+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Carries By Invitation Only will finally be aired on CMT on the night of Dec. 1. From folks that were there, this was a truly great show.

There is a nice photo at the link.

NashvilleGab - Nashville news and country music gossip: Carrie Underwood's Home Sweet Home pays off big time

Carrie Underwood's Home Sweet Home pays off big time

Carrie Underwood had promised to donate the proceeds from her single Home Sweet Home to the Humane Society and recently she did just that.

According to MusicRow.com Carrie along with 19 Recordings and Sony Music Nashville donated $200,000 to The Humane Society of the United States, the proceeds from Carrie's American Idol send-away song.

The cats and dogs thank you Miss Underwood.

Nice review of Carries show last night in Chicago.

CMT : News : Carrie Underwood's Big Voice Fills a Chicago Bar
    Carrie Underwood's Big Voice Fills a Chicago Bar
    ______________________________ __________
    Quote:
    CHICAGO -- Carrie Underwood never had to play for tip jars. She never had to take gigs in honky-tonks, bars and clubs on her way to the top. Her journey to superstardom brought her down a different path than most country stars. And yet, she looked so very much at home onstage at a small bar here Thursday night (Dec. 3).

She kept the standing-room-only crowd of about 900 at Joe's Bar thoroughly engaged for about an hour with a mix of songs and stories and even some genuine self-deprecating humor. Like when she forgot a few words on "Mama's Song," a track from her new album, she remarked that she may forget a few lyrics from time to time but at least she wasn't lip-synching. She even offered to just make up new words. "But I don't want to make you guys envious of my rap skills," she laughed.

And with each new song she introduced, Underwood let even more of her personality shine through. On "Last Name," she told the audience, "I have little girls come up to me all the time and go, 'Do you really not know your last name?'" Regarding her new single, "Temporary Home," she put things in perspective by saying of the heaven-bound ballad, "This is such a great song for this time of year -- to remind us all of why we're here."

But she knew enough to open the show with a rowdy rocker, "Flat on the Floor," to show the fans that while she fits in at arenas, awards-show stages and chandeliered theaters, she can nail this bar thing, too.

Even her outfit was, for her, a dressed-down, casual style. After seeing Underwood in her recent "Cowboy Casanova" glittery short shorts and in her cascading burgundy dress from the ACM Awards, watching her perform in the comfort of jeans, boots, a yellow tank top and a boyfriend blazer was a welcome change of pace. And while she occasionally picks up a guitar during her live shows, all she did was sing Thursday night. Which, with a voice as pure and powerful as hers, was more than OK with the crowd of enthusiastic Underwood fans. With every note she sang, she proved that the size of the room you are playing is almost irrelevant. Talent is talent, no matter where you are doing the singing.

Her 12-song set was a nice breather from her recent string of television appearances, including Good Morning America, The Ellen DeGeneres Show and The Late Show With David Letterman. She was admiring the dense crowd and said how nice it was to play a real show for a real group of fans, as opposed to a tiny studio audience.

This audience was a new breed for Underwood. With the bar's 21-and-over rule, there were no little girls and no screaming teenagers, so there was no one for Underwood to bring up onstage to sing "All-American Girl" with her. But she told a story about how one of the last times she did that, which was actually at another Chicago show in August, the girl had a bit of stage fright and refused to sing.

Underwood was more than capable of doing that song on her own. Her vocals never seem to falter. In fact, it sounds as if she gets better with every tune she sings. New ones, like "Undo It" and "Cowboy Casanova," felt every bit the hits that older ones, including "Wasted," "Jesus, Take the Wheel," "So Small" and "Just a Dream" did.

She closed the show with the cheatin' song that made country fans out of so many people -- "Before He Cheats." But for the fans who didn't get to see her at Joe's Bar, she'll be hosting Carrie Underwood: An All-Star Holiday Special, a two-hour variety program airing Monday (Dec. 7) on the Fox network.

Don't forget Carries All Star Holiday Special airs tonight on FOX>

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3763472;
    Don't forget Carries All Star Holiday Special airs tonight on FOX>
    yeah, I'm excited about it.

A good early review of tonights show.

Carrie Underwood: An All-Star Holiday Special Early Review

Carrie Underwood: An All-Star Holiday Special Early Review
    By Jason J. Hughes: 2009-12-07 10:13:38 Share |

In anticipation of the holiday season, FOX gifted to me a sneak peek of tonight's Carrie Underwood: An All-Star Holiday Special. While I didn't get the full two-hour experience, I was afforded the opportunity to see several of the musical numbers, and exactly one comedy sketch. The good news is that Underwood, and her bevy of guests sounded wonderful, and the one sketch was even pretty funny.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'll admit that I'm a bit predisposed to like variety shows. Though I'm not old enough to have seen them when they were at their heights on television, I always enjoyed the occasional variety specials we've seen over the years (except for Rosie O'Donnell's a few years back). As television has been toying around with more of these the past few years, perhaps sensing a potential revival, or perhaps hoping for one as they're cheaper to produce, I've been holding out hope that they'll get it right.

It all comes down to your centerpiece. They need to have poise, humor, timing and a great voice. They need charisma like you've almost never seen, so your eyes are drawn to them the moment they walk on stage. Carrie Underwood is, of course, gorgeous and has a stunning voice. As it turns out, she's got all those other qualities to boot. I'm sure she's not looking to abandon her singing career for a run at a variety series, but I'd love to see her at the center of the occasional holiday special like this.

Even though all I got was disjointed clips from throughout the show, I could already tell that it's going to be one of those experiences where you find yourself sitting there witha smile on your face. According to Underwood, she will be spotlighting many of her new songs, but that doesn't mean she'll abandon her "classics." And, of course, there'll be a few holiday standards in there as well.

The bits I saw showcased fellow American Idol champ David Cook, country legend Dolly Parton, Kristen Chenoweth, Christina Applegate and Sons of Sylvia, with the promise of Brad Paisley and possible other surprises. The sketch I saw offered one of those surprises, though you have to listen carefully to identify the 'Horrible' voicework. Granted, this person may appear more directly elsewhere in the special, but I can only go on what I know.

The bottom line is that the preview FOX sent me did just what it was supposed to. It made me want to watch Carrie Underwood: An All-Star Holiday Special tonight in its entirety. If I've done what I was supposed to, I've at least enticed you to give it a try as well. What else are you watching? It's not like Monday nights at 8 PM ET are filled with amazing programming (at least House isn't on ... you know ... because this is on).

I started a thread in the music forum to discuss the show.

The first leg of Carries next tour. For those fans of the Clark Brothers, here’s a chance to see them as well.

CMT : News : Carrie Underwood Announces Dates for 2010 Play On Tour

Carrie Underwood Announces Dates for 2010 Play On Tour
    Craig Morgan, Sons of Sylvia Are Her Special Guests in 45 Cities
    December 10, 2009; Written by Craig Shelburne

Carrie UnderwoodCarrie Underwood has announced a 45-city tour in 2010 to support her latest album, Play On. With dates in the U.S. and Canada, the first leg of the itinerary begins March 11 in Reading, Pa., and concludes May 30 in Spokane, Wash. She will be joined by Craig Morgan as well as Sons of Sylvia, a band formerly known as the Clark Brothers, who also collaborated with Underwood on Play On.

During her Carnival Ride tour in 2008, the American Idol winner performed 137 shows for a total of 1.2 million fans.

"I am getting so excited about next year as we are currently working through all the big plans for the tour," she said. "I cannot wait to perform new music and see familiar faces across the U.S. and Canada!"

Here's a list of the tour dates:

March 11: Reading, Pa.
    March 12: Albany, N.Y.
    March 13: Providence, R.I.
    March 15: Portland, Maine
    March 16: Bridgeport, Conn.
    March 19: Atlantic City, N.J.
    March 20: Mashantucket, Conn.
    March 21: Worcester, Mass.
    March 23: Hamilton, Ontario
    March 24: Kanata, Ontario
    March 26: Trenton, N.J.
    March 27: Amherst, Mass.
    March 29: Wilkes Barre, Pa.
    March 31: Rochester, N.Y.

April 1: Pittsburgh, Pa.
    April 3: Pikeville, Ky.
    April 6: Columbus, Ohio
    April 7: Peoria, Ill.
    April 9: Indianapolis
    April 10: Rockford, Ill.
    April 12: Fort Wayne, Ind.
    April 13: Saginaw, Mich.
    April 14: Lansing, Mich.
    April 23: Grand Rapids, Mich.
    April 24: Toledo, Ohio
    April 25: Cincinnati
    April 27: Richmond, Va.
    April 28: Charleston, W.Va.
    April 30: Fayetteville, N.C.

May 1: Columbia, S.C.
    May 2: Augusta, Ga.
    May 4: Tallahassee, Fla.
    May 5: Pensacola, Fla.
    May 7: New Orleans
    May 8: Lafayette, La.
    May 10: Beaumont, Texas
    May 12: Austin, Texas
    May 13: Corpus Christi, Texas
    May 15: Tucson, Ariz.
    May 18: Fresno, Calif.
    May 20: Sacramento, Calif.
    May 21: Reno, Nev.
    May 22: Las Vegas
    May 29: Everett, Wash.
    May 30: Spokane, Wash.

Reading through the comments section to this article is pretty sad. There seems to be certain pockets of folks that aren't happy about this.

Carrie Underwood a hero for the Humane Society of the United States

Carrie Underwood a hero for the Humane Society of the United States
    December 10, 5:45 PMSasha Muzzarelli

Carrie Underwood isn't just a country crooner whose singles are consistently at the top of the charts - she's also a friend to the animals. The winner of Season 4 of American Idol donated charitable proceeds from her digital single "Home Sweet Home" to a very worthy cause.

Together with 19 Recordings and Sony Music Nashville, Underwood gave a $200,000 check to the Humane Society of the United States on December 3rd. Underwood has made no secret of her love for animals, toting around her miniature pinscher Ace from city to city. He even has his own fan club! Says Underwood: “I’ve always loved this song, and besides being very fitting for Idol, to me, the title is also very fitting with animal rescue and finding animals their own homes. So we felt it was important to tie the release into an amazing animal charity like the HSUS.”

When celebrities lend their name and likeness to a worthy cause such as spay and neuter campaigns or animal welfare legislation, they bring awareness to the general public and hopefully, inspire people to get involved and volunteer at their local shelter. Stars such as Jenna Elfman, Alec Baldwin and Barbara Streisand have all spoken out and taken a stand to be the voice of homeless and abused animals.

Download "Home Sweet Home" on iTunes

To find out more about animal-loving celebs and the causes close to their hearts, visit the Celebrity Support section of the HSUS website.

Carrie Underwood Wants Kids, but 'Ain't Having Five!' - Carrie Underwood : People.com

Carrie Underwood Wants Kids, but 'Ain't Having Five!'

When it comes to having kids, four is more than enough for Carrie Underwood.

"Not that I have a husband to have one with yet, but someday I'd like a family – not a big one, but not a small one either," the singer, who is dating Ottawa Senator hockey player Mike Fisher, tells Self magazine in its January issue. "Two kids is good; three is fine. Four? Somebody's getting something done, because we ain't having five!"

While she's looking ahead to the future, Underwood also has put one giant item on her bucket list: "Before I die, I want to get rid of all my money," she says.

"Recently, I started a foundation to benefit my hometown [the Checotah Animal, Town and School Foundation: C.A.T.S.]," she says. "I'm looking forward to doing a lot of good for a community that's a big part of why I am who I am."

Underwood, 26, also opened up to the magazine about her biggest pet peeve: messiness. "It drives me crazy when people put stuff in the wrong place," she says. "When I have people over and they try to help clean up, I'm like, 'No, I've got it!'"

When she's not cleaning up at home, Underwood is keeping in shape – with lots of help from Jillian Michaels. "I have Exercise TV on cable," she says. "Jillian Michaels's videos will kick your butt. She's my trainer, and she doesn't even know it!"

But the trainer isn't the only thing keeping Underwood healthy. The singer lowered her sugar intake, including cutting out soda. Now, she says, "I have a lot fewer breakouts."

"People have asked me, 'What are you doing differently?' I'm honestly just eating healthier," she says.

+ Reply to Thread