+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Carrie was the first artist confirmed for CMA Music Fest, she was announced last week all by herself. Now they are adding others. It’ll be my 5th year to attend.

2010 CMA Music Festival to feature Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, others | tennessean.com | The Tennessean

2010 CMA Music Festival to feature Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, others

Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban, Reba McEntire, Brad Paisley, Martina McBride, Darius Rucker, Lady Antebellum and the Zac Brown Band will perform in nightly spotlight performances at the 2010 CMA Music Festival, which takes place in downtown Nashville on June 10-13.

Three of the nine didn't hit the big stage at LP Field last year: Underwood signed autographs in the Exhibit Hall but did not sing; Urban last performed in 2008 as a surprise act; and Rascal Flatts was scheduled for a 2009 performance, but it fell through when rain delays pushed their set too close to departure time for their next concert.

The other six scheduled artists will be back on the main stage for at least the second straight year.

Musicians donate their time for the festival, with half of the net proceeds over the past three years going to support Metro Nashville Public Schools through the Keep The Music Playing program. More than $3 million has been raised thus far for music education through this CMA/Metro Nashville Public Schools collaboration, with the 2009 festival raising $1,066,632.

"It has had a tremendous impact," said Olivia Brown, Metro Nashville's communications director. "Students involved in music and arts education do better academically, they stay in school and they graduate, and research bears this out. The CMA has allowed us to provide instruments, material and resources for our music programs at a time when some of these things are outside the realm of the budget for the school district."

Many more CMA Music Festival performers and participants will be announced in the coming months.

Tickets are available now, with four-day ticket prices ranging from $110 to $185. To buy tickets, call 1-800-CMA-FEST (262-3378). Fans also can download an order form to fax or mail through PLAY ON with Carrie @ 2010 CMA Music Festival. Tickets also can be bought at Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site or by calling 1-800-745-3000.

Check out this youtube video of the crowd in Denver singing Carries Last Name..Search the following.

American Idol 2010 season Denver auditions group song Carrie underwood-last name

Carrie is practicing for her tour. This tweet from one of her band members points to great things & high expectations.

Chad Jeffers (ChadJeffers) on Twitter @nogoodguitarpkr @ChadJeffers Who's "we"?--> The Carrie Underwood Tour 2010!! It is an amazing show!!! I've never seen anything like it!!

The annual Country Radio Seminar was this weekend in Nashville. The party/concert on the General Lee is always a highlight. Here is a report from CMT on the show. Looks like Carrie was the highlight & she was presented with a plaque for 20 million digital downloads (photo at the link)

CMT : News : Sony Music Nashville's Nautical Follies Add Rocker Bryan Adams to the Musical Mix

Sony Music Nashville again made itself the talk of the Country Radio Seminar Thursday night (Feb. 25) with a damn-the-expense blowout on the General Jackson showboat that featured performances by Brooks & Dunn, Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Kellie Pickler, Josh Thompson and surprise guest Bryan Adams.

Approximately 700 guests attended the floating bacchanal, most of them in town for the annual radio broadcasters' confab that closes Friday evening (Feb. 26) with the New Faces Show.

The "boat show," as it has come to be known, is the one event of the three-day gathering that no one can walk away from since the General Jackson cruises on Nashville's Cumberland River during the more than three hours it takes to stage the opulent dinner and concert.

"Welcome to Alcatraz," beamed Paisley as he strode onstage to get the music started. "We're all on this rock."

Appropriately, he opened with "Water," which just happens to be his new single.

He joked with the radio people about his relative inaccessibility since he's become a star: "I may not give interviews or talk to you anymore, but I haven't forgot you."

Paisley then closed his segment with "She's Her Own Woman." But he would be back.

Pickler was up next. Dressed in form-fitting black, her hair blond again and sporting a neckline that plunged into the front row, the singer told the crowd that one of her great delights was getting to meet and share a stage with Loretta Lynn.

"I'm a big sucker for the classics," Pickler asserted and straightaway proceeded to demonstrate that point by belting out Lynn's truculent "You Ain't Woman Enough." Her finale was her new single, "Makin' Me Fall in Love Again."

Newcomer Thompson sang "Sinner" and the title song from his debut album, Way Out Here, which was released this week. Lambert sang harmony for him on the latter number. The crowd awarded him some of the loudest applause of the evening.

Lambert eased into her set with the contemplative "The House That Built Me," her new single that debuted this week on the Billboard country chart. Then she moved into her familiar combative mode with "White Liar."

To wrap things up, she summoned Underwood to her side to help her rock the waters with a suitably frenetic version of Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Travelin' Band." It was just a hint of the vocal fireworks to come.

Paisley returned to the stage to announce he would soon be filming a music video for "Water" and to ask radio programmers to invite their listeners to send in their funniest home videos involving water, the best of which would be included in Paisley's clip.

Underwood's star power was evident as dozens of the normally blasé radio folk clustered near the stage to take photos and videos when she came out to sing. Her set consisted of the tearful "Temporary Home" and the finger-wagging "Undo It." During the event, Sony Music executives presented Underwood with a plaque commemorating 20 million digital transactions worldwide.

Brooks & Dunn, fresh from receiving a career achievement award Tuesday (Feb. 23) from Country Radio Broadcasters, had the audience up and cheering as soon as their name was announced.

The duo barreled through "Honky Tonk Stomp" and "Play Something Country" before Ronnie Dunn made what appeared to be a passing remark about some guy hanging around backstage. That guy, as it turned out, was Adams, who promptly trotted front and center to lead the duo in a spirited rendition of his 1985 hit, "Summer of '69." The much-awarded duo then retired from the stage to let Adams do a solo turn on "Run to You."

(Rock endings have become a trademark of Sony's boat shows. Last year's non-country guests were John Kay of Steppenwolf and Peter Frampton.)

Adams called Paisley out to provide some harmony and guitar dazzle on "Cuts Like a Knife." Upon Paisley's exit, Underwood came back to trade vocal lines and go attitude for attitude with Adams on "It's Only Love," his 1985 recording with Tina Turner.

Turner would have been proud of her stand-in.

The General Jackson nudged into the dock just as the last notes faded away.

Around the 1:30 mark in this video is Carrie & Miranda on stage together. They are rockin hard!

YouTube - CRS 10

Tonight is Carries episode of How I Met Your Mother. The reveiews have been really good, includig the one writers of the show that said they were very on the fence about her, until she showed up & was so good they went back to write more lines for her. Almost every review so far has ended with the sentiment that she definitely could have a career as an actress.

ACM Nominations were announced today, Carrie is up for 6.

Underwood, the ACM's reigning entertainer of the year, is again nominated in the category. She's also nominated as an artist and composer (with Mike Elizondo and Brett James) for song of the year for "Cowboy Casanova." Her collaboration with Randy Travis on "I Told You So" resulted in a nomination for vocal event of the year. Additionally, she's nominated for top female vocalist and album of the year (for Play On). She has been named the ACM's top female vocalist for the three consecutive years.

Carries Birthday is Wednesday & her tour begins on Thursday. Sounds like it’s going to be pretty intense.

Carrie Underwood's 'hush-hush' secret: Tour crew assembles stage, spends big bucks in Mobile | al.com

Carrie Underwood's 'hush-hush' secret: Tour crew assembles stage, spends big bucks in Mobile

Carrie Underwood has left the building. But she did leave something behind: Quite a few paychecks.

The "American Idol" winner and country music superstar spent a few days in Mobile as part of a two-week effort in which a small army assembled the staging for her brand-new tour. A wagon train of about a dozen semi trucks left Mobile on Saturday evening, heading for the tour premiere Thursday in Reading, Pa.

The proceedings at the Civic Center weren't publicized. In fact, they were kept under tight wraps, and publicists for Underwood and Sony Music Nashville had no comment.

A reporter who visited the venue late last week wasn't allowed to observe the events occurring inside. All that could be heard in the Civic Center's office suite was the start-stop rumble of rehearsals behind tightly closed doors.

"It's been very hush-hush," said Mary Lee McCrory, marketing manager for the venue, adding that she had been deflecting inquiries as rumors gradually spread that a star might be in town.

The downside of the secrecy, for Civic Center managers, was that they couldn't draw attention to the fact that the two-week rehearsal deal was a profitable one for the venue and the city in general.

"It's more of an impact to the facility than a one-night, sold-out concert," said Civic Center Manager Jay Hagerman.

Hagerman said that Underwood's road crew, consisting of about 40 people, arrived in Mobile on Feb. 21 and started moving gear into the Civic Center the next day.

They were assisted by about 80 professional riggers, stage hands and loaders hired from the Mobile, Pensacola and Biloxi areas, Hagerman said. That many people didn't work every day, he said, but the venue's catering staff provided three meals a day for an average of 50 or 60.

Underwood herself arrived last week on Wednesday afternoon.

Counting hotel rooms, local hires and the arena rental itself, Hagerman said he figured that the touring operation spent at least half a million dollars in Mobile. He even described that figure as a conservative estimate.

Hagerman managed large-scale tours himself in the '70s and early '80s, for musicians such as Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney and Wings, Bob Dylan and the Bee Gees. He said that aspects of Underwood's show topped them all.

"The technology is beyond anything I've ever seen," he said. "The clarity of the sound system is unbelievable."

He added, "This building has never sounded better."

Will Underwood's local fans get a chance to hear that for themselves? Mobile doesn't have a spring date on Underwood's "Play On" tour, and that's mainly because it's scheduled to hit the Pensacola Civic Center on May 5.

But Hagerman said he's hoping to book a date on the fall leg of the tour, although it could be weeks before anything is confirmed. Underwood has headlined the Mobile arena before, in June 2008.

Hagerman said that Underwood and her managers had good reasons to keep the rehearsals quiet.

They were here to work, he said, and they didn't care to see videos of tour highlights leaking onto YouTube. "It has to be a big surprise on that opening night," he said. "The whole point is making a big debut."

For the Civic Center, though, Hagerman said that the rehearsals were something to brag about -- and possibly a taste of other quiet, but lucrative, paydays for Mobile. "We hope it's the start of getting some more things like this," he said.

Underwood flying high as "Play On Tour" starts - Yahoo! News

Underwood flying high as "Play On Tour" starts

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – After selling more than a million tickets to her last concert tour, Carrie Underwood is aiming higher this time.

Really high. She plans to fly over the audience, for starters.

"We're kind of going for broke on this one just because I feel like it's time," Underwood said in an interview this week. "At this point, the only thing it's about is putting on a great show and we're going out with that in mind. I definitely think we have delivered."

Underwood's "Play On Tour" opens Thursday in Reading, Pa., with more than 50 dates in the United States and Canada planned through June.

The former "American Idol" winner, who turned 27 on Wednesday, wanted to follow the success of her third platinum-selling album, "Play On," with something dynamite for her fans. She's set a record with 11 straight No. 1 country singles and now feels she has a set list meaty enough to support something spectacular.

"As far as things getting bigger, it's just that — the stage is bigger, there are more lights, there's more tricks up our sleeve," Underwood said. "We have a lot of moving parts on the stage. I kind of get to fly over the audience. It's really cool. It's just a lot of stuff. My band's great, wardrobe's great. It's just more. It's all of the bells and whistles and sprinkles on the cupcake."

Underwood made 137 stops on her 2008 tour to support "Carnival Ride." More than 1.2 million fans attended, putting her in elite company.

Her "Play On" proves her elite status as well. The album opened at No. 1 and has so far sold more than 1.3 million copies, bringing her to more than 11 million albums sold since 2005.

Those are all heady numbers, but as she's grown more successful Underwood says she's learned to let go of the statistics.

"I remember in the beginning it was like, 'How many did I sell this week? How many people are going to be here?'" Underwood said. "It was all about numbers and to be honest now I don't even look at anything because I'm happy. When I see numbers it either makes me happy or brings me down. I'd rather just be happy and leave it at that."

Underwood is taking a similar Zen-like approach with planning her wedding to Mike Fisher of the NHL's Ottawa Senators. Trying to plan a tour and wedding at the same time could be overwhelming, but Underwood's not stressing. She's more than happy to step aside when it comes to minutiae.

"Have you ever been to a wedding where you thought how awful the tablecloths were? Probably not," Underwood said. "You probably don't even remember the tablecloths. Why get stressed out about little things like that? But I do have a planner and she knows that she's going to be making a lot of decisions on her own. If you give me choice A, B or C, I can pick one, but I don't care."

The couple got engaged shortly before Christmas and have set a date that they hope to keep private. Underwood says they haven't even told family and friends in an effort to keep unwelcome cameras away.

"Not to say even anybody would care to show up, but just in case," Underwood said. "Like anybody you deserve to get married and have a great day as people. I'm not going to be Carrie Underwood the entertainer walking down the aisle. I'm just Carrie and I'm going to marry Mike. I feel like that's kind of a right everybody deserves to have."

Carries tour began last night in Pa.. Here’s a photo of her flying over the crowd in the back of a pickup..

And here is the review…

Concert review: High-tech mixes with country at Carrie Underwood show in Sovereign Center

Originally Published: 3/12/2010
    Concert review: High-tech mixes with country at Carrie Underwood show in Sovereign Center

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Jon Fassnacht
    Reading Eagle

A day after celebrating her birthday, Carrie Underwood did what most people do to mark the occasion - she launched a world tour.

And what better place than Reading, which is seemingly becoming a hub of sorts for many of today's top country acts.

On Thursday night the former "American Idol" winner treated a packed Sovereign Center to a high-tech show in support of last year's "Play On."

There were very few notable glitches, impressive for a show as involved as this one was. The only distraction was a frequent loud pop from Underwood's mic.

The nearly-two-hour show leaned heavily on the new album, with most of the songs from "Play On" played on stage. The new material was much more rock-based than her earlier songs. "Cowboy Casanova" opened the show with a thunderous strut, while "Undo It" was pure arena rock, riding a "We Will Rock You" beat and featuring a "na-na-na-na" chorus.

But the music was only a small portion of the show. Nearly every song featured something extra for the crowd to absorb.

Underwood led the charge, changing outfits no fewer than four times and utilizing a variety of set pieces and mic stands scattered across the stage.

"I know you're wondering 'Where is she going next?' " she joked. "Are any more clothes coming off?"

Underwood sang "This Is Just a Dream," while on a rope swing. "I Told You So" was a virtual duet with Randy Travis at the Grand Old Opry. "Change" featured a dress that included its own light show.

And John Denver's "Take Me Home, Country Roads" was sung in the bed of a blue pickup truck, which was suspended on wires and hoisted over the audience.

"No, you're not seeing things," Underwood said while looking down on a sea of camera flashes. "I'm in a giant blue truck in the air."

Even the eight-piece backing band got in the act, as their risers frequently took them from one side of the stage to the other.

If that weren't enough, screens behind the stage transported the crowd to Las Vegas, an old warehouse, a carnival, a stream in the woods - whatever fit the song's subject.

And for the second time in a little over a month, Bryan Adams' "Summer of '69" was covered on the Sovereign Center stage. Underwood's version followed Martina McBride's take in late January. If Elton John breaks it out next month, there's something going on.

Although she shied away from talking about her birthday, the crowd made sure she knew they were aware.

A trio of fans in the front rows held up a sign wishing Underwood a happy 26th birthday - she actually just turned 27, but the sentiment was there - and the crowd serenaded her with an impromptu rendition of "Happy Birthday" late in the show.

Craig Morgan warmed up for Underwood, and immediately after taking the stage made quite the pronouncement: "We came to rock!"

And he and his quintet did a bit of it, but most of his 30 minutes on stage featured the Tennessee native strumming an acoustic guitar and singing mid-tempo songs.

His most notable break from the mold was set closer "International Harvester," quite possibly the only song to celebrate slow-moving tractors clogging up the roads.

Opening the show was Sons of Sylvia, a trio of brothers whose style of music was more alternative rock than country. The group, whose brief set went over quite well with the ladies, also joined Underwood during her new song "What Can I Say."

+ Reply to Thread