+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 420 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by DetGuy
    Its not neccessarily about dancing or waving your arms its about expression and emoting what the song is about which can be done vocally as well. How can you sing about love or heartbreak or even happiness or whatever and not be able to bring that through in the song? I can listen to some artists on a CD and really feel what they are singing without seeing them. Just because you can hit every note doesn't make you great.
    My thoughts exactly. I was listening to a Martina McBride song on the radio the other day, and thought of Carrie, and to me the major difference is that Martina can make you feel the story behind the lyrics whereas Carrie is just singing the lyrics and trying to show off her vocal talent. I wonder if learning to emote might come with a few more years experience, or if it's something she could be taught. She needs to think about what she's singing and not just memorize the words.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyStarr
    I liked Carrie in the beginning. I agree she has a GREAT voice, she can sing.
    BUT she has ZERO personality, and week after week, that's getting on my last nerves.
    She reminds me of someone who is a very introverted personality. A lot of people mistake that type of individual for having no personality or being aloof or standoffish. I don't know if that's what's up with Carrie or not, but I watched an interview she gave and that's the impression I got.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyStarr
    I liked Carrie in the beginning. I agree she has a GREAT voice, she can sing.
    BUT she has ZERO personality, and week after week, that's getting on my last nerves. Also, she sings, but doesn't TRY, meaning she doesn't do anything to make herself better, to really showcase herself. The other contestants, they are not as good singers, but week after week, they try new things and try to be better(Vonzell being the perfect example).
    Carrie is just as good as she was in the beginning, not one ounce better. It's like seeing the same performance every week.

I know most of you won't want to agree with me, but just think about it.
    She may very well take it home, but I won't be buying her album or watching her b/c I don't want to be bored to tears....
    That's exactly what Carrie is, boring and with no personality (and you have Simon praising her all the way to the bank)!!! She will win probably, but I will NEVER by a CD from her.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    That's exactly what Carrie is, boring and with no personality (and you have Simon praising her all the way to the bank)!!! She will win probably, but I will NEVER by a CD from her.

AMEN AMEN AMEN E-Daddy
    I couldn't have said it better myself!
    Word up!!!! I won't buy her crap either LOL
    Carrie won't win- trust me!!!
    GO GUYS!!!!!!!!!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Maybe Vonzell can give Carrie some tips on performing. Vonzell had really improved.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky
    Maybe Vonzell can give Carrie some tips on performing. Vonzell had really improved.
    Vonzell has really improved, but I don't think she is strong enough to pull this away from Carrie or Constantine! However, she is a joy to watch perform!

Carrie did wink at the camera once. That was a cute gesture. I believe someone can help her with this issue. Not having a guitar in her hand may be part of the problem. I am willing to wait to see if she can work this out.

Now see, I happen to enjoy Diana's performances! The last three shows were awesome last year!
    Last edited by Kariann1; 04-11-2005 at 09:12 AM.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    Photos from the Fox website:
    http://www.idolonfox.com/photosvideos/

Check out Carrie's photos from 3/1 and 3/8, then 4/6...
    OMG WHAT ARE THEY FEEDING HER!
    Woooo. You're not kidding. Looks like she has gained about 20 pounds.
    ~*~ Maji *~

Carrie may have gained some weight, but I believe it is the style of the dress and the angle the picture was taken. She looks fine to me; however, if you're going to compare her to Nadia, then maybe she looks a bit chubby.

We went through this went Diana last year. Some weeks she looked chubby, but by the Final Performance, she looked really nice. I just don't have an issue with weight. Look at Kimberly Locke. She now has a modeling career as a BIG model (size 12 and up). The average American woman wear a size 14.

I think Carrie is a pretty young woman and she'll get it all together. Now, I don't know if she'll ever be really warm with the TV audience, but let's wait and see.

I find Carrie endearing rather than cold and lifeless like many people claimed. And it doesn't hurt that she is technically the best singer in the competition. With that said I am so hoping for a Carrie and Connie final 2!!

Quote Originally Posted by DetGuy
    Carrie can sing and probably has the best vocals in the group. She just doesnt excite me and isnt my style. I like more soulful, deeper singers. But if Carrie were to win (and she will probably win), I wouldnt be upset because she has the talent to back it up (unlike Diana or someone in the past). But it would be very ho hum for me.
    I agree! I am not rooting for Carrie to win cuz her song-interpretation skills are almost nil. But I would be satisfied if she did win cuz she is technically pretty good. It wouldn't be a travesty like last year would have been if Diana--the screamer--had won.

+ Reply to Thread