+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Billboard Magazine has just named Some Hearts as the Country album of the decade....

And for those of you that get GAC on your TV, they will finally be televising Carrie's last appearance on the Grand Ol Opry. The show also stars Martina McBride among others & will air tomorrow night.

Due to the successes of rereleased & remastered material from the Beatles & Michael Jackson, Billboard magazine made some changes in the reporting of their Top 200 albums. Both The Beatles & MJ's output prior to the changes were to old to get into the Top 200. Therefore, the change was made to more accurately reflect what was actually selling & therefore no matter how old an album is, if it sellls enough units, it will once again appear on the chart. This new rule has made it possible for the reappearance of Some Hearts & now all 3 of Carries albums are in the Top 200 this week.

Play On: #5
    Carnival Ride: #182 (+14)
    Some Hearts: #184 (Re-entry)

Rumors are swirling pretty heavily & are being confirmed by various sources (not Carrie or Mike Fisher yet) but it seems that these two may have become engaged over the weekend. Notes from Mike to a couple of his buddies say he finally convinced Carrie to marry him.

Mike Fisher confirmed the engagement this morning at his teams skate around & Carrie's publicist Jessie Schmidt has just issued an official "Yep they are engaged" press release. No date has been set.

From the Nashville paper, The Tennessean.

The Tennessean

Country superstar Carrie Underwood is engaged to professional hockey player Mike Fisher.

Underwood's publicist confirmed the engagement with us this morning, adding that "the couple couldn’t be happier."

Fisher popped the question in Ottawa yesterday — reportedly in the company of his close family and friends — though no details about the proposal have officially been shared.

The Ottawa Citizen caught Fisher on the ice ahead of a hockey game in Ottawa today, where he confirmed the engagement:

"It's true," Fisher said. "We're both obviously excited and very happy and so, exciting times for sure."

A date has not been set for the wedding. Fisher and Underwood began dating in 2008.

Asked by The Associated Press last month what Underwood's family thought of Fisher, the 26-year-old singer said they were supportive.

"They love me and I would hope my parents would think we raised a good, smart girl, so she's going to do the right thing no matter what it is," she said.

Days before the CMA Awards in early November, Underwood did not know whether she would be spending the holidays with Fisher.

"Christmas, I don't know. We haven't really thought that far ahead. We kind of take it one week at a time," she said then.

Underwood has kept her relationship largely under wraps, but she gave Fisher a very public shout-out in the liner notes of her current album, "Play On," that was released Nov. 3. She wrote, "Thank you (No.) 12 (referring to his jersey number.) You are the most amazing addition to my life! You are such a wonderful person and have had such an amazing hand in the building of this album and in the growth of me as a person. I love you so much! You make my life better in every way!"

Well that answer regarding her parents is a bit worrisome, isn't it.. or at the very least, awkward? Sounds like her parents think it's probably a bit quick to get married, or else wouldn't she respond with something along the lines of her parents thinking he's a great guy?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Carrie seems to like the ring. Here she is at Mikes game last night..

The fans seem to approve as well.

Last edited by razorbacker; 12-22-2009 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3774913;
    Well that answer regarding her parents is a bit worrisome, isn't it.. or at the very least, awkward? Sounds like her parents think it's probably a bit quick to get married, or else wouldn't she respond with something along the lines of her parents thinking he's a great guy?
    Maybe this will help some.

Mike Fisher - The Latest

Fisher engaged to Carrie Underwood
    Posted: December 21, 2009

Mike Fisher confirmed reports today that he and country superstar Carrie Underwood are engaged.

Fisher proposed to the 26-year-old singer Sunday afternoon at his Ottawa home. The two have extremely busy schedules and Fisher took advantage of an off-day with the Ottawa Senators to pop the question.

"We're both very excited," Fisher said. "These are exciting times. We'd been talking about this and we're both really happy."

While the couple haven't set a date yet, they do plan to marry sometime this summer.

The two met in October 2008 and started dating in January of 2009.

Fisher admits he asked Underwood's father, Stephen, for his daughter's hand in marriage and was pleased to have earned his permission.

The couple have garnered much media attention over the past year, but are hoping to keep details of their upcoming nuptials as private as possible.

I really like Mike Fisher.
    He was wonderful to a little terminally ill lad, Elgin Fraser, who was a fan of the Sens a couple of years back.
    The child died and Fisher and Chris Phillips were pallbearers at his funeral.

Mike and Carrie don't seem like a well-suited couple to me.
    Some people look right together, others don't.
    To me, these two don't.
    Hopefully they'll be very happy together though
    "That's Numberwang!"

On the Country Charts this morning there are only 2 non Christmas songs in the Top 50 with a positive spincrease. Carrie's Temporary Home & the new one from the Zac Brown band. All the other Country songs are showing negative. Everything should go back to normal in the next couple of days though.

+ Reply to Thread