+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

So yesterday was the day that Carrie's Fan CLub members got to go to Nashville & listen to her album in the studio with her. Reports coming back is that there were about 20 of them & that Carrie gave them a studio tour, fed them cupcakes & soda & sat right in the room to listen to the album with them. She described all the thoughts behind each song & how the album was made. Afterwards she talked to them one on one, took photos & gave them a copy of the album cover art & autographed it for them. Then she also gave them a certificate for dinner that night at a new Opry BBQ restaurant. And as a capper she gave them tickets to the Opry, & that was the night that Keith Urban was inducted as the newest member. All in all quite the EPIC day.

Oh, by the way, everyone is in agreement with the industry insiders that have heard the album,it is wonderful & like nothing she has ever done before. Can't wait to hear it tomorrow night during the fan club live stream. I'll let you know what I think.

razorbacker I am still learning my way around the FORT and came across Carrie's section. Thank you for providing us with all the great news about Carrie. I loved Carrie since first seeing her perform on AI. I voted for her each week for the full two hours and the last night the entire 4 hours. I own all her music and follow her on FB. She not only is a fantastic singer, but a class act in every way possible. Thank you for all the news about Carrie - lots that I did not know. I have visited Nashville once and got to go to the Opry which was a wonderful experience. I posted on the AI thread in The Voice section about Blake being my favorite judge and that I felt the country world is more like family and embraces artists more so than other genres of music. What Carrie did yesterday for her fans is a perfect example of what I meant. Maybe because I have followed country music more I am more aware with that genre of music and their artists. All I know is that I love Carrie Underwood, her music and the type of person she is.

Carrie has announced her first UK concert date...June 21st at The Royal Albert Hall. Should be a good one, I hope the Brits get out to see her.

Jesus Take The Wheel has just been certified as Double Platinum & So Small as Platinum. Carrie now has 9 singles that have sold Platinum or above.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

OK, I just got a first listen to Carrie new album & I just gotta say this one is absolutely breath taking. It may indeed be her Dark Side Of The Moon or Sgt. Pepper. For anyone that has never bought one of her albums or believed in her, I'd highly suggest this one. I smell multiple honors coming. One week till take off for good!

For anyone that is curious the Itunes store is providing a free stream of Blown Away today. I'd suggest you check it out, causer this album is just incredible.

Looks like the big Promo for Blown Away is beginning in earnest. Carrie has a few TV Appearances in the next couple of weeks:

Monday, 4/30: Good Morning America
    Monday, 4/30: Late Show w/ David Letterman/Live On Letterman
    Tuesday, 5/1: GMA outdoor concert in Times Square/iHeart Radio live streaming performance online
    Thursday, 5/3: American Idol Performance
    Wednesday, 5/9: Ellen DeGeneres Show
    Thursday, 5/10: Jimmy Kimmel Live
    Tuesday, 5/15: Dancing With The Stars
    Sunday, 5/20: Billboard Music Awards

And just 1 other note. She sold out her concert in The Royal Albert Hall in London in 8 hrs. That's pretty special for a Country artist. 8,000 plus seats!
    Jaceegirl likes this.

I see she'll be on AI ... but nothing can top that appearance where she and Randy Travis sang "I Told You So" on AI ... maybe 2009 ?.

I just went and watched/listened to the YouTube video again ... and it still makes me get all teary eyed. One of my all time favorites.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

For anyone that thinks they know Carrie & what she is all about, read this interview; nice stuff!

Carrie Underwood smashes stereotypes, flexes songwriting skills on

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    For anyone that thinks they know Carrie & what she is all about, read this interview; nice stuff!

Carrie Underwood smashes stereotypes, flexes songwriting skills on
    Thank, rb. I enjoyed reading it.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread