+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Watching the audience reaction that night on the show, you and I weren't the only ones feeling the same way bee stung lips.

I'd have to agree. I saw the reactions on some of their faces during and after her song and they were in awe, and rightfully so.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I had tears running down my face and so did Naomi Judd. I saw her wiping tears as she stood up to applaud Carrie. I think the guy from Sugar Land was swept away too.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I had tears running down my face and so did Naomi Judd. I saw her wiping tears as she stood up to applaud Carrie. I think the guy from Sugar Land was swept away too.
    A bit of trivia. The guy from Sugarland is Kristen Bush. From the Bush family that does all the baked beans.

PS: YouTube views have now surpassed 4.2 million!!!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    A bit of trivia. The guy from Sugarland is Kristen Bush. From the Bush family that does all the baked beans.

PS: YouTube views have now surpassed 4.2 million!!!
    Oh, I didn't know that. I really like Sugar Land too. I like Little Big Town better. IMO they are very underrated. I loved the song they did with Ronnie Dunn.

No one I knew recognized the duet Ronnie Dunn and Jennifer Nettles did. It's called Fly. I love that song. It was from a Dixie Chix cd entitled Fly.

A day in the Life of Carrie Underwood.

This weekend was the 10th year reunion for Carries high school graduating class. She has never forgotten from whence she came, so she attended the party. She must have caused quite the stir. There are some photos out on Twitter, but I can't repost them.

I wonder how many said " So Carrie, what have you been up to the past 10 yrs."?

By the way, that youtube video of her How Great Thou Art performance is trending once again & has now surpassed 5.2 million views.

As I said a couple of pages back, Brad Paisley has delayed the release of his new album to include a duet between he & Carrie. Well, they have clips up on Amazon...This one is going to be smoking. Give it a listen. The song is called Remind Me.

Amazon.com: This Is Country Music: Brad Paisley: Music

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    As I said a couple of pages back, Brad Paisley has delayed the release of his new album to include a duet between he & Carrie. Well, they have clips up on Amazon...This one is going to be smoking. Give it a listen. The song is called Remind Me.

Amazon.com: This Is Country Music: Brad Paisley: Music
    Love it, thanks for the heads up.

Carrie headed to Australia!

CMC - Country Music Channel

1. Former American Idol winner and subsequent US country music star Carrie Underwood (pictured) is bound for Australia. Sony Music has this afternoon confirmed that the singer will step foot on our shores for the very first time to undertake a round of promotional duties next month.

With a swag of Grammys, American Music Awards, Peoples Choice Awards and a plethora of country music gongs already to her name, Carrie will hit the local market midway through June to promote a deluxe edition of her latest album 'Play On'.

The new version contains a bonus disc featuring all her US No.1 hits thus far, along with a cover version of Motley Crue's 'Home Sweet Home', which is previously unreleased on CD anywhere in the world.

Carrie will spend plenty of time on the ground meeting with media, but will also take time out to see the sights and play a special showcase performance in Sydney. Naturally, she's excited to meet with her local fans.
    "I am really looking forward to my first trip to Australia," she said in a statement. "I can't wait to meet my fans down under, and hope to make some new fans too! I’ve always dreamed of playing in Australia, and hope to have time to explore some of the sights your amazing country has to offer!"

'Play On' - the deluxe edition is set for Aussie release on Friday June 10.

Carrie Underwood's Foundation Helps Fund Checotah Animal Shelter - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Carrie Underwood's Foundation Helps Fund Checotah Animal Shelter

Rick Wells, News On 6
    CHECOTAH, Oklahoma --Who hasn't heard of Carrie Underwood from Checotah? She's more successful than she probably ever dreamed she could be.
    She established a foundation a couple of years ago that helped purchase musical instruments for her old high school in Checotah.
    Now, through that foundation, the Checotah Animal Town and School Foundation, she's reached out again. Checotah has a brand new animal shelter.
    "It funded the building here and before we had the building she was funding our spaying and neutering," Carol Underwood, Carrie's mom said.
    Carol volunteers at the shelter a few days a week, but the engine that makes the Checotah shelter go is a full time, seven-day a week volunteer, Kate Paris. Paris is kind of a serial dog rescuer; she's been at it a long time.
    "I been rescuing dogs since the third grade," she said. "I brought one home on the school bus, I got a bunch of napkins from the bathroom and wrapped it up so the bus driver wouldn't see it, and took it home."
    She's devoted to these animals. She said there's a home, somewhere, for each one, she just has to find it. Her reputation as a finder of homes for dogs is almost legendary; she gets calls from all over.
    "From McAlester to Sapulpa and Sand Springs, I've helped. You name it I've helped 'em," she said.
    She's got some projects at the Checotah Animal Shelter. One is named Casper, he's like a circus performer. Turner and Hooch are wire-haired terrier pups. Another, named Bonnie, has been at the shelter for awhile. She's like the staff cheerleader.
    "The city does provide us with an operating budget for our shelter," Carol Underwood said.
    The city provides utilities and an amount to buy food for the animals. Carrie's Checotah Animal Town and School foundation pays for the rest, which means adoptions from the Checotah shelter are free.
    So even though she not in Checotah anymore, all those hits are making lives better in her Oklahoma hometown.

Carrie is an outstanding model for kids who want to get into the music industry. I completely respect her for all of her support for numerous charities, and her participation in many such activities. She's a good one.
    God Bless her!
    Go Carrie!

+ Reply to Thread