+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Carrie played a show last night at Ravinia in Chicago to a crowd of 50,000 & she had full orchestra accompaniment. Must have been quite the night.

Razorbacker,

I was watching a commercial for the season premiere of Bluebloods on CBS.
    The episode will have Tony Bennett singing a duet with Carrie.
    Carrie is also on his new CD which will be available real soon.
    I know you're a big fan, so you might want to watch.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Razorbacker,

I was watching a commercial for the season premiere of Bluebloods on CBS.
    The episode will have Tony Bennett singing a duet with Carrie.
    Carrie is also on his new CD which will be available real soon.
    I know you're a big fan, so you might want to watch.
    Yep, it's already on the to do list. She is also going to be a part of a concert in LA with Tony.

Here, for the first time, the entire duet with Tony Bennett. They sound wonderful together.

Carrie Underwood And Tony Bennett’s Duet “It Had To Be You” ? Idolator Premiere | Music News, Reviews, and Gossip on Idolator.com

Razor,

Glad to know you have it set to tape.
    I tried to play their duet on Idolator - unfortunately that site does not work for me. But, I did check it out on Amazon. Carrie sounds terrific. I'm not a big country person, but I do think she's 1 of the best AI winners from the show.
    I'm going to buy the CD, as I still have the first Duets - which I love - and this 1 has a duet with Amy Winehouse, which I don't want to miss.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Carrie's Just A Dream has just been certified as her 7th Platinum single. Congrats to her!

Ya'll might get a kick out of this. Here are a couple of videos from Brad Paisley's concert where Carrie comes on stage to sing Remind Me with him.....only it's a hologram Carrie. But it sure fools the people in the audience. Pretty cool stuff!

The Future Of Concerts???? | Patrick Knight - Today's Country & Your All-Time Favorites 102.1 K102

Carrie will be at The Opry on Oct. 4th to help celebrate the 20th anniversary of Randy Travis as a member. Then she will be back on the 14th along with Brad Paisley & I am sure that will be the first public performance of Remind Me. If you ever get a chance to see her at the Opry, regardless of who else is on the bill for the night, Carrie is the star & the one people come to see. It's quite interesting to see how the audience reacts to her.

A couple of weeks back the Ella Awards were held in LA. It was a night to honor Smokey Robinson. Carrie was asked to perform & she chose to sing the old Miracles hit, You've Really Got A Hold On Me. Then at the end of the show everybody got on stage together & it was Smokey's turn. Watch Carrie as he chooses to sing My Girl to her. It's pretty priceless.

Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Carrie Underwood, singing together LIVE at 2011 Ella Awards - YouTube

Big weekend for Carrie.

Carrie, kids build Checotah playground Local News MuskogeePhoenix.com, Muskogee, OK

October 15, 2011
    Carrie, kids build Checotah playground
    Country star at NSU homecoming today
    By Wendy Burton Phoenix Staff Writer

— CHECOTAH — A tiny, beaming girl threw her arm over country-music star Carrie Underwood’s shoulder and posed for a picture.

Then the little girl explained why Underwood is a star.

“She sings country music,” said Jodi Hays, 6. “She doesn’t sing rock and roll though, ’cause she’s a girl.”

Underwood was in Checotah for the day building a playground at Marshall Elementary School.

“Play is so important for kids,” Underwood said. “Every day you see on the news the obesity numbers are going up, and kids just want to play. They want to play outside.”

So Underwood helped the elementary get a new playground — which will also be open to the community for picnics, playtime and family fun, she said.

The playground was funded by Underwood’s Checotah Animal, Town and School Foundation and built by 200 volunteers, Underwood and the non-profit agency, KaBOOM!.

The students of Marshall Elementary designed the playground about six weeks ago, Underwood said. They drew pictures and KaBOOM! created three playground plans for the students to vote on.

“The most popular ideas were trees and an elevator,” Underwood said, and laughed. “They have the trees, but we didn’t build an elevator.”

The new playground features a jungle gym designed like a jungle with trees and a spiral slide. Volunteers also painted world and U.S. maps on the playground, rebuilt community garden beds, hung giant colorful alphabet letters along the fence and much more.

Underwood helped shovel mulch and dirt much of the day and helped build a walking track around the playground.

The students particularly seemed star-struck and excited throughout the day.

Underwood shucked her glamorous star persona, donned a T-shirt and jeans and raked, shoveled and painted with the other volunteers for hours at her old elementary school.

She grabbed a can of spray paint and began painting a world map on the blacktop.

“I am worried about one thing,” said little Jodi, holding up a tiny finger. “How are we going to play on this playground without getting paint on our shoes?”

As Underwood painted away, several fifth-grade classes filed out to the playground, jumping up and down and shouting “Carrie! Carrie!”

When Underwood smiled and waved, young girls and boys gasped, cheered, giggled and waved back — one little girl comically fell to her knees clutching her chest.

Underwood took all the admiration in stride. She proudly wore an “I earned this backache” button on her shirt and paint under her fingernails.

What’s important, she said, is the children of Checotah know that the adults around them care.

“For them to see their parents, teachers, community members out here doing this is so important,” Underwood said. “It tells them, ‘We love you.’ They might not realize the importance now, but they will someday.”

Underwood said she plans to enjoy her short visit to her hometown for a day or two. “I don’t go out much when I’m here, just visit family. But I can relax here,” Underwood said.

Underwood will be in Tahlequah today, appearing in the Northeastern State University Homecoming Parade at 10 a.m. and also during halftime of the 2 p.m. football game, where she’ll be one of five NSU alumni who will be honored for outstanding service and achievement.

+ Reply to Thread