+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

This past week has been the annual Country Radio Seminar in Nashville. DJ's & radio programmers go for a week of wining & dining & schmoozing. Carrie's label, Sony, always rents out the General Jackson Steam Wheeler for a dinner cruise & concert. Carrie performs every year but last night she debuted her new single & let the radio folks be the first to hear it. The show was over at 10:pm & as everyone was leaving the boat the label released the single to radio. That is some great promo & a super idea if you ask me. This one SMOKES! Another #1 hit headed her way no doubt in my mind!

After just two days of radio play Carries new single is already at #32 on the Mediabase Charts, Billboard will be out later today. This song has gotten incredible reviews across the spectrum. Even folks who have not been so kind to her or her music in the past are raving over this one. Give it a listen & see what you think.

Good Girl- Carrie Underwood Lyrics - YouTube

As of this morning the single has jumped to #28 with some huge increases. Carrie put this thank you out to Country radio.

On the current Brad Paisley tour when it comes time for him to sing Remind Me there has been a really cool hologram of Carrie that walks on stage to sing the duet. Last night in Knoxville, much to the surprise of Brad, Carrie herself joined him.

Carrie is now on twitter & she told everyone early last night that she was feeling sneeky & to stay tuned, so this was what it was all about.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    After just two days of radio play Carries new single is already at #32 on the Mediabase Charts, Billboard will be out later today. This song has gotten incredible reviews across the spectrum. Even folks who have not been so kind to her or her music in the past are raving over this one. Give it a listen & see what you think.

Good Girl- Carrie Underwood Lyrics - YouTube
    I like Carrie and haven't heard a song of hers that I don't like. But I absolutely LOVE this song. I've heard it 2 or 3 times on Sirius and it just blows me away. The DJ said after the one time she played it that she could probably play it over and over for hours and no one would complain, so I guess they're getting good feedback on it.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I like Carrie and haven't heard a song of hers that I don't like. But I absolutely LOVE this song. I've heard it 2 or 3 times on Sirius and it just blows me away. The DJ said after the one time she played it that she could probably play it over and over for hours and no one would complain, so I guess they're getting good feedback on it.
    The feedback is great, the reviews have been incredible & it looks like radio is loving the song as well. Look at these Billboard results after the first week:

#30 Hot Country Songs (Debut)
    #1 Country Digital Songs (Debut)
    #24 Hot 100 (Debut)
    #12 Hot Digital Songs (Debut)
    #11 Hot Digital Tracks (Debut)
    #33 Canadian Hot 100 (Debut)
    #16 Hot Canadian Digital Singles (Debut)

PS: As of this morning the song is at #18 on the Country Mediabase Charts.
    realityfan778 likes this.

For anyone interested, it was announced that the world premier of Carrie's new video will be next Monday night on Entertainment Tonight.

For those that didn’t know, every year since she won Idol Carrie has sent the Top 12 new contestants a silver necklace/dog tags sort of thing with their names on it & a reference to being on Idol. She also signs it & wishes them good luck. It is from one of those famous jewelry stores in NYC. She usually gives it to them when she is on the show, but since she hasn’t been on this year, she sent them to the show.

Colton Dixon‏@CDixonAI11
    @carrieunderwood Thanks so much for the necklace! look forward to meeting you=)

@SLaineAI11
    @carrieunderwood thank you so much for the beautiful necklace and card! It means so much to me!!

Elise Testone‏@ETestoneAI11
    @carrieunderwood THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE NECKLACE!!!! You are an inspiration! Love, Elise

FORT Fogey

Carrie is a class act......and has been from the start on AI. Her clothing choices are always perfect ( you never see her on anybody's "what was she thinking " list) and show amazing growth.
    Fanny Mare and Jaceegirl like this.

This must have been pretty cool. Carrie was in NYC last week for a charity event & while she was down on Times Square her video for Good Girl played on the Jumbotron with a reminder of the album expected May 1. She saw it & tweeted a photo of it. Come to find out, Sony made arrangements for the video to play every hour for then entire day.

+ Reply to Thread