+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Carrie Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3726379;
    More news about the Holiday Special. Note David Cook & Dolly Parton have been added as guests.

Carrie Underwood headlines Fox variety show

Country star Carrie Underwood is returning to Fox, the network that catapulted her to stardom with "American idol," to headline a variety special executive produced by "Idol" creator Simon Fuller.

Adam Shankman and Nigel Lythgoe are on board to direct and executive produce the two-hour show, tentatively titled "Carrie Underwood: An All-Star Holiday Special," which will air Dec. 7.
    This will be entertaining, love the musical guests so far. Thanks!

Ahhh - Mike Fisher is a cutie and seems like a regular type guy with a great attitude.

I'm looking forward to her special, David tweeted yesterday that he will be involved - hope the comedy bits are polished and not stupid, though.

Carrie s going to be on the cover of Billboard. At the link below is a really nice article about her & what can be expected in the next few weeks & months. The press blitz is beginning to pick up steam. It is looking to be a pretty exciting time for her coming up. Check out the article. I think it is one of the best I have ever read.

Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music | Billboard.com

Carrie is releasing 1 song a week up to the album release so Temporary Home is available for download on Itunes. She came into the writing session with this concept all outlined & they set about writing it into the song.What a great review this is.

IDOL LIVE: Track review: Carrie Underwood's "Temporary Home"

Track review: Carrie Underwood's "Temporary Home"
    Carrie Underwood gives what will perhaps be remembered as her most emotionally invested, beautifully sung vocal performance of her career to date on “Temporary Home.” The song, which is the eighth track on the country starlet’s latest album ‘Play On’ (Nov. 3), explores new areas of artistic expression.

From the opening piano chord to the final note, Underwood masterfully narrates three powerful accounts by people who are in need of help but instead look to a day where they can be together again with their loved ones in heaven. The stories of a six-year-old boy in foster care, a single mother at a halfway house and elderly man on his deathbed, pull at the heartstrings of listeners. Not since “Jesus, Take the Wheel” has there been such a moving country musical composition.

The songwriting here is top-notch, with Underwood receiving help from Luke Laird and Zac Maloy. The fact that Laird drew on his childhood experience in penning the track is even more remarkable because it is given a sense of sincerity. Despite the extra moving storylines featured in the verses of “Home,” it is in the chorus where the lyrics are most effective (“This is my temporary home / it’s not where I belong / windows and rooms / that I’m passing through / this is just a stop / on the way to where I‘m going / I’m not afraid because I know / this is my temporary home”).

As for her vocals, Underwood charts new territory in showcasing control in her falsetto. There are no true glory notes, nor are there any rousing crescendos, simply because they are not needed. Instead, Underwood opts for an overall soft-spoken tone, which allows listeners to pay close attention to the lyrics rather than production and vocal acrobatics that are found in most songs nowadays.

If “Before He Cheats” and “Last Name” can each win at the Grammys, it would by a travesty if Carrie Underwood does not take home an award for “Temporary Home” sometime in the near future. If ever there was a song that deserved such recognition, this is it.

Lot’s of tweets & first person reports coming out from the taping of Carries special. What we know so far is that Carrie & David Cook are doing a Van Halen song together!! "Why Can't This Be Love." There is a skit involving Carrie’s dog Ace & the voice of Ace is Neil Patrick Harris (Ace is incredibly jealous of Carries boy friend Mike Fisher & mad as hell when she puts him into a doggy outfit). Carrie sings Cowboy Casanova & Mama’s Song with dancers performing to both & she also performs Songs Like This. The Sons of Sylvia (The Clark Brothers) perform Blue Christmas & Carrie does a trio with Kristen Chenoweth & Christina Applegate. And that’s all from the first days taping. Day two happens tonight.

OT: The Clark Brothers renamed their band, The Sons of Sylvia? No wonder I haven't heard of them in the past year.

Yes - David's tweet said it went well and he has since flown out of Chicago - I guess that is where the taping took place.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3734837;
    OT: The Clark Brothers renamed their band, The Sons of Sylvia? No wonder I haven't heard of them in the past year.

Yes - David's tweet said it went well and he has since flown out of Chicago - I guess that is where the taping took place.
    The Sons of Sylvia are The Clark Brothers. They have a credit on Carries Play On, they perform on her special, & I wouldn't be too surprised to see them opening for her on tour next year.

The taping was in LA, not Chicago.

Someone posted that Carrie & David have a pretty funny monologue. He sings a couple of his songs, duets with her & then says " Thanks for letting me come on to pimp my album." She replies "My producers made me ask you." Evidently according to a tweet from Nigel Lythgoe, the two of them are quite magical when singing together, as we saw early last year at Disney World.

Here is some day two stuff from the taping. Carrie sings Jesus Take the Wheel, Before He Cheats & Change, Cowboy Casanova &Temporary Home from the new album. Apparently she brings down the house with Temporary Home. She also sings O Holy Night. Carrie also has duets with Brad Paisley(he on tape, she live) & she & Dolly Parton sing a duet of I Will Always Love You. Dolly sings a couple of songs solo & The Sons of Sylvia join Carrie for a song from the new album as well.

It's going to be interesting to see how this is all edited & what does & does not make the final show, but there are tons of on site reports & they are all very complimentary.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Got tickets to the taping, but my husband & I were both sick & didn't go.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3736260;
    Got tickets to the taping, but my husband & I were both sick & didn't go.
    Sorry to hear that Blues, hope you are feeling better. A lady by the name of Desi has done her best to compile all the performances from the two days, so here is some of what can be expected when the show airs.

Carrie solos:
    1. Cowboy Casanova (w/ SYTYCD males, vampire routine)
    2. Songs Like This (w/ dance)
    3. Mamaís Song (w/ SYTYCDís Lauren and Jeremy)
    4. Change
    5. Temporary Home
    6. Before He Cheats
    7. Christmas medley (Jesus, Take the Wheel + __ + O Holy Night)

Duets/ Group
    8. I Will Always Love You (w/ Dolly Parton)
    9. Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man (w/ Brad Paisley)
    10. Why Canít This Be Love (w/ David Cook)
    11. What Can I Say (w/ Sons of Sylvia)
    12. 50ís/60ís medley (w/ Kristin Chenoweth and Christina Applegate)

Guest solos:
    13. Dolly Parton (Here You Come Again + ___)
    14. Brad Paisley (Then)
    15. David Cook (Lie)
    16. Sons of Sylvia (Blue Christmas)

Skits:
    1. Day in the Life of Ace (feat. the voice of Neil Patrick Harris)
    2. How Carrie won Idol and the ACM Entertainer of the Year (feat. Ryan Seacrest and Bo Bice)
    3. Behind the Music
    4. Dolly and Carrie interview

Man this plaza & downtown Nashville is going to be a zoo, expect huge crowds.

CMT : News : Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood Will Play Free Concert Prior to CMA Awards

Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood Will Play Free Concert Prior to CMA Awards
    October 27, 2009

Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood will play a free concert in downtown Nashville for ABC's Good Morning America on Nov. 10, one day before the CMA Awards. Paisley and Underwood will perform the special show on the Sommet Center's outdoor plaza. The event is show is open to the public. As previously announced, Paisley and Underwood will co-host the CMA Awards again this year.

+ Reply to Thread