is getting ready for her first concert in London) she came out in favor of gay rights & the right to marry. Well, this has absolutely gone viral with almost every news service & internet blog picking up on it. And now the backlash has begun. There are folks out there calling for boycotts of her concerts, asking people to stop supporting & buying her singles & even asking others to burn her albums. It is truly a sad time we live in when folks want to hold the Bible up as their right to hate others, but they just don't or won't see the hypocracy in that.
    Well, good for Carrie! But I hope this doesn't turn out to be another debacle like that Dixie Chick thing. I can't understand the ugliness and hatefulness of people who call themselves Christians.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Carrie is in London for the Royal Albert Hall gig on the 21st. She is making the rounds of press interviews etc. Here is a video of her first webchat for anyone that is interested.

Live video webchat with Carrie Underwood

FORT Fan

As a big Carrie fan and a Christian I have to say I'm disappointed. I get that folks won't always agree with me and I may not agree with them but at the end of the day we can shake hands and agree to disagree and still be friends. I just wished she would have stopped at "I support gay marriage" and "we shouldn't judge anybody." When she threw in the tagline that folks shouldn't use their Bible for hate that really disappointed me. Just because I believe differently doesn't mean I hate anyone and to throw all Christians who are anti-gay marriage into the "hating bucket" is doing exactly what she is speaking out against. Sad day. Still, I will not boycott her concerts, records, etc.

I don't want to get into a shouting match with anyone. You have your beliefs, I have mine. I just wanted to share the mindset of someone who is disappointed in her, not because of her support of gay marriage, but in her broad brush branding of the rest of us. Yes, some will act like idiots but not all.

I still love me some Carrie though.
    NCLurker and coltnlasma like this.

Carrie's back up singer tweeted this photo taken from the stage of The Royal Albert Hall in London during sound checks. They should be taking the stage in less than an hour. Good luck to her on her first UK concert.

+ Reply to Thread