+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3765844;
    The first leg of Carries next tour. For those fans of the Clark Brothers, here’s a chance to see them as well.

CMT : News : Carrie Underwood Announces Dates for 2010 Play On Tour

Carrie Underwood Announces Dates for 2010 Play On Tour
    Craig Morgan, Sons of Sylvia Are Her Special Guests in 45 Cities
    December 10, 2009; Written by Craig Shelburne

Carrie UnderwoodCarrie Underwood has announced a 45-city tour in 2010 to support her latest album, Play On. With dates in the U.S. and Canada, the first leg of the itinerary begins March 11 in Reading, Pa., and concludes May 30 in Spokane, Wash. She will be joined by Craig Morgan as well as Sons of Sylvia, a band formerly known as the Clark Brothers, who also collaborated with Underwood on Play On.
    This is a little OT...I appreciate Carrie's talent and contribution to the music industry, but I haven't been able to determine if her collaboration with Sons of Sylvia is because the brothers' music is going in the direction of commercial country-pop (nooooooooooo ) or if this is something orchestrated by 19E. It is virtually impossible to find any new, original SOS music on the internet. The only song that's available besides the Underwood duet is "This Little Light Of Mine". If that's the *new direction* they're heading towards, then sign me up to buy their CD. I'm really puzzled as to why their new stuff is such a heavily guarded secret, and I'm losing patience waiting for a CD release.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

AJane, to the best of my knowledge SOS still has not released any music. They were chosen to accompany Carrie due in large part because Ashley was her first fiddle player & she still has a great relationship with him. Ashley has filled in on some of Carries gigs to cover the absence of other musicians before. I believe that even though only the first stage of the tour has been announced they will be a part of the entire thing. I think Arista & Carrie are going to give these guys a huge boost when the tour begins & then I would expect to see new music from them. I think this is a great thing for Carrie to do & I would not be at all surprised for them or at least Ashley to joinn her on stage for the duet.

Razor, I forgot that Ashley had played with Carrie in the past...that explains the collaboration. I'm just miffed because I'd read that SOS was to release a CD in mid-January 2010, and there's still no sign of it. It's been ages since TNGAB and I am very anxious to hear their new material. If Carrie's tour came through my town and SOS was doing their own set, I'd be going to the show.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3804051;
    Razor, I forgot that Ashley had played with Carrie in the past...that explains the collaboration. I'm just miffed because I'd read that SOS was to release a CD in mid-January 2010, and there's still no sign of it. It's been ages since TNGAB and I am very anxious to hear their new material. If Carrie's tour came through my town and SOS was doing their own set, I'd be going to the show.
    I'm sure you haven't heard Carries new album, but Ashley has a duet on the album with Carrie called What Can I Say, the other brothers play on the song.

Also, SOS will be doing their own set on the tour. I would presume 20 minutes & as I said before, I would expect to see them join Carrie for at least What Can I Say.

If you decide to go see them on this tour, I can advise you to act when tickets go on sale. The 45 shows announced so far are down to either single tickets or pairs in the nether regions. Carrie can move some tickets.

On the set of How I Met Your Mother.

FORT Fogey

Watch out, Carrie!

Carrie just blogged on her fan club site, she had lots of stuff to say including info on the tour, the MJ tribute during the Grammy's & getting fitted for clothes for the tour. But here is what she had to say about the HIMYM appearance:

The cast and crew for HIMYM were so awesome and nice! They made me feel right at home and were super patient and great with me and my lack of experience! Here are some of the highlights...I got to hang out with the whole cast, dress up like a flight attendant, play a cavewoman and had a baby pig poop on me...that's right...jealous? I'm just glad I grew up on a farm because I think I was the only one who knew how to hold and wasn't afraid of a little piglet! And those are just a few of the fun things that I got to do!

Pig poop....nice!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3804124;
    I'm sure you haven't heard Carries new album, but Ashley has a duet on the album with Carrie called What Can I Say, the other brothers play on the song.

Also, SOS will be doing their own set on the tour. I would presume 20 minutes & as I said before, I would expect to see them join Carrie for at least What Can I Say.

If you decide to go see them on this tour, I can advise you to act when tickets go on sale. The 45 shows announced so far are down to either single tickets or pairs in the nether regions. Carrie can move some tickets.
    I did hear the duet on my fruitless search for their new material. It would be nice to be able to take my whole family to the show if it comes our way...my husband and my girls like Carrie.

Carrie & Mike made their first ever public appearance together last night at the Ottawa Senators annual charity event. They helped to raise over $300,000. Apparantely People magazine was on hand & donated $50,000 for the rights to publish the first photos of the two together. Someone in the background was heard to say, “If you want to know where Carrie Underwood is, just look for the glow of the cameras. Here’s are a couple of nice photos of them together. She is obviously smitten.

How Bout This!!!

Underwood to sing National Anthem at Super Bowl XLIV

Posted 11 minutes ago

Underwood to sing National Anthem at Super Bowl XLIV

Carrie Underwood will sing the National Anthem and Queen Latifah will sing "America the Beautiful" as part of Super Bowl XLIV pregame festivities at Sun Life Stadium in South Florida on Sunday, Feb. 7, the NFL and CBS announced Thursday. The performance will be televised live on CBS Sports prior to kickoff.

Carrie Underwood is a four-time Grammy Award winner.

More than 151 million viewers in the U.S. watched last year's Super Bowl, the most-watched television program in history. The pregame show and Super Bowl XLIV will be broadcast worldwide in more than 230 countries and territories.

Underwood is among many great performers who have been honored with singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl including: Billy Joel, Diana Ross, Neil Diamond, Whitney Houston, Harry Connick, Jr., Garth Brooks, Natalie Cole, Vanessa Williams, Luther Vandross, Cher, Faith Hill, Mariah Carey, Dixie Chicks, Beyoncé Knowles, Jennifer Hudson and many more.

A four-time Grammy Award winner, a member of the Grand Ole Opry, the 2009 Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year, and three-time CMA and ACM Female Vocalist winner, Carrie Underwood has amassed more than 11 million in U.S. album sales since her debut CD in 2005, more than any other American Idol winner. Along the way, she has consistently broken new ground and became the first country artist in history to achieve 11 consecutive No. 1 singles. Underwood's North American 2010 headline tour, "Play On Tour," will launch in March.

A musician, actress, a label president, an author and entrepreneur, Queen Latifah is a Grammy Award and Golden Globe Award-winning artist as well as an Emmy and Academy Award nominee.

Queen Latifah joins Vicki Carr (Super Bowl XI), Ray Charles (Super Bowl XXXV), Mary J. Blige and Marc Anthony (Super Bowl XXXVI), Alicia Keys (Super Bowl XXXIX) and Faith Hill (Super Bowl XLIII) as the only artists to perform the song at the Super Bowl.

The NFL previously announced that The Who will perform in the Bridgestone Super Bowl XLIV Halftime Show.

The pregame and halftime shows are an NFL Network Production and will be executive produced by Ricky Kirshner.

+ Reply to Thread