+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

Here are today’s set of photos.

It was so hard to get a really good photo of this autograph signing, there were always lot’s of folks willing to walk right in front of me. I did the best I could.

Montgomery Gentry. They will enter the Opry as the newest members tomorrow night.

New comer, the very pretty Ashton Shepard.

Even though this was taken off the big screen, I like the way it came out. Kid Rock

The ever popular Taylor Swift.

At the fan club party, Carrie said she would have to stand to sing the next song & she tore into How Great Thou Art. It caused a standing ovation & many tears to boot. Just an incredible vocal.

Up & coming singer, Katie Amiger. She cold almost pass for Danielle Pecks younger sister.

Tiny little Julianne Hough. She & Rascal Flatts got rained out Thursday night at the stadium. They both had concerts the following night in far away locals so they couldn't wait out the rain delay.

Jason Aldean cutting loose.

Kenny Chesney sends everyone home happy on the final night, & looking forward to next year.

I’m running out of shareable photos, I promise. I’ll leave you alone soon.

At the Opry, they encourage folks to get down front & take photos. Notice all the ones that decided to do just that.

Trent Tomlinson. He grew up in the same small town as Cheryl Crow.

Joe Nichols. I really like his new single Believers.

Lee Anne Womack. Believe me when I tell you that the close ups on the big screen did her no favors, not to mention, she was really tough to get into. Love to hear her on the radio, not so good live.

The reunion of The Judds. Loved it when they were on stage together, not so much when it was just Wynonna.

FORT Regular

Thanks for sharing the stories and the pictures. Sounds like you had a blast.

Razor, I've loved all the pictures, and even that they are coming a little each day. It looks like you had a great time.

Carrie signing at the Opry booth with performance videos playing behind her.

This is Jeffrey Steele. He had a performance slot in the courtyard prior to the Grand Ole Opry. Unless you watch Nashville Star (he is a judge) you may not know anything about him. But, I guarantee you that if you follow Country Music at all, you will be familiar with the hits he has written for others including:

My Town, Speed, Something To Be Proud Of, Hell Yeah, Gone, Chrome, I’m Trying, Brand New Girlfriend, What Hurts The Most, My Wish, Me And My Gang, These Days, Everyday, The Cowboy In Me, When The Lights Go Down, Unbelieveable, Big Deal, She’d Give Anything, A Cowboys Born With A Broken Heart, They Don’t Make Em Like That Anymore, Everytime I Hear Your Name, Couldn’t Last A Moment, Help Somebody, Love Is A Beautiful Thing, And International Harvester.

And here are some of his more recent accolades:

One Of Billboard Magazines Top 5 Writers 6 Years In A Row
    Over 35,000,000 Airplays On Radio And Television
    Over 450 Songs Cut In An 8-Year Period
    By Over A 100 Artists
    With 85 Singles Released
    Off More Than 75 Gold And Platinum Records
    With Over 50 Million Records Sold
    More Than 50 Writers Awards
    2007 Cma Triple Play Award (3 No 1 Songs In A Year) “Brand New Girlfriend”,
    “My Wish”, And “What Hurts The Most”
    3 Grammy Nominations As A Writer And As A Musician

And he is now in the studio producing the first album for The LoCash Cowboys.

Jessica Harp, the lesser known of the two women that made up The Wreckers. She is now on her own & her first single Boy Like Me is climbing the charts.

Obviously, he is who it says he is. Luke has had quite a bit of success the past two years & seems to be getting better all the time. He also wrote Good Directions for Billy Currington.

Martina McBride letting the vocals roll. No one ever gets the response that Martina gets every time she sings Broken Wing. The stadium walls practically come tumbling down.

This is from the second Opry show. I had 7th row seats, but I’m always astounded to watch the crowd surge to the stage just before Carrie comes so they can get better photos.

Charley Daniels playing fiddle on The Devil Went Down to Georgia. The sparks were flying off those strings. He flat tore into it that night.

By the way, Martina McBride has a celebrity auction every year & the artists donate stuff with the proceeds going to charity. This year it went to the YWCA. Charlie, donated the Golden Fiddle from the Devil Went Down to Georgia, autographed, with a bow, in a case & the sales price went for less than 2 grand. Someone, got an incredible piece of Rock/Country historical memorabilia.

Lady Antebellum prior to signing at the Convention center.

For you Blue Grass fans. Mama is the red headed lady on Mandolin, Daddy is the guy playing bass & the rest are the kids. The family is named Cherryholmes & they are all incredible musicians. The guy playing guitar on the far right broke a string mid song, changed it, retuned it, & never missed a lick. The baby of the family is the girl playing fiddle at the far left, I believe she is 15,she has to be seen to be believed.

The very pretty LeeAnn Rimes. Still smiling even through all her personal issues.

Jamey Johnson. Last year he was relegated to doing two songs acoustically, this year he got the full performance slot.

Julie Roberts, post performance.

Newcomers, the Zac Brown Band. This guy is one incredible guitar player. He did a finger pickin Devil Went Down To Georgia, on the acoustic guitar that set the crowd on end. Ssssssmokin!

These two girls go by the name of Bomshel. Their newest single “Fight Like A Girl” is climbing the charts.

Sugarland They are always very good.

Last edited by razorbacker; 06-27-2009 at 08:43 AM.

Little Jimmy Dickens, notice the big picture shows the name on his guitar strap. He ain’t much bigger than a Tater.

One more of Kid Rock, just because I like it.

Jennifer Nettles. She is always very good.

And that concludes my tour. I got to see many great artists, but there were many others that were there(probably twice as many more) that I didn’t get to see…maybe next year.

Carrie says thanks for stopping by. I don't know why this wo't appear full size. Grrr!

Carrie has achieved another milestone in her career. All American Girl has just been Certified as Platinum giving her her first such award as a song writer.

+ Reply to Thread