+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fanatic

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    O.M.G! That was a smokin' hot show! Steven was in fantastic voice and Carrie was wonderful. The two compliment each other so well. Her band was unreal, they were so good...especially since the majority of the songs were Aerosmith. I'm saving it to watch again.
    One thing I was wondering about going into this is how Steven Tyler would sing some of Carrie's songs. Well after I watched I realized he really didn't sing alot of her songs, and the ones they did were just the rock/duet types. But I thought it was a great show, and it fit the atmosphere just before the Super bowl!

No one started a thread for the Grammy show last night so I'll comment here since Carrie along with Kelly and Jennifer participated. I must say that I felt rather sorry for Tony Bennett. He and Carrie followed the tribute to Glenn Campbell and Glenn with his advancing Alzheimer Disease sang better than Tony. Thank goodness Carrie was there to prop him up both musically and mentally. BTW - that was Glenn Campbell's daughter playing the banjo. I learned on the CBS Sunday Morning Show that his three youngest all play and support him in the band currently on tour.

I can't stand that guy, Jason Aldean, Kelly sings with and once again our AI girl held up the song and the singer. Jennifer performed a dramatic and lovely tribute to Whitney singing, "I'll Always Love You." It brought tears to my eyes.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I don't know what the big deal is about that Jason Aldean, either, Arielflies. Kelly Clarkson can sing circles around that guy. Although I do like that song, Kelly really overpowers him. Towards the end of the song it appeared that he might have been having some mike problems. I tuned out right after Adele's performance so I didn't see Tony and Carrie singing. I had to go on youtube to see for myself b/c what you said surprised me, arielflies. I have Tony's Duets I and Duets II CD and he sings that same song with her on the second CD. I didn't hear Glen sing so I can't make comparisons but for 83 years of age I think Tony still sings pretty well. I think the first Duets CD is better b/c Tony is definitely in better voice there but who knows how much autotuning is done with these things. Compare that to Sir Paul who, imo, was cringe-worthy singing "My Valentine."

I agree - that McCartney song was awful!! They also kept panning to him in the crowd all night long for some strange reason. I didn't tune in to see him get his dance on. I am sure there were plenty of other artists they could have shown.

I love Kelly. She has always been my favorite Idol. Love her! Carrie isn't really my taste, but I do enjoy some of her songs. Funny, when she arrived I could have sworn she was sporting a baby bump, but then when she sang her duet it was gone!

Jennifer was ok. I don't really get all the hype around her. I was expecting a lot more emotion. Heck I wanted to cry, and she just wasn't able to pull that out of me at all. LL Cool J on the other hand, did bring me to tears. He opened the show so wonderfully. Great Grammy show though!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Amazon has a 30 second clip of Good Girl. This one rocks, it's going to be a bigun!

Amazon.com: carrie underwood good girl: MP3 Downloads

Carrie leaving LA. Wonder who the guy is that's flirting with her?

FORT Fanatic

I think they removed the 30 second clip already... at least I couldn't find it!

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    I think they removed the 30 second clip already... at least I couldn't find it!
    Someone made a clip of it along with some photos & put it on youtube, but that has been removed as well. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Compare that to Sir Paul who, imo, was cringe-worthy singing "My Valentine."
    I didn't watch the grammy show, but keep hearing commercials on AM radio for Paul's new cd. I think that is the song they play snippets from. It does sound awful.

According to Billboard, Before He Cheats has recently passed 900,000 plays on the radio. I still hear the song a lot.

Carrie herself, posted a snippet of her newest single & video of the studio as the song is being mixed. Check it out!

Carrie Underwood "Good Girl" Sneak Peek - YouTube

+ Reply to Thread