+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Billboard has put out their Top Earners list. Carrie comes in at #13, but I have to believe they have underestimated her $$$. Not sure if this includes endorsements etc. Anywho, here is the part about her.

Music's Top 40 Money Makers 2011

13. Carrie Underwood

$13,501,387

The "American Idol" victor reigned as country music's top female touring artist in 2010. Underwood launched her North American tour last March in support of her 2009 album "Play On," performing 108 shows in the United States and Canada. By the time the tour wrapped, Underwood had played to 1 million fans, grossed $33.2 million and netted about $11 million. During the fall leg of the tour, the Academy of Country Music's two-time entertainer of the year donated 36 cents from every ticket to Save the Children's U.S. programs. Underwood also racked up total U.S. album sales of 1 million.

Information Not Found | Billboard.com

You don't see many professional sports stars do something like this. Here is a letter Mike wrote to the fans & people of Ottawa.

Dear Senators Fans and Fellow Citizens of the Ottawa Area,

For the past 11 years I have had the pleasure of calling Ottawa my home. I have matured here both as a hockey player and a person. Throughout my time in Ottawa the fans of the Senators and the entire community have been a tremendous support to my teammates and I through good times and bad. It was my honor to be able to give back in some small way by working with Roger’s House and many other worthy groups, individuals and causes in and around Ottawa.

I am extremely blessed to have had the privilege of being a member of your community. The friendships I have forged here are ones that I will truly cherish forever.

Ottawa is a tremendous city and I will miss playing in front of you every night. Though I am sad to be leaving, I am very grateful to the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club for giving me the chance to realize my dream of becoming an NHL player. In particular, I would wish to thank Mr. Eugene Melnyk and Mr. Bryan Murray for their respect, professionalism and the generosity that they have shown to me and my family through the years. It was a lot of fun playing in front of some of the greatest hockey fans in the world, and that will never be forgotten.

For everything that you have done for me and my family, I did not want to leave Ottawa without expressing my sincere gratitude and appreciation to the entire community.

On behalf of Carrie and I and our families,

Thank you Ottawa….For everything.

Nice. Jeff Fisher did the same thing in Nashville when he parted ways with the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4185362;

On a side Jeff Fisher bought this ad in The Tennessean. What a class act. He wrote my son a very nice letter after Zac passed away.

With heartfelt gratitude I would like to thank all of YOU for your unwavering commitment and support through the years.

This has been an experience of a lifetime. Without the trust of Bud Adams and the entire organization none of this would have been possible. Words can't describe my feelings for all the players, coaches, and staff that have been part of this franchise.

I am honored to have been part of this legacy! Thanks for the memories!!

Jeff Fisher

Carrie has made her donation from ticket sales. $140,000 +, I bet no one else even came close to that total.

Carrie Underwood Presents Check To ‘Save The Children’-Country Music Is Love

Today in Nashville, Carrie Underwood presented Mark Shriver, Senior Vice President of US Programs for Save The Children, a check for proceeds collected through ticket sales from the fall leg of her 2010 “Play On Tour.” 36 cents from every ticket sold during the Sept. to Dec. run of the tour has been donated totaling $140,125.68.

This charitable initiative was inspired by the “36 cents” written in the lyrics of Underwoods album track “Change.” which addresses how even the smallest bit of spare change that one may have can add up to make a difference & help “change” the world.

According to Brad Paisley he has delayed his new album because he & Carrie have just recorded a duet that he says is so good he had to include it. Looking forward to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    According to Brad Paisley he has delayed his new album because he & Carrie have just recorded a duet that he says is so good he had to include it. Looking forward to that one.
    Sounds good! Can't wait to hear it.

Country Radio Seminar was held this past weekend in Nashville. Carrie opened the ceremonies with the National Anthem. Every year Sony hosts a show & dinner aboard the Colonel Jackson Showboat while it cruises the Cumberland River. According to reports Carrie was barely able to speak but still brought down the house with her Jesus Take The Wheel/How Great Thou Art performance. She also did what CMT is calling a powerhouse rendition of UnDo It. Then she was presented with a plaque celebrating her Double Platinum album Play On. All in all a good week for Ms. Carrie!

Carrie Underwood Receives Early Birthday Gift-Country Music Is Love

Carrie Underwood Receives Early Birthday Gift

Carrie Underwood received a bit of an early birthday present this past Thursday night, when the March 10th birthday girl was presented with a double-Platinum plaque in honor of two million sales for her smash album, Play On. The album launched four blockbuster hits, including “Cowboy Casanova,” “Undo It,” “Temporary Home,” and “Mama’s Song.” Carrie received the award following a performance for an invitation-only crowd of radio and industry VIPs during Nashville’s Country Radio Seminar.

Carrie’s performance that night drew an audience-wide standing ovation, as she closed with a jaw-dropping medley of “Jesus, Take the Wheel” and “How Great Thou Art,” delivering the kind of soaring, “wow” moment that shows why Carrie’s amazing vocals have earned her five GRAMMY Awards and made her a three-time ACM and CMA Female Vocalist winner.

Another great even for Carrie to be a part of.

Program Announced for Star-Studded Event Celebrating President George H. W. Bush and Volunteer... -- ATLANTA, March 10, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

Program Announced for Star-Studded Event Celebrating President George H. W. Bush and Volunteer Service

"All Together Now - A Celebration of Service" to be Co-Chaired by President Bill Clinton, Feature Performances by Sheryl Crow, Cee Lo Green, Reba McEntire, Sam Moore, Brad Paisley, Kid Rock, Darius Rucker and Carrie Underwood

ATLANTA, March 10, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Points of Light Institute today announced a star-studded line up for the upcoming March 21 event celebrating President George H. W. Bush's leadership in promoting the value of service and volunteerism in American life.
    The line up will bring together some of the biggest acts in country music, soul and rock in a unique program celebrating the powerful role voluntary service can play in overcoming the challenges our communities face in the 21st century. Taking place at the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., "All Together Now - A Celebration of Service" will feature performances by Sheryl Crow, Cee Lo Green, Reba McEntire, Sam Moore, Brad Paisley, Kid Rock, Darius Rucker and Carrie Underwood. Additional performers will be announced shortly.
    "I remain optimistic about America precisely because of the countless Points of Light who give so freely of themselves and claim one of society's problems as their own, helping make life better for those around them in the process," said President Bush. "The true strength of America has always been, and always will be, our people, and today we can take heart that more Americans of all ages are rolling up their sleeves and joining this movement to serve others."
    The event will bring together all four former presidents for the first time since the inauguration of President Barack Obama. President William J. Clinton will serve as the event's honorary co-chair. He will be joined by President and Mrs. George W. Bush and President and Mrs. Jimmy Carter. President Obama, who will be out of the country at the time of the event, will also participate through a video message highlighting the critical role of service in America.
    NBC will broadcast the celebration on Monday, March 28, from 8 to 9 p.m. Samsung is a supporting partner for the event. Additional sponsors will be announced.
    Seventeen-time Emmy winners George Stevens Jr. and Michael Stevens, the architects behind "The Kennedy Center Honors," "Christmas in Washington" and "We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration at the Lincoln Memorial," are the executive producers of "All Together Now." George Stevens ("Thurgood") will also write the show and Michael Stevens ("Thurgood") will direct.
    "We are excited about the terrific line up for this historic event. These talented performers, as well as NBC and Samsung, are enabling us to pay tribute to President Bush and showcase Points of Light Institute's mission to inspire, equip and mobilize people to create change. The resounding messages of the evening; inspiration, unity and action, come at a pivotal time for our nation," said Michelle Nunn, CEO of Points of Light Institute.
    In conjunction with the Tribute event, Points of Light Institute is calling on Americans from across the country to recognize individual Points of Light in their communities through their words and actions by posting a Tribute on its innovative Tribute wall. Those who post can immediately begin helping their communities by signing up for local volunteer opportunities. To post a Tribute, and view the Tribute wall, visit Points of Light Institute.

+ Reply to Thread