+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Carrie is scheduled to do an edition of WalMart soundcheck on Oct. 15th. Here is a preview & brief interview:

Soundcheck - Coming Soon: Carrie Underwood

Lot's of stuff coming out today.

Here is the track listing for the album: (Song #12 featuring the Sons of Sylvia...those are the Clark Brothers, back in the fold with Carrie)

1. Cowboy Casanova (Carrie Underwood, Mike Elizondo, Brett James)
    2. Quitter
    3. Mama’s Song (Carrie Underwood, Kara DioGuardi, Luke Laird, Martin Frederiksen)
    4. Change (Katrina Elam, Chris Tompkins, Josh Kear)
    5. Undo It (Carrie Underwood, Kara DioGuardi, Luke Laird, Martin Frederiksen)
    6. Someday When I Stop Loving You (Hillary Lindsey, Steve McEwan, Gordie Sampson)
    7. Songs Like This (Ed Dodson, Jerry Flowers, Tom Shapiro) ?
    8. Temporary Home (Carrie Underwood, Luke Laird, Zac Maloy)
    9. This Time
    10. Look At Me
    11. Unapologize
    12. What Can I Say (featuring Sons of Sylvia) (Carrie Underwood, Steve McEwan, David Hodges)
    13. Play On (Carrie Underwood, Natalie Hemby, Luke Laird)

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Thanks Razor.

Track 4, Change, features Katrina Elam. She's another very talented gal with a huge voice. Katrina opened up for Keith Urban about 6 years ago, she had a very good first CD, then she got married and I've not heard much from her since. Glad she is still in the business.

FORT Fan

Was Katrina the one who was po'd at Carrie getting "Flat on the Floor" when she had already recorded or reserved it?

talldede, that track doesn't feature Katrina, she was a co-writer, & Doug 123, yep you are right but in recent months it seems as though Carrie & Katrina have come to terms & are friends.

USA Today hasn’t posted the weekly sales data, but I can post this from Billboard.

'Feeling' Steady: Black Eyed Peas Match Decade Mark On Hot 100 | Billboard.com

On the wings of strong first-week download sales (110,000), Carrie Underwood's "Cowboy Casanova" makes the Hot 100's biggest leap (96-11). The song opens at No. 8 on Hot Digital Songs, Underwood's eighth top 10 on that list since it launched in February 25. That sum ties her with Beyonce for second most top 10s among females, trailing only Rihanna who's reached the upper tier 12 times. "Casanova" previews Underwood's third studio album, "Play On," set to hit retail on Nov. 3.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Got it. I don't follow the music news that closely, I had no idea Carrie and Katrina had some disagreements. Good info, thanks.

Carrie & Katrina really didn't have any disagreements. Katrina had recorded Flat on the Floor prior to Carrie. But, it got put on Carrie's album along about the same time that Katrina's album got shelved (it still hasn't seen the light of day) & you can imagine some of the comments that were made. I think there were some hurt feelings, especially amongst Katrina's fans, but all seems to be good now.

Details are pretty sketchy at the moment, but it seems as though Carrie is filming a TV Special for Fox & Simon Fuller. Brad Paisleys Fan Club just sent out an email inviting everyone to attend a taping at the Opry complex. This is supposed to be a variety show type of thing with Carrie as the focal point.

Now that I am at home & on my computer instead of at work I can post the email I got from Brad's Fan Club. As more news of this event begins to leak, it is sounding as though this is going to be a Holiday Special. Carrie was in LA this past week, so she may have been firming up everything.

============================== ============================== ============================== ======================

We just found out about a last minute, super exclusive, TV taping that Brad is doing this Wednesday, October 7th in Nashville, TN and YOU'RE INVITED! Brad is filming a couple of songs for his part of the upcoming Carrie Underwood FOX TV Special (She won't be there, but BRAD will!).

Here are the details:

Date: Wednesday, October 7th

Time: Noon to approximately 6:00 PM

Dress: Casual / Classy (Nothing that will stick out)

Cost: FREE!

We need to round up as many Brad fans as possible for the taping so feel free to pass this along to your friends and family. Use the "Send this to a friend" button in the upper right of this email to spread the word.

Limited to the first 300 people who apply. You are responsible for your own transportation, lodging, meals, etc.

+ Reply to Thread