+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood

Re: Carrie Underwood

I am packing & getting ready for the road trip to Nashville. Looking forward to seeing some old friends again & hearing some great music. The CMA announced yesterday that Kenny Chesney would have the honor of closing the weekend as the last performer on Sunday night. Carrie, has still not been announced as a performer, but every year they save 2 or 3 slots so they can have surprise guests. My guess from looking at the so far announced schedule is that Carrie would fit in on Friday night since that night has NO solo female artists. But, there are also slots available Saturday & Sunday.

Here is the schedule for all nights in the stadium:

Thursday Night:
    Pre-show activities begin at 7:30pm, show starts at 8pm. Dierks Bentley, Brooks & Dunn, Julianne Hough, Reba McEntire, Brad Paisley, Darius Rucker, and Rascal Flatts.

Friday Night Schedule:
    Jason Aldean, Rodney Atkins, Luke Bryan, Lady Antebellum, Jake Owen, Zac Brown Band, and Little Big Town.

Saturday Night:
    Trace Adkins, Jamey Johnson, Lee Ann Womack, Martina McBride, Wynonna, and Josh Turner.

Sunday Night:
    Miranda Lambert, Montgomery Gentry, John Rich, Taylor Swift, and Jack Ingram, Kenny Chesney

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3488124;
    I am packing & getting ready for the road trip to Nashville. Looking forward to seeing some old friends again & hearing some great music. The CMA announced yesterday that Kenny Chesney would have the honor of closing the weekend as the last performer on Sunday night. Carrie, has still not been announced as a performer, but every year they save 2 or 3 slots so they can have surprise guests. My guess from looking at the so far announced schedule is that Carrie would fit in on Friday night since that night has NO solo female artists. But, there are also slots available Saturday & Sunday.

Here is the schedule for all nights in the stadium:

Thursday Night:
    Pre-show activities begin at 7:30pm, show starts at 8pm. Dierks Bentley, Brooks & Dunn, Julianne Hough, Reba McEntire, Brad Paisley, Darius Rucker, and Rascal Flatts.

Friday Night Schedule:
    Jason Aldean, Rodney Atkins, Luke Bryan, Lady Antebellum, Jake Owen, Zac Brown Band, and Little Big Town.

Saturday Night:
    Trace Adkins, Jamey Johnson, Lee Ann Womack, Martina McBride, Wynonna, and Josh Turner.

Sunday Night:
    Miranda Lambert, Montgomery Gentry, John Rich, Taylor Swift, and Jack Ingram, Kenny Chesney
    Sounds like great fun. I think Lady Antebellum is one of my new favorites. I really like that 'run to you' song. I'm sure of the title, but that's what it should be if it's not!

FORT Fanatic

justCoz i love lady a also and "run to you". had that song on my player once i got my hand on the cd....way before it became a single and airplay.

razorback looking forward to your posts and all the fun details. hope you have fun.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Wow! Julianne Hough is in some heady company there. That's quite a coup for her!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Hola from Nashville,

Today is the kickoff parade & welcoming street party beginning around 3pm. But, yesterday was all about Ms. Carrie. The fan club party was held at the Grand Ol Opry, it kicked off at 11:30 with about an hour long concert. The fans had picked the play list & Carrie mentioned that even though she loved us, she didn't like us very muc. We picked some incredibly tough vocals. Sweet Chile O Mine, Alone, Ever Ever AfterStand By Your Man, How Great Thou Art, & a buch of others, even one song that she had performed only once in concert. She was accompanied by 2 guitar players, a Drummer, piano player & backup singer. She is just so incredibly good...I know there are some that just don't like her for whatever reason, but she is just one fine vocalist.

As a special guest MC she asked Lance Smith from CMT to do the honors. There was a question & answer/ interview period that lasted about 30 minutes & then there was a Do You Know the Lyrics competition & the winner won 2 all expense paid fly away vacations to see her in Chicago later this Summer.

She did announce that she just bought her first car, didn't say what it was, but she still has & still drives the Mustang she won on Idol. She also announced that she wouldn't be playing LP Field this year. It was a dissapointment, but we got so much better seats & Show at the Fan Club Party that not many were to dissappointed. But, she will be signing autopgraphs on Thursday in the convention center for 4 straight hours. The mad rush will be on to get one of those tickets. They also had a display case set up in the lobby with a bunch of the awards she has won. Her trophy case must be overflowing.

Then the Opry was last night. I went to both shows & she did 3 songs at each one, was the closing act for each one & was mentioned by more than one performer about how they all knew that most of us in the audience were there to see her. Trace Adkins was really funny. He sang a song & then said " Carrie Underwood is here tonight." The crowd roared their approval. Then he said " She's in love with me. She doesn't know I know that but I can see it in her eyes." About that time some girl in the audience yelled " I love you Trace." He immediately said " See there's Carrie out there in the audience yelling for me. Shh, Carrie, the wife's just over there."

It was a great opening day. Looking forward to opening ceremonies today.

I forgot to add somethng funny that happened at the Opry last night. Little Jimmy Dickens was the opener, he is the oldest & longest serving Opry member. He is now 87 & still performs regularly. He is only about 4 ft. 2 inches, hence the name Little Jimmy. Anyway, Carrie came onstage & sang her first song & out of no where, Jimmy runs on stage & gives her a big hug, she bent down to kiss him on the cheek, & he ran off just as fast. Never said a word, never acknowledged anyone or anything other than getting a hug from Carrie.

Other performers last night were Lori Morgan, Rickey Skaggs, Bill Anderson, Little Big Town, Charlie Daniels & Trace Adkins.

FORT Fanatic

razor...thanks for the updates! and thats hilarious about adkins and little jimmy. hope your having fun. looking forward to more updates.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to continue these. The whole setup this year is different. The CMA isn't providing free computer kiosks, so I'm using the Hotel Business center, not supposed to but it's 5:15 am so I'm not bothering anybody. But, I'm definitely not going to get up this early the rest of the week.

Anyway, yesterday was the parade, I think I got some good photos, especially of Bo Bice. Watched a couple of artists, Trent Tomlinson & The LoCash Cowboys. If you haven't heard of LoCash yet, I guarantee you will. These guys are the wild men of Country Music, if you ever hear of them being in your area...Run to see them.

So the music begins in earnest today. As I said, this year is completely different. In years past, all the artists played on the Riverfront stages & you needed a ticket to get in. This year, due to the economy, they have opened it up to the public for free & put the music on 4 different stages, all within walking distances, but scattered about. So,it takes a bit more of looking at the separate schedules to figure out who to see.

Some of the acts I'm going to try & see today: Gretchen Wilson, Phil Vassar, Chuck Wicks, The Kentucky Headhunters, Danieele Peck, Ashton Shepard, The Bellamy Brothers, Heidi Newfield, & Neil McCoy.

Tonight in the Stadium in performance order: Brooks & Dunn, Reba McEntire Julianne Hough, Darius Rucker, Dierks Bently, Rascal Flatts, & Brad Paisley. With a special Acoustic performance by Jimmy Wayne.

All of this & I have to save some time to get over & watch the madness as Carrie signs autographs. It is worth the trip just to see it. You definitely can't believe the reaction & the crowds & the security that surrounds her, until you see it for yourself.

And, on top of all that , I'm "supposed" to get a tour of the XM studios here in Nashville, high atop the Sommet Center.

Going to be a good day, hopefully I'll see ya tomorrow.

PS: The Carrie exhibit at the Hall of Fame opens today as well.

FORT Fanatic

i guess they're having tough times also there at the fest. gotta cut something...and that's some free things like computer usage.

well, i'm just going to look forward to your summary after wards. and if you do wakeup early to post...aloha in advance.

have fun.

For updates you can always check the local Nashville paper, The Tennessean, daily. They have a section devoted to the festival.

tennessean.com | Nashville CMA Music Fest | The Tennessean

+ Reply to Thread