+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

For anyone that gets GAC they are televising Carrie's last appearance at the Opry tonight. Tune in, she is always great on that stage!

Sorry, I was misinformed. Tonights Opry show is radio only....

This is a review from the 1st Opry show last night. For the 2nd show she sang Wasted, Temporary Home & Before He Cheats. I don’t remember ever seeing a review of the Opry before so she must have really floored this guy.

Carrie Underwood at the Grand Ole Opry - Nashville Country Music | Examiner.com

Carrie Underwood at the Grand Ole Opry

Saturday March 26, 2011, Carrie Underwood, the country singer with the sexiest legs on the planet, performed for the second time, in under a month, at the Grand Ole Opry. America’s darling since winning the 2005 American Idol competition, Carrie has been a member of the Grand Ole Opry since May 10, 2008. The reigning Queen of Country performs with energy and presence that commands the undivided attention of all whom see/hear her. The Opry strips away the dazzling light shows and over the top pyrotechnics and exposes the flaws of any artist performing on its historic and hollowed stage. The venue forces artists to rely on their own talents and Carrie Underwood’s talents never disappoint. Arguably the greatest female singer of this century and undeniably the best pure singer in country music, Underwood’s voice can oscillate between an angelic whisper and an otherworldly powerful full projection.

Carrie Underwood played three songs on Saturday night and like Bill Anderson said, when she finished performing, “never been a doubt that she can sing the fire out of a song.” Underwood was introduced by Anderson and before performing her first song Cowboy Casanova she claimed jokingly that she wrote this song for him. As she launched into the song she proved why she is the Queen. Her voice was flawless and intense as she told the story of a player whom breaks the hearts of so many women. She followed the first song with her smash hit Jesus Take the Wheel and her powerful vocal performance lent this song vitality and freshness that made it seem like it was being sung for the first time. She ended the night by rocking out another of her hits Undo It. The adoring throng that rushed the stage before the performance was not disappointed when Carrie turned thanked the audience and walked off stage.

White Bluff and the rest of Middle Tennessee, if you weren’t at this show you missed a performance from an artist that will go down as one of the great singers of all time, not to mention one of the sexiest ever. Next time she comes to town don’t think, don’t procrastinate, just run out and buy a ticket to see her sing you won’t be disappointed.

Back before Christmas I bought tickets for The Opry on June 7th thinking Carrie would be performing. This is the week of CMA Music Fest & she has been there on the Tuesday night of that week every year since she won Idol. Well, it has been confirmed that she will indeed be performing. My 2nd row center seats are going to be sweet. Good line up so far, they should add 3 more. Usually there are 8 artists per show.

Grand Ole Opry: Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum, Martina McBride, Oak Ridge Boys, Jerrod Niemann, and more.

Tonight is the ACM Awards Show. Carrie is performing but since she has no current single on the radio, we (the Carrie Fans) have been asking what could she possibly sing. Now comes word from the producers that she has been rehearsing a top secret duet that is going to tear up the stage. Rumors are rampant that her partner is going to be Steven Tyler....should be interesting regardless.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Tonight is the ACM Awards Show. Carrie is performing but since she has no current single on the radio, we (the Carrie Fans) have been asking what could she possibly sing. Now comes word from the producers that she has been rehearsing a top secret duet that is going to tear up the stage. Rumors are rampant that her partner is going to be Steven Tyler....should be interesting regardless.
    Thanks for that headsup!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Evidently Seacrest just spoiled the surprise. Carrie & Steven Tyler will be singing UnDo It & Walk This Way tonight at the ACM Show.

This is very cool - I just wish we could hear her more! She's SO pretty!
    Steven sounds great!!!

Thanks for the heads-up RB. I was in a different room and ran in to see Carrie and Steven when I heard she was coming up.

I for one loved that performance.

+ Reply to Thread