+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

I can't believe I get to scoop razorbacker on this! The CMT Music awards were announced and Carrie is up for 3 awards: Female Video of the Year, CMT Performance of the Year, and Video of the Year. Here are the rest of the nominations. CMT's 2010 Music Award Nominees

Thanks Unk,

These are all fan voted awards & I'd like to take this opoportunity to ask anyone reading this to help support Carrie. If not, look for Taylopr Swift & her hundred gazillion Facebook fans to sweep the awards. Besides, the fans of TS & Kellie Pickler, have in the past taken great pride in voting together against Carrie to keep her from winning even when TS or Ms. Pickler weren't nominated in the same category.

Here are a couple of nice vids from Carries show last night in Austin. In the second one she talks about her upcoming wedding (8 bridesmaids), winning Entertainer of the Year, & meeting this years Idols during Idol Gives Back (YES Big Mike picked her up).

Carrie Underwood Helping Dog Shelters

I hate Wheel Of Fortune, but Carrie was a part of it a couple of days ago. Check it out!

YouTube - Carrie Underwood - Wheel of Fortune

Joe Galante, the head of Arista Nashville & one of the biggest nabobs in Nashville has annonced his retirement. He was the head of the label that employs, Carrie, Brooks & Dunn, Brad Paisley, Martina McBride, Miranda Lambert, Kenny Chesney & so many others. Anyway, he recently gave an interview to Billboard & here are a couple of excerpts.

Galante recalled some of the acts that had the biggest impact under his guidance:

• Waylon Jennings was already in place at RCA when Galante, who was admittedly “not a fan” of country music, transferred from New York in 1973. Galante attended one of Jennings’ recording sessions, shifting the executive’s attitude. “It was eye-opening to me,” Galante said. “I could actually like this.”

• Keith Whitley, who died from alcohol poisoning just after earning his first two No. 1 hits, remains one of the heart-breaking segments of Galante’s tenure. During the Q&A, Galante steered his glance away from a monitor replaying a Whitley TV appearance and shook his head repeatedly. “I had no idea how many demons he had chasing him,” Galante said.

• “Independence Day,” Martina McBride’s 1994 single, marked a breakthrough in her career, though the single stalled at No. 12. The song, which dealt with domestic violence, was already in release when O.J. Simpson’s arrest brought the issue into the headlines. “If we hadn’t had the O.J. trial,” Galante suggested, “I don’t think we’d have made it to [No.] 18.”

• Kenny Chesney signed with RCA’s BNA label after releasing his first album on Capricorn. “We’ll fight like brothers,” Galante said. “It’s not always professional, [but it] ends up being great.”

• Carrie Underwood came onboard through Arista’s affiliation with “American Idol” creator Simon Fuller, who “tried to get her not to sing cowboy songs,” Galante noted. “She understands what this format is about,” he added. “She pays tribute to it on a regular basis.”

Over on Carries official site, she blogs. But some of her funniest things comes when she blogs as her dog Ace. This is the latest:

Yummy!!!
    05/18/10

Hello humans,

Today, I found something...it was small and white and smelled really yummy. Mommy must have dropped it out of her bag. So, naturally, I decided that it must be for me and there was just enough room in my tummy for this delicious-smelling treat! Mommy came back on the bus and found that I had eaten a big chunk out of this thing that she called "soap." She then yelled at me for a minute, then, like someone flipped a switch, she got all Mommy-like and started asking me if I felt "o-tay." How was I supposed to handle the situation? My motto is, "if it smells yummy, it goes in my tummy!" Never-the-less, Mommy called my doctor just to make sure I would be alright. I could hear the nurse laughing over the phone...But on the flipside...my breath now smells like a warm summer breeze!

woof, Ace

It has been confirmed that Carrie will be performing Undo It on the Finale next week.

Carrie is still getting incredible reviews from her concerts…like this one from Sacramento.

21Q: Concert review: Underwood's come a long way since 'Idol' days

Carrie Underwood makes a better case for "American Idol" than the show makes for itself these days.

The Fox TV staple has dipped in ratings and singing talent this season. But when talent and opportunity meet, "Idol" can create magic. It did in season 4, when Underwood won.

Sexy without being threatening, Underwood appeals to men and women. She can sing about Jesus and forgetting her last name via alcohol and convince you she knows a lot about both.

She understands showmanship, as she demonstrated Thursday night before a crowd of 9,500 at Arco Arena. She changed into multiple outfits offering various degrees of sparkle, and at one point sang John Denver's "Take Me Home, Country Roads" from the bed of a vintage pickup truck held by wires above the Arco crowd.

Underwood, 27, is the consummate pop star, even if she's labeled country. And she might never have made it had "Idol" not showcased the key to her success: that amazing voice.

On Thursday night, she brought equal vocal power to ballads such as "So Small," from her 2007 CD "Carnival Ride," and up-tempo songs such as "Undo It," from her current release, "Play On."

Like many Underwood ballads, "So Small" sets up the singer for an "Idol"-style knockout via stretched-out notes. The effect was chill-inducing, yet not as interesting as "Undo It." On that rock anthem, Underwood's lung power was brassier and richer and her phrasing more R&B than rock or country.

In other words, she can do anything. Except dance, maybe? Underwood moved some on stage, but the show's more dynamic moments came from wires, hydraulics and video screens. Then again, changing high heels so many times during a concert can make it hard to find one's footing.

"I am only going to change clothes about 15 more times," Underwood joked to the audience around outfit No. 6. Good-natured and down to Earth, Underwood continually referred to her time on "Idol" and how clueless she was back then.

Five years and three hit albums later, Underwood is far from clueless. On Thursday night, it was easy to imagine a time when she will have been so successful for so long that she need not mention "Idol" at all.

But she probably will mention it anyway, because she's such a pro.

Carrie has set up a fund to help the homeless in Nashville. Here is the PSA.

YouTube - Temporary Home Fund-Carrie Underwood and ACM Lifting Lives

Exactly 5 years ago today, May 25, 2005, Carrie wins American Idol 4 & Country Music's newest Superstar is born.

+ Reply to Thread