+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fan

Re: Carrie Underwood

Nice to hear stuff like this about Carrie. We all knew there was greatness in her the minute she entered the AI Audition room.

All we need to hear is "Carnival Ride" to officially hit Triple Platinum to seal the deal.

Carrie with Randy Travis last week when she was given the award for I Told You So going to #1.

According to the latest blog on Carries fan site, she has been holed up in a Hotel in California practicing with her band for tomorrow nights concert in Paso Robles. It will be her first of the year. I know there is at least one person on here that will be attending (nope, not me), hope you enjoy. Under similar circumstances two years ago, she introduced the first single from Carnival Ride to the audience, maybe you'll get the same.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Okay, I saw Carrie Underwood in concert in Paso Robles (her first concert in 7 months according to her). All of those who complained that she was a robotic performer on AI - forget it! The Carrie I saw tonight was funny, sexy, cute, comfortable and natural - anything BUT robotic! From the moment she started her set with "Flat On The Floor" until she closed with "Before He Cheats", she was moving, dancing, joking, laughing and holding the crowd in her hand. I would love to say that she never missed a note, but that's not quite true. Her voice was perfect all night; powerful, emotional and soaring. During "Last Name", however, something happened. Her fiddle player, Ashley, actually fell on his rear while playing... and Carrie could hardly keep singing because she was laughing so hard! After the song was over, she continued to laugh and joke about Ashley falling - even making up lyrics on the spot about it and joking that she should be a songwriter. During "All American Girl" she called a young girl out from the audience to help her sing. It was a touching moment and one that I'm sure thrilled the girl, who was named Micaela... with Carrie even singing her name in part of the lyric. All of her performances were exceptional, but none more riveting than "I Know You Won't" and "Jesus, Take The Wheel". She performed beautifully on "Home Sweet Home" and "Paradise City". Her stage performance is world's different than it was on Idol... she has really grown into a well-rounded and seasoned performer. It was well worth the time, money and effort for me to drive to Paso Robles to see her.

By the way, her opening act was a band that I'd never heard before, Jonathan Singleton and the Grove. Seems he has been knocking around for ten years or so... it must be hard for seasoned pros having to open for a young sensation like Carrie... but I tell you, I really enjoyed these guys... I intend to check them out.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

It must really stink to be a celebrity on the level that Carrie has reached. The day after the concert mentioned above, Carrie was caught by the papparazi as she exited the back door of a medical clinic in California. She was in a dead sprint to reach her van & was accompanied by her body guards, but the papps were yelling & filming the whole time. She blogged on her fan club site, that she was being treated for infected & swollen tonsils. Why papparazi hang out in places like this is a mystery to mankind.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

And how she sang that well with infected and swollen tonsils is a mystery to me.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Someone posted a vid of the incident where Ashley fell & Carrie started laughing during Last Name. Still, in the end, she hit the big notes. Search youtube for the following:

Last Name Carrie Laughing

Amazing the accomplishments Carrie has had & the awards she has won. Especially, when they are noted like this.

How many awards has Carrie Underwood won?

How many awards has Carrie Underwood won?
    August 1, 10:07 PM

Since winning the American Idol in 2005 Carrie Underwood has been on a winning streak. In just four years Underwood has received recognition in every major award show that nominates music artists.

Only a few months after her reality show win, Underwood received the Teen Choice Award for choice reality star-female. She ended her first year in the spotlight with three Billboard music awards including the award for country single sales artist of the year.

2006 was a big year for Underwood as it’s when she first became inducted into the hall of fame of country music winners along side with her own idols whose very songs she sang to help her win American Idol. Underwood won her first two Academy of Country music awards for top new female vocalist of the year and single record of the year for her debut single, “Jesus, take the wheel”. She also won in the female vocalist of the year category at the Country music awards beating out competitors Faith Hill and Martina McBride. As if that weren't good enough, Underwood took home the coveted horizon award at the CMA’s that year along with two CMT music awards.

Do not assume this country superstar is only honored in the country music genre. That same year Underwood took home the American music award for favorite new breakthrough artist.
    Her biggest night in 2006 though came at the Billboard awards where Underwood made a clean sweep by taking home five awards including two album of the year trophies in country and all-genre music.

2007 was even bigger for Underwood as she won her first two Grammy awards for best new artist and best female country vocal performance for “Jesus take the wheel”.
    That same year the people once again spoke in her favor and she took home two People’s Choice awards. One could say Underwood definitely got used to the feeling of winning as she won an additional 15 awards that year including another five Billboard music awards. She was a triple winner that year at both the American music awards and the Academy of Country music awards and a double winner at the CMA and CMT awards.

By the end of 2008 Underwood’s award showcase must have run out of space as she continued to receive top honors for her music. The Grammy music association honored her for a third time by awarding her with another best female country vocal performance; this time for “Before he cheats”, her most successful single off her debut album Some Hearts.

If Underwood was to be given a title in 2008, it would have been the ‘female vocalist of the year’. She not only took home that prestigious female music award at the Academy of Country music awards, but also at both the CMA’s here in the U.S. along with the European CMA awards.

2008 was also when her sophomore record Carnival Ride began to be honored as it won her the favorite country album award at the American music awards.

Carnival Ride continued to be recognized in 2009 as it won Underwood her fourth Grammy award and third in the category of best female country vocal performance. So far 2009 is turning out to be another year of big awards for Underwood; in January she took home three People’s Choice awards giving her a total of five. She has also received four Country Universe Reader’s Choice Awards this year including one for artist of the year.

At this year’s Academy of Country music awards Underwood once again beat out her music idols for the female vocalist of the year award, making it her third total ACM in that category.

Very few artists have achieved what Underwood has in just a short amount of time and even fewer female artists have won one of country music’s biggest awards; the ACM for entertainer of the year. No woman has won the prestigious title since 2001 and Underwood is only the seventh female to do so since it was first handed out in 1970. “I’ve had a lot of good moments in the last four years. This one takes the cake!” said Underwood during her acceptance of the award at the 44th annual Academy of Country music awards on April 5.

That night Underwood told GAC TV that her old awards showcase can no longer accompany her winning streak. “I think I’m going to treat myself now and get a new one cause it’s so full. It’s full of many wonderful things”.

Wonderful things is right; to date Underwood has won a grand total of 59 awards. Being only 26 and holding that much praise under her name is something Underwood does not take for granted. “I am waiting for the bottom to drop out. It has to. I am too lucky”.

If her future is anything like her past, it doesn’t seem like the bottom will be dropping anytime soon for Carrie Underwood. In 2008, she became the youngest person to be inducted into the Grand Ole Opry; an honor she earned at 25.

Underwood will release her third album on November 3 and I think it's safe to say this list will need to be dated come the end of the year.

Carrie updated us on her fan club site yesterday as to the progress of the album & boy does she sound fired up about the shape it is taking. But, she dropped this little tidbit that really has the speculation flowing:

Howdy boys and girls,

I hope everyone is having a great AUGUST! I, personally, can't believe it's already August. Where does the time go, anyway? I just wanted to check in with everyone to let you all know how this album thingy is going! ha ha!

This week should prove to be quite interesting. I'm working on a duet (if you can call it that since there is more than one person involved...hint hint). We've only talked about it, but the initial meetings about it have been really great! And I know all of you will definitely appreciate my partner(s). Sorry, that's all the hints I can give right now. I'm devoting more time to this one to play around with it because I think it's really important. Granted, all of the songs are important, but this one needs to be...what's the word?...explored. It won't be your typical "I-make-the-song-and-someone-else-comes-and-sings-on-it," duet. If you can't tell, I'm really excited about it!

xoxo, Carrie

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Cool and intriguing news, I wonder who she is working with. Hmmmm........

+ Reply to Thread