+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Ooh, that really has me speculating. If she thinks it's really important, maybe it's with a band she really likes? Maybe Guns N'Roses or Heart? Or maybe some country heavyweights like Dixie chicks or a Loretta Lynn and Crystal Gayle combo (one can only dream, huh?)

There are certainly some interesting things being bandied about regarding Carries future. Adam Shankman, who is one of the judges on SYTYCD, is also a movie producer & has the Miley Cyrus movie The Last Song; Step Up 3-D which just wrapped last week, and a Drew Barrymore and Justin Long movie called Going the Distance, on his plate, but those won‘t wrap until September. He is also in preproduction for new Sinbad movie. But in this article:

Director Shankman: Sinbad proceeds, Topper tanks | SCI FI Wire

He drops this intriguing tidbit:

So I'm going to be prepping and doing season six at the same time as well as working with [SYTYCD creator] Nigel [Lythgoe] on a Carrie Underwood special project and some charity concert benefits and stuff like that."

Another honor to be bestowed on Carrie.

MuskogeePhoenix.com, Muskogee, OK - <font color=red>BREAKING NEWS: </font>Carrie Underwood to perform at OMHOF concert

BREAKING NEWS: Carrie Underwood to perform at OMHOF concert

TULSA — Grammy Award winning singer Carrie Underwood will be inducted into the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame on Sept. 17, officials announced Monday.

Underwood will perform in a concert that evening at the Muskogee Civic Center.

Ramona Reed, Rocky Frisco, and C.H. Parker also will be inducted.

Frisco performed with J.J. Cale, Eric Clapton and Elvis Presley. Frisco is one of the founding musicians of what became known as the “Tulsa sound.”

Reed was a singer with Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys. She also performed at the Grand Ole Opry.

Parker, longtime director and instructor at Northeastern State University, is a mentor of Underwood.

Details are pretty sketchy at the moment, but evidently Carrie has been signed by CMT for an upcoming By Invitation Only show. For those that aren't familiar with it, CMT "Invites" only about 100-200 people & they sit around in a living room type of atmosphere on couches & stuff & the artist puts on a private concert for them. It is supposed to be taped on Sept. 12th for airing sometime later this year.

It seems as though the new album promos are being lined up & we should be seeing concert dates announced soon, & the first single from the new album should be announced & released in the next couple of weeks.

Carrie performed for the troops Friday night in Ft. Campbell Ky. It was a free concert with John Rich, Jake Owen, & Hank Jr. opening the show for her. Crowds were estimated at more than 50,000. There are lot's of youtube vids for anyone interested.

Someone that was there reported that they were told by Carries merchandise manager that Carrie is going to be extremely busy next year, because 145 concerts are already booked. We should begin to get some info soon, I would think.

She has also been scheduled for another Opry appearance on Oct. 2, for anyone that may be considering a trip to Nashville. Don't wait to get tickets though, she always sell the place out pretty quickly.

There s a nice pre show interview & performance clips of the Ft. Campbell show here:

Nashville Country Club

Click on the 3rd tab down, the one with Carries name on it.

Carrie gives back!

Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information

Carrie Underwood has just started a fund to help with causes in her Checotah, Okla., hometown. It's called C.A.T.S. -- Checotah Animal, Town, and School Foundation. "My hometown is extremely supportive of me," Carrie said in a statement announcing the fund's creation, "and I feel blessed to be able to create something as a way of giving back; to say thank you."

According to the press release, the C.A.T.S. Foundation will help with general causes, needs and services in the Checotah area to directly impact the community. Information on the foundation's first donation to the community will be announced soon.

Some great news!

Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley to Co-Host CMAs - Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood : People.com

Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley to Co-Host CMAs
    By Stephen M. Silverman

Originally posted Tuesday August 25, 2009 04:00 PM EDT

Who better to host this year's Country Music Association's CMA Awards than last year's Male and Female Vocalist of the Year winners – who also served as the 2008 ceremony's emcees – Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood.

"Last time," remembers Paisley, "it was pretty late notice when we got word we were doing it, so we didn't necessarily prepare the same way then as we will this time. This time we have more advance time."

ABC will air this year's ceremony live from Nashville on Wednesday, Nov. 11.

And the two certainly have the pedigrees to oversee the big night. With his album American Saturday Night currently in release, Paisley has 11 CMA Awards to his name, since winning the Horizon Award in 2000. Underwood, whose third album drops Nov. 3, won her Horizon Award in 2006 and can claim a total of five CMA trophies so far.

"I thought we did a good job," Underwood says about last year's show. "I wasn't nervous about being asked back. But I was hoping they would ask us." Adds Paisley: "I figured if they wanted us back they'd ask and if not, we'd get to sit and watch somebody else go through it."

As for revving up for this year's ceremony, Underwood says, "October we'll start going through things, figure out dates." Says he: "But you get the script and read through it. Re-writes happen, you contribute things, they contribute things. You're doing that all the way up to about 10 minutes before – and then you go on!"

On that point, Underwood agrees. "Yeah, you're standing on the wings or in your dressing room and they hand you a couple pages and say, 'Here's the latest re-write on that part.' "

What they will prepare is their wardrobe. "What if we color coordinate this year? Like for prom?" Underwood asked Paisley. "If I wear a red dress, you can wear a red vest or a red bowtie?"

"Deal!" he says. "If I wear a tie, I will match it to whatever you're wearing."

How’s this for an interesting combo?

Carrie Underwood writing with Ne-Yo - Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information

Last week, R&B star Ne-Yo posted on Twitter that he was in Nashville for a few days working with Carrie Underwood and Rascal Flatts. Turns out he was writing with both acts. "I had never met him before," Carrie tells me. "He's a very nice gentleman. It was really nice of him to just come and see what we could do."
    Carrie says they got a keeper out of the session, though she's not sure it'll be part of her forthcoming album, due Nov. 3.
    "We came out with an awesome song," Carrie says. "I'm not sure if it fits within the context of the rest of the album, but there is no doubt in my mind that somebody somewhere is going to record this song."

FORT Fanatic

ne-yo is a pretty good r&b singer/performer...and this is coming from someone who pretty much hate that genre. but he puts out some good music. i'm hoping she'll put it out if she likes it a lot. maybe as a bonus track or something. if its different it should stand out. and im hoping for a duet type r&b/country...in likes of nelly's and tim mcgraw's duet (it was great the first 10 times hearing...then i so despised it after it went mainstream) and big & rich/wycleaf jean's please man.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

+ Reply to Thread