+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

It has just been announced that Carrie will be doing her first ever overseas concert. There is a brand new concert facilityl opening in Singapore & Carrie will be the first act to perform there. Friday, October 16th.

FORT Fanatic

I saw Carries new video for Cowboy Casonova on CMT last weekend... Razorback... has this been out for awhile, or was this the premier? It was part of 11 new videos CMT was debuting.

I loved the video... that and the Sugarland one...

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl;3723182;
    I saw Carries new video for Cowboy Casonova on CMT last weekend... Razorback... has this been out for awhile, or was this the premier? It was part of 11 new videos CMT was debuting.

I loved the video... that and the Sugarland one...
    Last weekend was suposed to be the premiere on CMT. However, someone leaked it a few days before & spoiled the whole surprise element. Arista, Carrie & her team were NOT happy about it & it was removed from almost all sites & the CMT gig was the debut.

This was the first time a director other than Roman White was used on a Carrie video. It was a female this time & you can see the feminine influence in the end result, if you ask me.

I didn't care for it or the song.

Anyone in So. Cal. That may be interested?

On Camera Audiences - The official ticket source for your favorite shows

Carrie Underwood is taping a special for FOX with celebrity guests and amazing performances!

Carrie Underwood is a former American Idol winner who has since become a multi-platinum selling recording artist, a multiple Grammy Award winner, was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry, and is the reigning Academy of Country Music Awards Entertainer of The Year!

Don't miss this incredible chance to see her first television special on Fox for FREE!
    CBS Studios-Radford
    4024 Radford Ave.
    Studio City, CA. 91604

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3725088;
    Anyone in So. Cal. That may be interested?
    Submitted my ticket requests this morning. We'll see what happens.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3725346;
    Submitted my ticket requests this morning. We'll see what happens.
    I hope you get them. I'm interested in seeing who else is going to be involved. Brad Paisley has already filmed his part, & no rumors have appeared yet.

More news about the Holiday Special. Note David Cook & Dolly Parton have been added as guests.

Carrie Underwood headlines Fox variety show

Country star Carrie Underwood is returning to Fox, the network that catapulted her to stardom with "American idol," to headline a variety special executive produced by "Idol" creator Simon Fuller.

Adam Shankman and Nigel Lythgoe are on board to direct and executive produce the two-hour show, tentatively titled "Carrie Underwood: An All-Star Holiday Special," which will air Dec. 7.

Underwood will perform previous hits, holiday classics and songs from her upcoming album and participate in comedy bits.

Musical guests signed so far to join her on stage include Dolly Parton, Brad Paisley -- her co-host at the 2008 and the upcoming 2009 CMA Awards -- and David Cook, last year's "Idol" winner.

"Seinfeld" alumna Carol Leifer, former "Frasier" exec producer Jeffrey Richman and actor/writer Seth Morris are penning sketches for the special. It is is being produced by Big Red 2 Entertainment, the joint venture between Lythgoe and Fuller named after the red-colored jerseys of the Brits' favorite soccer teams, Manchester United (Fuller) and Liverpool (Lythgoe).

The two formed the company following Lythgoe's departure from "Idol" last year after seven seasons at the helm of the top reality series.

Lythgoe is co-creator/exec producer/judge on "So You think You Can Dance," from Fuller's 19 Entertainment, on which Shankman also serves as a judge. Shankman's directing credits include "Bedtime Stories" and "Hairspray."

Underwood, the fourth season "Idol" winner, is the most successful recording artist to emerge from the competition series, with sales of more than 10 million albums in the U.S. and four Grammy Awards.

Her next album, "Play On," produced by Mark Bright, will be released Nov. 3 on 19 Recordings/Arista Nashville.

The Underwood special has been billed as a one-off, though the broadcast networks have been looking for ways to revive the variety series genre, so far unsuccessfully with Rosie O'Donnell (NBC) and the Osbournes (Fox).

John Mayer signed on in January to star in a variety pilot for CBS, which is still percolating at the Eye.

It has been decided that Carrie will be releasing 1 song a week to Itunes prior to the album release. This week she released Mamas Song. This is simply a stunning & heartfelt vocal. If you are interested in hearing it, go to youtube & search:

Mamas Song (full song) - Carrie Underwood

Some of you might not be familiar with Carrie's boy friend. His name is Mike Fisher & he plays in the NHL for the Ottawa Senators. Here is a nice interview with him (ladies, I'm sure he's not to hard to look at), get to know him, he speaks about Carrie at around the 10 minute mark.

NHL Network Online - Ottawa Senators: The Sens Show, Episode 3

+ Reply to Thread