+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Okay, so this thread answered the questioned I posed in the other thread. You were there. How cool! Bet that was great fun.
    Carrie has been at the Opry on the Tuesday Night of CMA Fest week, every year for the past 5 yrs. & she has held her fan club party on that morning every year also at the Opry, except last year when the place was flooded. I have been to all of them, & have met & seen the same folks every year. It is always a good day.

Carrie & Mike just bought 400 acres just outside of Nashville for just shy of $3 million. They'll be building a house, & be neighbors of Keith Urban & Nicole Kidman.

Meanwhile the Australia expedition continues with her first concert on Friday night in Brisbane in a 52,000 seat stadium for a Rugby match.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Carrie & Mike just bought 400 acres just outside of Nashville for just shy of $3 million. They'll be building a house, & be neighbors of Keith Urban & Nicole Kidman.
    An article from The Tennessean about the purchase.

Carrie Underwood, Mike Fisher buy rural plot for home | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

Here's a nice video interview from Carrie where she talks about Brad, the new single, her new album & the whole process of putting it together.

Carrie Underwood's Billboard Interview | Patrick Knight - Today's Country & Your All-Time Favorites 102.1 K102

Carrie has just scored her first international #1 as Play On now sits atop the Country albums charts in Australia...

Just thought maybe some of you might be interested to note that Before He Cheats has passed 800,000 spins on radio. Pretty incredible & consider the song is still played over 2,000 time a week. The writers have become pretty wealthy from this one. And just think, the song was written for Gretchen Wilson & she turned it down...I don't think however, it would have been near the hit for her that Carrie has made it.

It was announced today that Carrie & Brad Paisley will be the CMA Hosts again this year. That makes 4 in a row.

Underwood proves compassion can come with talent

By Nancy Wilson, Contributing Writer 6:12 PM Friday, July 15, 2011

Underwood proves compassion can come with talent

Carrie Underwood graced the Miami Valley with her gorgeous presence last week at Country Concert in Fort Loramie and did not disappoint.

Sure, her voice was beautiful and as always, she was absolutely stunning, but one of the prettiest things about the new Mrs. Mike Fisher had nothing to do with her outward appearance, but her inside — her heart to be exact.

Carrie has been a long time supporter of the ACM Lifting Lives Music Camp in Nashville, which focuses on putting more music in the lives of talented campers with developmental disabilities. It was founded by the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities and is aimed at teens and young adults from around the country with Williams Syndrome and other genetic conditions like Down Syndrome.

Just before coming to Fort Loramie, Carrie visited the camp, singing some of her biggest hits with campers., including “Jesus Take the Wheel” and “Undo It.”

“I sing because I love to sing, and that’s what they love to do, too,” she told Nashville.com in an interview.

And the campers?

Of course, some were overwhelmed by the superstar, “I was like shocked,” Mackenzie Mansour, a 16-year-old from Lone Oak, Texas, told the Associated Press. “I didn’t know what to do. I was like, ‘Um, should I say hi to her or should I hug her?’ I was like, ‘Gotta think.’”

Mansour likewise made a huge impression on Carrie: “I said, ‘Do you want me to sing with you?’ She said, ‘No, I’ll sing to you.’”

Carrie was inspired by fellow Country Concert alumni Darius Rucker’s performance with a group from Lifting Lives at the ACM Awards in April.

Last weekend, Carrie showed her own kind of love by inviting a group of special needs kids backstage before she went on Friday. She smiled, posed for pictures and passed out plenty of hugs and kisses. But most of all, she took her time, answering their questions with kindness and compassion.

At the Lifting Lives camp, Carrie said, “I think we all kind of forget what a special gift that we have and we’re able to participate in every single day. And music is definitely a universal language. Anybody can speak it. Anybody can love it.”

And now there’s one more reason to love Carrie Underwood.

REVIEW: Brad Paisley & Carrie Underwood – Remind Me

Written by keepinitcountry on Jul-14-11 6:36am

After the announcement that Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood will be returning to host the CMA Awards again this November, their duet on Brad’s new album, “This Is Country Music,” should be shooting up the charts. There’s no reason for it not to be a hit: putting together two of the most recognizable voices in country music today is a guaranteed hit. “Remind Me” is a haunting tune about two lovers whose relationship has fallen apart and they’re left wondering why. I don’t think there is anyone else in country music who could make this duet as good as it is. The song was meant for Brad and Carrie, and probably Brad’s best duet yet.

While Brad is great on the song, it’s Carrie’s vocals that bring it home. A beautiful single, once Carrie joins the song it brings it to a whole other level. The hype for the song may have been bigger than Brad’s entire album, but in the end, it lives up to the hype. The song demands that the vocalists give it the attention it deserves: and the two friends do it justice and then some. It might be one of the strongest duets yet this year.

Once Carrie jumps in to the song you get chills. Her vocals are perfect, (when aren’t they?), and it might be the first time she actually delivers those haunting vocals on a track. While she has had pretty songs in the past with sad themes, she never really could deliver them to make you feel them. That all changed this time around, as Carrie has grown as a singer… who knew that was possible with her? Not to ignore Brad’s talents on this song, he compliments her voice perfectly. There is no better pairing on the charts yet this year than Carrie and Brad.

Both characters in the song, presumed to be husband and wife, trade memories and one-liners back and forth throughout the verses. You can actually feel the longing and the pain in both Brad and Carrie’s vocals throughout the single. The lyrics are well written, and lets you actually picture the memories they are talking about. There’s no way this song doesn’t win at least one of the awards at at least one of the hundreds of country music award shows during the next year.

“Remind Me” is out on radio now. Carrie and Brad were filming the music video for it last week.

RATING: 5 out of 5
    POTENTIAL: Number one

Link: REVIEW: Brad Paisley & Carrie Underwood

REVIEW: Brad Paisley & Carrie Underwood – Remind Me

Written by keepinitcountry on Jul-14-11 6:36am

After the announcement that Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood will be returning to host the CMA Awards again this November, their duet on Brad’s new album, “This Is Country Music,” should be shooting up the charts. There’s no reason for it not to be a hit: putting together two of the most recognizable voices in country music today is a guaranteed hit. “Remind Me” is a haunting tune about two lovers whose relationship has fallen apart and they’re left wondering why. I don’t think there is anyone else in country music who could make this duet as good as it is. The song was meant for Brad and Carrie, and probably Brad’s best duet yet.

While Brad is great on the song, it’s Carrie’s vocals that bring it home. A beautiful single, once Carrie joins the song it brings it to a whole other level. The hype for the song may have been bigger than Brad’s entire album, but in the end, it lives up to the hype. The song demands that the vocalists give it the attention it deserves: and the two friends do it justice and then some. It might be one of the strongest duets yet this year.

Once Carrie jumps in to the song you get chills. Her vocals are perfect, (when aren’t they?), and it might be the first time she actually delivers those haunting vocals on a track. While she has had pretty songs in the past with sad themes, she never really could deliver them to make you feel them. That all changed this time around, as Carrie has grown as a singer… who knew that was possible with her? Not to ignore Brad’s talents on this song, he compliments her voice perfectly. There is no better pairing on the charts yet this year than Carrie and Brad.

Both characters in the song, presumed to be husband and wife, trade memories and one-liners back and forth throughout the verses. You can actually feel the longing and the pain in both Brad and Carrie’s vocals throughout the single. The lyrics are well written, and lets you actually picture the memories they are talking about. There’s no way this song doesn’t win at least one of the awards at at least one of the hundreds of country music award shows during the next year.

“Remind Me” is out on radio now. Carrie and Brad were filming the music video for it last week.

RATING: 5 out of 5
    POTENTIAL: Number one

Brad Paisley | Keepin' it Country

+ Reply to Thread