+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3747108;
    Don't know if anyone saw Carrie & Brad on Good Morning America today, but they performed live in downtown Nashville. Carrie sang Temporary Home & it is just an astounding Live vocal. Go to Youtube & search.

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home Live - 11-10-09
    I watched it before I came to the FORT. I loved it. Wow, it's great. I need to scrape up some money and go get that album!

Saw GMA's Robin Roberts special on ABC last night, they interviewed several country stars, Carrie was one of them. They talked about her music video and how she was dressing more sexy for the video and how she was asking her mom, what she thought. After her mom said she looked good the asked "What did daddy think?", that was really cute, sweet.

From Billboard Magazine…it takes forever to load this page on my computer. Maybe, you’ll have better luck.

Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com

Carrie Underwood's "Play On" bows at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart this week, shifting 318,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
    It's the country star and former "American Idol" champ's second album to top the Billboard 200, after her sophomore set "Carnival Ride" bowed in the penthouse with 527,000 in 2007. Underwood's debut effort, "Some Hearts," started at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 in 2005 and at No. 1 on Top Country Albums with 315,000.
    "Play On's" 318,000 sum is also the largest sales week for an album by a woman in 2009 and the second-best sales week for a country release. Among country efforts this year, only Rascal Flatts' "Unstoppable" netted a bigger week, when it started at No. 1 with 351,000.

Overall album sales in this past chart week (ending Nov. 8) totaled 6.86 million units, up 9% compared to the sum last week (6.31 million) and down 2% compared to the same sales week of 2008 (7.02 million). Year to date album sales stand at 294.4 million, down 13% compared to the same total at this point last year (339.3 million).

Carrie's cd, the sales numbers still have time to up, the week is only half over.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3748098;
    Carrie's cd, the sales numbers still have time to up, the week is only half over.
    Those are the numbers for the first complete week. We are now into week 2.

This photo is from the rehersals of the CMA Show. Carrie is performing Cowboy Casanova & the tweets that are coming in seem to be all in agreement. It's going to blow everybody away.

Get a load of this. Carrie, Reba, Martina McBride & Miranda Lambert, all great singers, just lost Female Vocalist of the year to the non singing Taylor Swift. Country Music has just lost a lot of my respect.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3748726;
    Get a load of this. Carrie, Reba, Martina McBride & Miranda Lambert, all great singers, just lost Female Vocalist of the year to the non singing Taylor Swift. Country Music has just lost a lot of my respect.
    lmao. i was waiting for your response on this.

i think this is the only award that taylor swift did not deserve. the rest i can understand. but female vocalist. nope. but is is her year. she was i guess one of the most visible artist out there the past year and a half and especially with the kanye fiasco (which i think helped her a lot).

as much as i think that she is a mediocre singer...her songs are very catchy and one ends up singing along (i admit that i do and that i do have some of her "catchy" tunes on my mp3 player).

but i'll try to catch it taped delayed here in hawaii....that is if i remember. i had to go online to find out who won and all the scoops. im looking forward to the little jimmy dickens interruption. lol.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

To the Point

Taylor Swift seems nice enough and Kanye should have been "handled" for doing what he did, but this girl just isn't a good singer. It truly is a shame that one of the others didn't win that award. She's one of those performers who really should consider lipsynching. As much as I hate lipsynching, it's not as painful as hearing her sing live without the techno help she needs to sound okay.

There were 4 very deserving female nominees in the vocalist category & any of them could have won & I would have been OK with that. But,for the only truly non vocalist in the category(anyone that hasn't seen them just watch her TWO performances last night & you'll see) to take that award home is nothing short of a disgrace to the CMA'S. Then to turn around 15 minutes later & beat George Strait, Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley & Keith Urban for entertainer of the year is just as dumfounding. The CMA sold out to an over marketed pop princess in an atempt to garner publicity. I think they are going to wake up in the morning & ask themselves just what the hell did we do.

+ Reply to Thread