+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 420 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585135 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Uh-huh..yeah..riiiight... Warhol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetGuy
    Carrie could get up there and sing a newspaper with a blank stare and there will be people who say she was amazing... its no use. The judges want her to win.

Even singing the newspaper, other contestants would probably be more interesting to watch....

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhol

Even singing the newspaper, other contestants would probably be more interesting to watch....
    Now that just depends on HOW she turns the pages and IF a papercut would be involved. Who knows, we might get lucky and she would actually "wince".

Okay, okay. My bad. She just bores me.
    ~*~ Maji *~

FORT Fogey
    Carrie could actually sing the newspaper and sound great. Seriously, she's that awesome.

She should win this competion hands down!!! The tone of her voice is amazing and I think she performs like a star; a pro.

I agree with you Pharoah. She is by far the best this year. There are several who are very good and may win, but she is definitely the best.
    I have never understood the whole bland thing. I find all the theatrics uncalled for. Just sing your heart out and that's all that's necessary to be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I agree with you Pharoah. She is by far the best this year. There are several who are very good and may win, but she is definitely the best.
    I have never understood the whole bland thing. I find all the theatrics uncalled for. Just sing your heart out and that's all that's necessary to be the best.
    I would take 1 Carrie Underwood or 1 Diana DeGarmo, or 1 LaToya London, all of whom have been labeled with the no starge presence label, over a whole boat load of Fantasias & that mess she brought on stage last night.

I was actually rather liked her Tuesday performance. Sure she's not the most fascinatibng contestant, but you guys have got to admit, she can sing!
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Yeah. I know her stage presence isn't all that great, but her singing is really awesome.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah
    Carrie could actually sing the newspaper and sound great. Seriously, she's that awesome.

She should win this competion hands down!!! The tone of her voice is amazing and I think she performs like a star; a pro.
    See what I mean?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    You're right, you dont need thatrics but you should feel the song and show that you understand the lyrics that you are singing. I read an article that called her a jukebox...thats exactly what she is.. a jukebox.

I still feel that she's a very good singer. The best one this year. There are several good contestants but to me, she's the best. Since I'm not in her skin, I have no idea whether she feels the song, whatever that means. I also don't know what it means to call someone a jukebox. I have no idea if that's good or bad.

+ Reply to Thread