+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Looks like Carries Checotah charity has gotten off to a good start.

Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information

Aug 28, 2009
    Carrie Underwood gives musical instruments to hometown school

Carrie Underwood surprised students at Checotah High School Friday with a in-school performance -- and $117,000 worth of musical instruments.

The students at Carrie's alma mater, as well as from Checotah Intermediate School and Checotah Middle School, were gathered at the high school for a last-minute assembly. Carrie's gift, purchased by Carrie's C.A.T.S. Foundation and the charitable arm of the Academy of Country Music through Yamaha Corporate Artist Affairs, included and electric guitar and amp, an electric piano and brass and woodwind instruments. Carrie also sang her hit So Small with fifth grader Kennedee Rittenhouse.

"I am so proud to have come from such a wonderful community that helped shape me as a person," Carrie says, "and I can think of nothing better than to share the gift of music with the students in my hometown. It's so great to be able to give back in a way that can truly better the lives of these kids and help create dreams and opportunities. I'd like to give a very special thanks to the Academy of Country Music's 'Lifting Lives' for helping me make this dream come true."

"We are so lucky as a school district and a town to have an ambassador like Carrie," says Checotah High principal Brian Terry. "She was valedictorian here and continues to be an outstanding citizen of Checotah. Today was a very special day for the students and faculty."

This should be pretty cool. I hope it is televised.

Carrie Underwood and the Grand Ole Opry join forces against breast cancer by going “PINK"

Carrie Underwood and the Grand Ole Opry join forces against breast cancer by going “PINK"

October is breast cancer awareness month and it is being heavily recognized in the world of country music. Multi-platinum selling country artist Carrie Underwood will go “PINK” on the most famous stage in country music to raise support for the fight against breast cancer. She will join the Grand Ole Opry on Friday Oct. 2 in their efforts to raise awareness for the disease by taking the stage during both shows to transform the Opry’s famous barn backdrop into the color pink, to show support for Women’s Rock for the Cure and Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

Underwood, who is Opry’s youngest member, will also be performing at the shows along with Terri Clark and several other artists still to be announced.

The ACM's entertainer of the year has been using her success to raise support for plenty lately; she has recently joined Jones New York in raising money for underfunded classrooms and has become a 2009 spokesperson along with One Tree Hill actress Sophia Bush for the "Behind Every Famous Person is a Fabulous Teacher" Campaign which raises awareness on the importance of good teachers.

Earlier this month, Underwood started a foundation to help her hometown of Checotah, Okla.

For more information on Underwood's support aganist breast cancer with the Grand Ole Opry including tickets and donations, click on the official press release here,
    Grand Ole Opry : Press Release

More About: Breast Cancer Awareness month · Grand Ole Opry

Carrie has finally released the name of her album & the cover art. Me likey!!!

Carrie Underwood: A first look at 'Play On' - Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information

Carrie Underwood: A first look at 'Play On'

Carrie Underwood has decided to call her third album Play On. The album comes out Nov. 3, the week before she co-hosts the Country Music Association Awards with Brad Paisley. Underwood, who has sold nearly 10 million copies of her first two albums, has been working in the studio with Mark Bright, who produced 2007's Carnival Ride and part of her debut, Some Hearts.

Carrie also recently went into the studio with producer Max Martin (Kelly Clarkson's My Life Would Suck Without You, Pink's So What, Katy Perry's I Kissed a Girl) to record one song, though that track's eventual placement is still up in the air. "We haven't determined that yet," Sony Music Nashville chairman Joe Galante said Friday. "We haven't heard the track." The Martin track is the only one Carrie has recorded with a producer other than Bright. Says Galante: "Mark is making the entire record."

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Gorgeous pic for the cover! Thanks razor.

The below banner ad has just appeared on Carries fan club site. I think they may have just released the name of the first single.

Carrie Underwood's Big Concert - Show and Alumni News - American Idol

Carrie Underwood performs at Chicago’s Ravinia Festival.

Country star Carrie Underwood performed two sold-out shows at Chicago’s Ravinia Festival, according to a news release.

Underwood’s first scheduled “evening with” show on Sunday was the fastest sell-out in Ravinia’s history, which prompted the addition of a second show on Monday. The second concert also sold-out immediately, and about 38,000 fans turned out for the performances.

The ”American Idol” headed to Chicago after making a surprise appearance Friday at Checotah High School in her hometown of Checotah, where her C.A.T.S. Foundation and ACM’s Lifting Lives donated $117,000 in musical equipment to the school system.

FORT Newbie

They also just released the Cowboy casanova song on carries You tube channel... I'm too new to post a link, so you'll have to search under cowboy casanova. Seemed like a pretty decent song...

The Play On era has begun & this song is going to do incredible things.

Here is the first review of the song I have seen.

Carrie Underwood - "Cowboy Casanova" | Roughstock.com

Carrie Underwood was a bonafide star fresh out of her victory on American Idol in 2005 and though people continue to say her star is bright because of the show, it’s not entirely true. She has grown into her powerful vocal and where she was once a little wooden in her performances on stage, the Grand Ole Opry member has also become quite a good live performer constantly connecting with the audience. After nine straight hits on the country charts (all of which have been #1 on various charts) Underwood certainly has had fans waiting for the first single from her third record. The time has arrived with the release today of “Cowboy Casanova” (Listen here).

The first thing to say about “Casanova” is that it is a mega hit. There’s just no denying this. Although the song borrows familiar melodic themes, the production is sparkling; Carrie sings the verses with rapid-fire precision and the hook is just infectious. Even if you don’t like pop-country songs -and make no mistake this is light years away from traditional country music- you will have parts of this song stuck in your head. It’s just inevitable. The lyrics discuss a man who ‘only comes out at night’ and seeks to find a girl and ‘tell you anything you wanna hear’ as a way to take her home at night. The song serves as a cautionary tale for Carrie’s girlfriends as they go out looking to find a nice guy only to be roped in by the ‘Cowboy Casanova.’

While “Cowboy Casanova,” written by Carrie, Brett James and Mike Elizondo, may have taken a while to run up the charts in the hands of a different, non-established singer, in Carrie’s hands the song will be a smash hit on both the country and pop charts. If you’re wondering how a Kelly Clarkson song would sound in a country environment (and she will make a country record one of these days), this is a good indication of what it might sound like. As a pop-leaning guy (who still loves traditional-leaning stuff too), this may very well be the best Carrie Underwood single yet.

Carrie blogged to her fan club late yesterday, that they were forced to release the single a week earlier that they wanted to because the station in Seattle jumped the gun & played the incorrect version. They played the unfinished & more pop sounding version while the finished version is much more Country leaning. Anyway, it's still going to go great guns. Here is the single cover

Carrie got two nominations today from the CMA'S .

Female Vocalist of the Year

Musical Event of the Year for her duet with Randy Travis on I Told You So.

Good Luck Ms. Carrie!

+ Reply to Thread