+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

I don't know if we have an Aussies perusing this forum or not, but just in case....Carrie is headed your way for her first promotional tour outside the US. She is scheduled to be in Aus. on Friday & will appear on Dancing With The Stars on Sunday night. I'm not sure how long she will be down there or how many cities she is scheduled in, but I have read, Sydney, Melbourne & Perth....

Carrie was phenomenal at the Opry tonight. She ended her set with How Great Thou Art & blew the roof off the place. It's just an incredible thing to watch happen. There were tear all over the room.

And, she introduced Scotty & Lauren to the Opry crowd for the very first time. You should have seen the flashbulbs with all 3 of them on stage together. I think Lauren was overwhelmed. Scotty is pretty unaffected. They both sing there Friday night.

To the Point

I would love to see/hear Carrie sing How Great Thou Art live. That is powerful via the tube. Can't imagine the power it must hold to see it live.

Regarding Lauren & Scotty. I think Lauren is very overwhelmed by the "bigness" of it all, whereas, if Scotty is he certainly doesn't allow that to project. He may be a mess of nerves internally, but I do think that his calm demeaner will be a huge benefit to him as he navigates his way through the opportunites that present themselves. They are both so young it's difficult to imagine how overwhelming it might be.

Druing Carrie's appearance on the Opry the other night, she paid tribute to long time Opry Member & fellow Checotah native Mel McDaniel. Mel passed away a couple of months back & in remembrance Carrie sang Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On, it was really great & the first time she had ever sang it. I heard it this morning on XM. I reckon it'll be on youtube if anyone is interested. I'd highly recommend it.

Carrie performed on Dancing With The Stars last night in Sydney & she trended on twitter all night long. It was the first time many of those folks had ever seen or heard her & they loved what they saw.

Evidently Carrie has made it to Australia just in time for the Country to shut down all air travel due to the Chilean volcano that is filling the air with ash.

I wanted to share some photos from the Opry last Tuesday. I had 2nd row seats so these came out pretty good.

The place really does love Carrie & uses her image in almost all advertising. And she does an introductory video before the show begins that talks about all the flooding that happened & what went on to clean it up.

Little Jimmy Dickens is now 91 & still working.

Darius Rucker.

Martina McBride

The Oak Ridge Boys…celebrating 30 years of Elvira!

Lady Antebellum. Next to Carrie these guys were the most popular of the night.

Whispering Bill Anderson.

And of Course the star of the show. My Girl!

Weird expression, but she is into it & I like it.

To the Point

Okay, so this thread answered the questioned I posed in the other thread. You were there. How cool! Bet that was great fun.

+ Reply to Thread