+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

FORT Fan

Re: Carrie Underwood

Has Carnival Ride been officially rated triple platinum yet?

Quote Originally Posted by felix;3543393;
    Has Carnival Ride been officially rated triple platinum yet?
    Nope, not yet. It's less than 100k away in actual scanned sales though, so I don't know what they are waiting on. There has to be at least that many in inventories around the country.

It has just been officially confirmed that Carries next album will be released November 3. The countdown is on!!!

Also, there is this bit of nice news. There is a nice photo of Carrie with her Mother & both sisters. They are all teachers. Anyway, see if you think Carrie looks like her sisters. They are both much older.

TeachersCount > Social Marketing Campaign

ARISTA star CARRIE UNDERWOOD has been tapped as a celebrity spokesperson for the TEACHERS COUNT "Behind Every Famous Person Is A Fabulous Teacher" campaign.

UNDERWOOD is the first Country artist to be featured in the campaign, which helps "promote public support of the teaching profession, make current teachers feel appreciated in their jobs, and to encourage today ’s bright, young people to become tomorrow’s fabulous teachers."

CARRIE's mother, CAROLE, is a retired elementary school teacher, and her two sisters, STEPHANIE SHELTON and SHANNA MEANS, are both elementary school teachers. CARRIE said: “Teaching was something that ran in my family. I have always admired my mother and sisters for making a difference in the lives of so many.”

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

November 3rd, excellent!

I did not know Carrie's family history with teaching. I have a teaching degree and taught for 2 years before I quit. Besides parenting, it's one of the toughest jobs out there.

Can we enlarge the picture? She resembles the taller sister more but does look like the other sister too.

I can't believe I beat razor with this news.

Underwood headlines 2-day concert for 101st troops

Underwood headlines 2-day concert for 101st troops

By Will Ayers • THE TENNESSEAN • July 9, 2009

Soldiers based at Fort Campbell will get an unprecedented welcome-home present on Aug. 14, and civilians are invited, too.

Carrie Underwood, John Rich, Rodney Atkins and Jake Owen are among the stars who will play for free during the Army post's Week of the Eagles. The homecoming event is held every other year for soldiers of the 101st Airborne Division "Screaming Eagles" who have returned after overseas deployments. But this is the first time that the event's music has stretched over two days, and the star power outstrips anything in its history.
    Advertisement

"People just expect there to be a military, but they don't see faces and they don't know names," Underwood said. "It's very important to just go and raise awareness and bring some cheer to people who might not get it all the time, people who are stuck in another country, away from their family and friends and kids."

Underwood — who in April became the first female performer since 2000 to win the Academy of Country Music Awards entertainer of the year prize — has played for troops before. In 2006, she went on a USO tour of Iraq and Kuwait.

"I'd never performed in front of a gun-toting audience before," said Underwood, laughing. "People were very appreciative; people kept thanking us for being there. All I could say was, 'I get to go home in a week; you don't, so thank you.' "

Normally Fort Campbell staff plans the concerts, but this year, radio broadcasting company Cumulus took over booking and picked up the bill for artist riders and sound equipment. Riders are artists' requests for special accommodations, such as backstage food and beverages.

"This is a huge, huge sponsorship to Fort Campbell," said Melissa Schaffner, marketing director at the post's Morale, Welfare and Recreation department, which plans the Week of the Eagles. "Not only did it save us a lot of time and effort, they had the direct connections to that talent, and it made it really easy for us."
    Other events planned

The free concerts on Aug. 14-15 kick off a week of events that also includes a 10K/5K run, an air show, a tribute to Vietnam veterans and several other events also open to the public.

Most of the 101st Airborne's roughly 25,000 soldiers are back at Fort Campbell after a 15-month deployment to Afghanistan. In May, the post halted its normal military operations for three days so commanders could talk with troops about a rash of soldier suicides that shook the post earlier in the year.

The Week of the Eagles is a "nice way to show support for the troops," said Jane Crossman, director of marketing for Cumulus. The soldiers "come back having seen a lot of really bad stuff and having to reintegrate into the community. It's just a way to say thank you."

Thanks for the military appearance scoop Unk. Here is a bit on the progress of the album.

Underwood works on new album during break | tennessean.com | The Tennessean

Underwood works on new album during break

Carrie Underwood is lying low this year; there's no tour on the schedule and you can count on one hand the times she's performed in public so far in 2009. But that doesn't mean she's taking it easy. The reigning Academy of Country Music entertainer of the year is at work on a new album, due to be released Nov. 3 on 19 Recordings/Arista Nashville. A new single is planned for late summer.

"I can't multitask that well, I suppose," she said of taking time off from touring to record. "I like to be focused on one thing and do the best possible job I can, no matter what that one thing is, whether I'm completely touring or completely writing or completely recording. That's how I operate. Right now, it's been really nice. I'm still working very hard, but I get to go home to my own bed at night, which is really nice."

Carrie says she's still in the writing stage, working with tunesmiths here in Nashville to create the songs that will comprise the follow-up to Carnival Ride, an album on which she co-wrote four songs. Mark Bright is producing; he also worked on Carnival Ride and Carrie's debut, Some Hearts.

"I've definitely been writing a lot more, and I'm getting more comfortable in my writing abilities, kinda branching out and writing with people who aren't necessarily in country music," she said. "I'm not planning on changing the kind of music that I sing, but it's nice to bring a different flavor into it."

Carrie will take a break from her touring break to headline the Week of the Eagles concert series at Fort Campbell in August.; it's one of only a handful of concerts scheduled this year. For details, see page 1A.

These were taken in Tulsa around the time Carrie was home for her Mothers birthday. The guy is her boyfriend, NHL Hockey player Mike Fisher.

She must have had a long put if she has to use a driver on the green…

Can one of the mods delete the above post? What happened?

Nice article about Carrie.

CDInsight.com - News: 2009: Another Record Year for Underwood

2009: Another Record Year for Underwood

Four-time Grammy Winner Carrie Underwood continues to enjoy unstoppable success. Earlier this year she was named the first American Idol winner and only country artist to capture ten #1singles throughout her first two albums.

As 2009 progresses, the beloved country singer is only experiencing more star-studded accomplishments.

Underwood sold more than 10 million albums with her first two records and is now completing another album in collaboration with producer, Mark Bright. The third (yet to be titled) album is scheduled for release on November 3rd. Bright also served as producer and collaborator on Underwood’s previous hit album, Carnival Ride, as well as some tracks on her chart-busting debut, Some Hearts. Needless to say, fan anticipation levels run high.

As if that’s not enough excitement for the country bombshell, a news release from Arista Nashville on July 8 2009 stated that five digital single downloads from her nearly triple-platinum album Carnival Ride have been all certified as platinum or gold.

Underwood has also earned the title of three-year reigning ACM and CMA Female Vocalist of the Year.

In just four short years, this American Idol sensation has become a pivotal force in the music world. Her recent success continues to prove she has only just begun.

+ Reply to Thread