+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

http://tonythomas.visibli.com/share/Slt7VK

MULTIPLE GRAMMY AWARD WINNERS TONY BENNETT AND CARRIE UNDERWOOD TO PERFORM ON THE SECOND SEASON PREMIERE OF "BLUE BLOODS," FRIDAY, SEPT. 23

THIS JUST IN....
    ...from CBS ENTERTAINMENT

Multiple Grammy Award-winning musical sensations Tony Bennett and Carrie Underwood will perform on the second season premiere of BLUE BLOODS, Friday, Sept. 23 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
    Bennett and Underwood will play themselves when they perform at a fundraiser that Frank Reagan (Tom Selleck) and Erin Reagan-Boyle (Bridget Moynahan) are attending for the newly appointed mayor. Bennett and Underwood greet the Reagans before performing a duet of "It Had To Be You" for the crowd. Originally, Bennett and Underwood collaborated on this duet of the classic pop standard for Bennett's new album, Duets II, due out on Sept. 20

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    http://tonythomas.visibli.com/share/Slt7VK

MULTIPLE GRAMMY AWARD WINNERS TONY BENNETT AND CARRIE UNDERWOOD TO PERFORM ON THE SECOND SEASON PREMIERE OF "BLUE BLOODS," FRIDAY, SEPT. 23

THIS JUST IN....
    ...from CBS ENTERTAINMENT

Multiple Grammy Award-winning musical sensations Tony Bennett and Carrie Underwood will perform on the second season premiere of BLUE BLOODS, Friday, Sept. 23 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
    Bennett and Underwood will play themselves when they perform at a fundraiser that Frank Reagan (Tom Selleck) and Erin Reagan-Boyle (Bridget Moynahan) are attending for the newly appointed mayor. Bennett and Underwood greet the Reagans before performing a duet of "It Had To Be You" for the crowd. Originally, Bennett and Underwood collaborated on this duet of the classic pop standard for Bennett's new album, Duets II, due out on Sept. 20

Thanks for the info. Tony Bennett is one of my all-time faves and I enjoyed him on the finale of AI 10 this season. I also happen to love Blue Bloods and look forward to this episode. Can't wait also for Duets II. I have the first and it's outstanding!

This is a really cool behind the scenes video of the Tony Bennett Duets album. Lot's of the artists are interviewed & Carrie & Tony are shown singing together. Check It Out!

http://www.amazon.com/Duets-II-Tony-...t_mus_ep_dpi_1
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    This is a really cool behind the scenes video of the Tony Bennett Duets album. Lot's of the artists are interviewed & Carrie & Tony are shown singing together. Check It Out!

Amazon.com: Duets II: Tony Bennett: Music
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! Tony truly is a national treasure! The artists he has lined up for the new CD are fantastic. I am so happy to see Michael Buble and K.D. Lang make a repeat performance. Love those 2 talented Canadians! Carrie sounds wonderful in the clip as do all of the performers. 85 years young. Wow! I get chills!

Someone has put together a brilliant video highlighting the versatility of Ms. Carrie. Please check it out, you won't regret it!

‪Carrie Underwood - Voice of Versatility‬‏ - YouTube

That was an amazing compilation showcasing her talent.

In this day when everyone has cameras in cell phones, it must be tough to be a celebrity & try to get a bit of privacy. Carrie, grocery shopping in Ottawa today.

Carrie sold out a show last night in Ottawa. Attendance 17,000!!

Here's a photo from a new Olay shoot. I know I'm a bit biased, but Carrie has become a stunningly beautiful woman.

Tony Bennett Staples Center Concert to Feature Carrie Underwood, John Mayer, Diana Krall, Stevie Wonder - The Hollywood Reporter

Tony Bennett Staples Center Concert to Feature Carrie Underwood, John Mayer, Diana Krall, Stevie Wonder

The September 24 show will double as a celebration of his 85th birthday. The legendary crooner was one of the last people to record with Amy Winehouse and will lead a tribute to the late singer at Sunday’s MTV Video Music Awards.
    The countdown to Tony Bennett’s much anticipated Duets II album has officially begun.

Earlier this week, it was announced that the legendary vocalist will pay tribute to the late Amy Winehouse at Sunday’s MTV Video Music Awards -- she sings the jazz standard “Body and Soul” on the album, due out September 20 -- and now comes word of a special concert at Los Angeles’ Staples Center which will feature duet partners Carrie Underwood (she sings “It Had to Be You” on the compilation, in the season 2 premiere of CBS' Blue Bloods and, presumably, in concert) and John Mayer (“One For My Baby”) along with Stevie Wonder.

The show will double as an 85th birthday celebration and a benefit to help end hunger. It follows a performance by Bennett at New York’s Metropolitan Opera House on September 18.

Bennett’s Duets: An American Classic, released in 2006, has sold more than a million copies, according to the Recording Industry Association of America. Duets II features collaborations with Sheryl Crow, Faith Hill, Mariah Carey, Queen Latifah and Michael Buble, among others.

Many of the recording sessions were filmed for a behind-the-scenes “making of” documentary, shot by Academy Award-winning cinematographer Dion Beebe (Memoirs of a Geisha, Green Lantern) and due out this fall, including footage of Bennett working with Winehouse. “You can’t believe how wonderful she was during the recording,” Bennett told the Chicago Sun Times. “I think it will surprise a lot of people. She started singing and I remember I said to her, ‘You must be influenced by Dinah Washington.’ And she said how do you know that? She’s my idol.’ It just changed everything between us when she knew that I knew where she was coming from musically.”

+ Reply to Thread