+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Well, this is pretty random, but pretty cool as well.

Shoshone News Press - Online Newspaper - North Idaho

On Christmas Eve, Shalisa Smith was surprised to receive a new car for her and her son.
    Silver Auto Collision & Towing found a repossessed Geo Metro and decided to fix it up and give it to a family that needed it. Shalisa was chosen because of the persuasive letter her mother submitted. The Metro is a two-door car and a great size for her and her son.

Shalisa had told Bret Allen, owner of Silver Auto, "I'm not used to carrying keys. My other car, we used needle-nose pliers to start it."

Shalisa had no idea that she had even been considered for the car. So, to surprise her even more, her family all showed up to see the look on her face.

"I thought it was an intervention. I thought ... hmm ... I've seen this on TV before," Shalisa told her family after seeing the car.

Bret and Michelle Allen, Chris Stovern, and Jason Evenson all helped to get the car in good running condition. Every year they give away a car as part of their relief program.

The next car that they will be giving away will be in January. Bret is looking for some more suggestions of someone who might need a new car for their family.

"Carrie Underwood put out a song that said you're just a fool if you think one thing can't change the world and that's what we're trying to do,” Bret explained. "We want to inspire others to do better for other people."

From People Magazine.

Carrie Underwood to Appear on How I Met Your Mother - PEOPLE TV Watch

Carrie Underwood to Appear on How I Met Your Mother - PEOPLE TV Watch

It’s been a winter of milestones for Carrie Underwood!

First, the country singer got engaged to hunky hockey player Mike Fisher. Next, she will make her acting debut on an upcoming episode of How I Met Your Mother.

Underwood will play Tiffany, an enigmatic pharmaceutical sales rep and love interest for Ted (played by Josh Radnor), in an episode scheduled to air in March.

The CBS comedy series celebrates its 100th episode on Jan. 11, when Stacy Keibler will join the show as a guest. That milestone will also mark the beginning of a guest arch for Rachel Bilson, who may or may not be The One.

FORT Fogey

I was hoping Carrie might be "The One"!

For anyone that didn't hear, Carrie won the Peoples Choice Award for Favorite Country Artist last night. There are some nice photos out there of her sitting in the audience between Nicole Kidman (with hubby Keith Urban looking on) & Hugh Laurie.

Carrie to perform for Brooks & Dunn.
    Reba McEntire To Host 45th Annual ACM Awards, ACM To Honor Brooks & Dunn - Country Music Is Love
    Reba McEntire will return as the host of the 45th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards live from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. This marks the McEntire’s 12th time host the show! To date, Reba has won 12 Academy of Country Music Awards, including the first-ever annual Academy of Country Music/The Home Depot Humanitarian Award for her outstanding philanthropic work.
    “No one does it better than Reba McEntire,” said Orly Adelson, president of dick clark productions and executive producer of the awards. “She always brings spunk and personality to the show and we are honored to have the Queen of country music back to host the Awards for the 12th time.” (We can’t agree more!)
    The day after the ACM Awards Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn of Brooks & Dunn will receive the Academy’s Milestone Award in recognition of their 20-year record-breaking career during a tribute concert special, ACM Presents: Brooks & Dunn – The Last Rodeo. They will be honored for holding the record for the most wins of any artist in the Academy’s history with 26 awards in total, including three Entertainer of the Year awards. They will also be honored for holding the record for most Top Vocal Duo wins, with 15 awards, eight of which are consecutive from 2000-2007.
    Artists already scheduled to perform at the taping include superstars Kenny Chesney, Reba McEntire, Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban, with many more to be announced soon.“Brooks & Dunn have defined country music for twenty years,” said Bob Romeo, Executive Director of the Academy of Country Music. “With this all-star concert tribute, the Academy is honored to recognize Kix and Ronnie for their contributions to the country music industry, fans and to all the artists they have helped get a break in this business.”

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I am so excited. Carrie is coming to my town to perform and my hubby surprised me on Christmas morning with 6th row tickets. He knew that I always wanted to see her, but am too cheap to buy the tickets LOL.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Cowboy Casanova has been certified as Gold, which is pretty weird timing considering it is less than 35K from Platinum. Carnival Ride has finally gotten the Triple Platinum certification.

For now this has to go into the major RUMOR category....but Kevin Sorbo just tweeted the following about his next movie role:

Another: name of movie is 'soul surfer'. touching story. i will be starring with dennis quaid, helen hunt, carrie underwood, anna sophia robb.

Grammys will stage 3-D tribute to Michael Jackson - Yahoo! News

Carrie to perform on Grammys as part of Michael Jackson tribute

NEW YORK – The Grammys are staging an unprecedented tribute in honor of Michael Jackson.

The Jan. 31 broadcast will feature a never-before-seen 3-D clip Jackson made for his hit "Earth Song." The announcement was made Tuesday by the Recording Academy.
    The clip was to be part of Jackson's London comeback shows last year. It will be accompanied by a performance featuring Carrie Underwood, Celine Dion, Usher, Jennifer Hudson and Smokey Robinson.
    Jackson died June 25 in Los Angeles.
    The 52nd annual Grammy Awards will air live from the Staples Center in Los Angeles on CBS.

Play On has been Certified Platinum this morning. Carrie becomes the first Idol to have 3 albums to have scanned over a million.

+ Reply to Thread