+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Nobody is sure at the moment what it is all about (speculation is all over the map) but at 10am est, this morning Carrie will be holding her first (to my knowledge) press conference in NYC. Should be interesting.

And now we know what the Press Conference was all about.

BREAKING NEWS: Carrie Underwood Named Face of Olay Skin Care – Style News - StyleWatch - People.com

BREAKING NEWS: Carrie Underwood Named Face of Olay Skin Care

Lionel Hahn/Abaca

Marking her first beauty contract, Carrie Underwood is announcing in New York City this morning that she’s been named Olay Skin Care’s first-ever North American celebrity ambassador. And for the five-time Grammy award winner, who has been using Olay products for “at least a decade now,” there couldn’t be a better brand to break into the beauty business with. “As a little girl I remember my mom always using the original Olay Beauty Fluid and encouraging my sisters and I to take care of our skin. I love that Olay has managed to change with the times, yet stay in touch with women of all ages who want affordable skin care products that do what they promise,” Carrie says in a statement. The country music superstar, who is about to kick-off her “Play On Tour” this fall, will appear in print and television ads for Olay’s “Challenge What’s Possible” campaign, scheduled to debut later this year. Check back for an exclusive behind-the-scenes interview with Carrie. Tell us: What do you think of Carrie Underwood’s new role as Olay Ambassador?–Andrea DeSimone

Here's the video for Mamas Song, just released yesterday. It is good, so good.....

Mama's Song - Carrie Underwood | Music Video | VEVO

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4068257;
    Here's the video for Mamas Song, just released yesterday. It is good, so good.....

Mama's Song - Carrie Underwood | Music Video | VEVO
    I totally agree. I just happened to watch this video like maybe 10 minutes ago and I bawled because when I get married, my mom isn't gonna be there because she is in heaven and neither is my boy's momma. This was a very sweet but sad video but I do enjoy watching it!

FORT Fan

My daughter and I are seeing Carrie in concert on Wednesday in Houston. Its our second time to see her. Yay!

Enjoy the show. Carrie is pulling out all the stops this time around. Her vocals are impeccible live. I'll be going on Friday the 22nd in Memphis.

Carrie sold out the Hollywood Bowl last night. Randy Travis surprised her when he walked on stage to join her on I Told You So & she brought her guitar playing buddy Orianthi out to jam on Last Name, the show ended with fireworks over the Bowl. All the tweets that came in during the show were just in awe of how good she is live. I would have given anything to have been able to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4075835;
    Carrie sold out the Hollywood Bowl last night.
    Videos from her concert

YouTube - Back2BackLakers2010's Channel

FORT Fan

We saw Carrie last Wednesday in Houston. She sang for 1:45 with a few minor breaks for costume changes. It was a phenomenal show! "How Great Thou Art" brought down the house and the set in the truck was great.

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan778;4082490;
    We saw Carrie last Wednesday in Houston. She sang for 1:45 with a few minor breaks for costume changes. It was a phenomenal show! "How Great Thou Art" brought down the house and the set in the truck was great.
    I think what always amazes me is that Carrie has some really tough songs in her show & yet she sings them every night & never misses.

The Jesus Take The Wheel/ How Great Thou Art song is just incredible. She had the stadium on it's feet during CMA Fest & that's a tough thing to do. Even tougher is to get an LA crowd on it's feet for a song such as that & the Hollywood Bowl gave her the longest & loudest Standing Ovation of her career. But, you should have been there the day she sang the song at her Fan Club Party. Just her & a couple of acoustic guitars. It was goose bump inducing & more than a few were brought to tears.

+ Reply to Thread